Asia / Orient Cruises

I wasn't aware they quit doing the world cruises. While I still work for a travel company, it's been 8 years since I've done bookings and our company outsourced cruises years ago so we don't get brochures anymore. I would jump onto RCCL.com and email them the question.

If you want to look at another cruise line, I had a co-worker who sailed from Hong Kong to Bali on the Marco Polo (Orient Cruise Lines). She loved it but it was about 9 years ago and I don't know how well they have kept the already old ship up. Princess is using the Pacific Princess (an older ship) for the Orient and Holland uses the Amsterdam. Now if you have more money at your disposal, the Queen Mary II, Crystal and Radisson do the Orient. I read a review of the QM II and I'd love to sail her, but her cheapest rate on the Caribbean was 1149/pp, which is 300 more than I paid for a balconey on RCCL!

Anyway, good luck and let us know when RCCL will sail the world again.

I suspect its global terrorism paranoia that's stopping them. I went on an NCL Singapore to Hong Kong cruise after 9/11 (just before they stopped doing them too) and it was nearly empty. Shame...

Archived