Beginner scuba with Alison?

mpatterson7

I will be doing a Carnival cruise to Cozumel in May and plan on doing a beginner resort course for scuba. I have been doing some research and I think I'm going to go with Scuba with Alison based on her good reviews. My questions are...What is her beginner course like? How long are you in the water actually diving? How deep do we go? She said we will be going to Paradise Reef...How is it there for beginner diving? Anybody that's done this excursion or knows anything about it, I would appreciate your input. Thanks..

We didn't do the beginner either, but it was our 1st dive after certification and it had been 6 months since our classes. Chucho (works with Alison) did a great job reorienting us to every thing and making sure we were safe and having fun. Alison does a great job of responding to e-mails, so you might want to ask her for more specifics about the beginner scuba program. You'll find her contact info on the website.

We're diving with her again next month and looking forward to it.

(ps - hey Debbie)

• 2 weeks later...

We did the resort course with Alison in November and LOVED the dive and her and her crew!!! That day was the absolute highlight of our trip. We had a couple that was certified with us, and they dove first. While they were in the water, Alison gave us the lesson on the boat. When the divers came back, they took us to a shallow beach where we got in the water and went over the basics. We were probably in the water for 15 or 20 minutes. From there we got back on the boat and went out to the dive site. Alison and one of her guys (Tony might have been his name), goes down with you. She pulls the buoy along that indicates there are divers in the water, and the rope helps you follow her. She also takes a whistle so she can point out all the neat things to see. We had a super lucky dive and saw several sea turtles and nurse sharks. Depending on how you breathe, I think we were down for 45 minutes to an hour. I was one of the last ones up and I think I was down for about an hour. We went about 35-40 feet deep. I was nervous first about going down and clearing my ears, and she came over and held my hand and helped me down. Later I was having problems with floating, and Tony gave me an extra weight that helped a lot. It was an amazing dive and they took excellent care of us!!

Here are some pics of our dive.

IMG_5950.jpg.dfd450b90d6056c745bca1eec6854c9a.jpg

PICT0096.jpg.6daaaf644381a3b2603b5a93d81a7082.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg.2fac85f870d780c5a9fd737d3eda22ed.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg.36c4fdc562c3d358c40bdc02a7b11f91.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg.4eb3646457bb44cfe4f406a20fd21d48.jpg

What tour group is Alison through? We are going in three weeks. I've been on a couple of beginner's courses. This one sounds nice with 45 min in the water at 40 ft deep!

Archived