Hotel Help, Miami

trixicatt

we are flying in a day early and would like some hotel recomendations from you all on where to stay

preferably would like free pick up from airport, and free shuttle to port the next day...

and possibly a liquor store/grocery close by

all at a reasonable cost,

found days inn international for about $90 but some are saying not to go there etc

thanks in advance!

Honestly, I did a lot of research on these boards for my trip next week. The hotels that offer free shuttle arent really where you want to stay. I saw look at Coral Gables area. VERY nice area and some stuff around. I did priceline and had downtown and coral cables area checked for 4 star.. I got the Hyatt Regency downtown for $70, wish I had gotten Coral Cables area though :( Oh well, live and learn!

I doubt that you will find a "decent" hotel with free transportation to both! We are going in May and have booked at HI POM - which is a about 1/2 mile from cruise port and directly across the street from Bayside Market Place, which is an outdoor shopping mall w/lots of restaurants, music, etc.

Honestly, I did a lot of research on these boards for my trip next week. The hotels that offer free shuttle arent really where you want to stay. I saw look at Coral Gables area. VERY nice area and some stuff around. I did priceline and had downtown and coral cables area checked for 4 star.. I got the Hyatt Regency downtown for $70, wish I had gotten Coral Cables area though :( Oh well, live and learn!

The Hyatt Regancy downtown is a great hotel, very close to the POM. You got yourself a fantastic deal!:)

we are flying in a day early and would like some hotel recomendations from you all on where to stay

preferably would like free pick up from airport, and free shuttle to port the next day...

found days inn international for about $90 but some are saying not to go there etc

thanks in advance!

I am one of the ones who suggested you do not walk around the Days Inn. Why don't you check hotels in the West Miami-Dade area instead? There are quite a few in the Doral area. This is not a tourist area, more of a residential as well as an industrial area (lots of businesses there, including the Carnival Cruise Lines Headquarters), the area is safe to walk around, many of the hotels have shuttles to and from the airport (You might have to pay a shuttle from the Hotel to the Port), there are quite a few stores around, including a large Walmart, Sams Club, several liquor stores, many restaurants (Red Lobster, Tony Roma's, Shorty's BBQ, Wendys, Taco Bell, a Mexican place, a Mediterranean restaurant, Dunkin Doughnouts, etc.) all within walking distance. And the hotels prices should be cheaper than the downtown area.

If you do want to check downtowwn Miami, just a few minutes away from the Port, there is the Intercontinental Chopin Plaza, the Hyatt Regency, a Holiday Inn, a Hilton, several Marriotts, etc. (I understand there is a way you are able to bid for one of these hotels, at the price you want to pay, but I do not know the specifics).

The Coral Gables/Coconut Grove area are both beautiful, several great hotels, but much more expensive than $90.00 a night, unless you get one of those fantastic deals that I read where some people get fantastic prices on very expensive hotels.

thanks in advance!

Impossible to get. Check out Hampton Inn Blue lagoon. Nice and affordable.

When are you trveling? Rates will depend highly on that.

thanks floridacruiser i appreciate the help a ton :) i will look into west miami dade area and downtown as well

eandj we are cruising may 10--09 i will check blue lagoon, thanks for your help

we dont mind pay for a taxi to the port, just dont want to pay for everythingggg-- taxi from airport to hotel from hotel to port plus from hotel to get drinks and vino to take on ship can really add up

Hi Tcatt! We just returned from Miami Monday and we got a 4 star Hyatt Regency Miami for $ 80.00 a night. To the right of where you check in- is the Hyatt information desk and they got us 2 vans that took us to the port for $ 6.00 per person. Just ask the porters and they can get you anything you need.

Where ar you flying in to? If you fly into FLL give SAS a call they get in

to Miami at a great price!

We at at the Buffet and it was really good! Starbucks coffee served at the grill!

FYI - at the Regency there were 20 or more taxis of all kinds to take you where you needed to go.

Good Luck!

Sandy

Hi Tcatt! We just returned from Miami Monday and we got a 4 star Hyatt Regency Miami for $ 80.00 a night. To the right of where you check in- is the Hyatt information desk and they got us 2 vans that took us to the port for $ 6.00 per person. Just ask the porters and they can get you anything you need.

Where ar you flying in to? If you fly into FLL give SAS a call they get in

to Miami at a great price!

We at at the Buffet and it was really good! Starbucks coffee served at the grill!

FYI - at the Regency there were 20 or more taxis of all kinds to take you where you needed to go.

Good Luck!

Sandy

The cab fare to the port would run $12.00 per ride, up to 4 people. Did you have a huge group that you needed to keep together for some reason? This is really double what a cab would charge. But I know some large groups would rather follow each other in private vans.

Also for firinggirl, you don't need to arrange the cab with the hotel, as the cabs often up the fares a bit. Just stand in front of the hotel and you'll get a cab. There are plenty. There are van cabs also.

Archived