Why use a TA at all?

cjtwer

I don't want to have to track down every discount and hunt down the onboard credit and make the table seating arrangements w/ RCI, and I don't have to because my TA does it for me.

This is exactly why I am desperately trying to find one! I want someone else to find the discounts, obc's, etc and I want to relax. :D

I used to book directly then found a great TA who only books cruises & she gets us great perks such as on board credits per stateroom, free wine packages, and even soda packages plus she always keeps an eye on price drops and gets it for us without us even knowing! Plus TA seem to have certain staterooms free to book that other sites don't and with our large groups our TA checks to get us the staterooms all close together -- would never book thru the RCI website when the TA is so much easier and gets us additional items!

We live in New Zealand and cannot book directly with RCCL. All bookings have to be done through a TA.

That said, even if we could book direct for cruises, we would still use our TA. He is good and has known us for several years. He is willing to do research to find us the best deals for air fares and he has just organised a 3-day land trip in India for us, at less than a quarter the price of a similar shore excursion offered by the cruise line.

A couple of years ago, we were "deported" from Vietnam due to the Vietnamese Embassy in NZ having issued us with the wrong class of visa - not the fault of our TA or us. Our TA came through for us, working during his night-time to organise a new visa and new flights for us, so that we were able to return successfully to Vietnam the following day. We could not have done that on our own. We'll stickwith using a TA.

Wow, what an experience! Not too many people can report having been deported from Vietnam. It really sounds like you have found a great TA!

Archived