~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

I have obtained my goal at WW and weigh in once a month now. The program really does work.

If you go over your daily points on line, the system will dip into your 35 extra points. If you use activity points these are the last to be used after your 35 points are used.

Snacks on cruises- I bring some snacks for the plane and cruises. I usually bring animal crackers and pretzels. I avoid eating the snacks on the planes which save points. I sometimes will eat the crackers while I am getting ready for dinner or before heading out for a cocktail. I also pick up an apple, banana or something like that to keep in my cabin. Since I always eat at late seating I find that I need to eat something around 6pm so I am not starving at dinner.

Also one helpful hint. Spend some time in the grocery store with the point finder and find different items 1-2 points. It is amazing what items you can find and will fill you up but are low in points.

Hi Gals and David, it's me Judi!!!!! It is so good to see all the new faces and yet feel the comfort of all my "old" friends.....I'm still at goal, so don't have to weigh in but once a month, and my meetings are free. I'm actually 4 pounds under goal, but have a cruise set for Jan and of course Christmas, so I'm sure I will need the flexibility. For you girls out there that are struggling, take it from me, I NEVER thought I would hit goal...I was in a size 14 going the wrong way when I said "enough" this past Feb. Since August I have been in a size 6. I am 62 years old and 5' 2". I do not exercise..never have and I have a HUGE candy habit. That was the hardest for me, and is still a problem that I have to watch..eating is such a life long habit that it is really hard to break those chains, but it can be done. I still journal, still bite and spit, and only eat what I truly LOVE to see on my arse..I love Spanx..holds in all the jiggly stuff..and eat most of my home meals on luncheon plates. Do allot of cooking at home, there's just the two of us, and go out every Friday night. I don't count Fridays, cuz my weigh in is on Thursdays!! I still drink my two liters of flavored zero calorie water per day...and never did have to resort to the colon cleanse or amputation of my right leg.....I did this all on my own and believe me, you can too! Keep HAPPY DANCING and waving that skinny wand around and you all have a wonderful, stress free, healthy Holiday.

Judi

Hi Gals and David, it's me Judi!!!!! It is so good to see all the new faces and yet feel the comfort of all my "old" friends.....I'm still at goal, so don't have to weigh in but once a month, and my meetings are free. I'm actually 4 pounds under goal, but have a cruise set for Jan and of course Christmas, so I'm sure I will need the flexibility. For you girls out there that are struggling, take it from me, I NEVER thought I would hit goal...I was in a size 14 going the wrong way when I said "enough" this past Feb. Since August I have been in a size 6. I am 62 years old and 5' 2". I do not exercise..never have and I have a HUGE candy habit. That was the hardest for me, and is still a problem that I have to watch..eating is such a life long habit that it is really hard to break those chains, but it can be done. I still journal, still bite and spit, and only eat what I truly LOVE to see on my arse..I love Spanx..holds in all the jiggly stuff..and eat most of my home meals on luncheon plates. Do allot of cooking at home, there's just the two of us, and go out every Friday night. I don't count Fridays, cuz my weigh in is on Thursdays!! I still drink my two liters of flavored zero calorie water per day...and never did have to resort to the colon cleanse or amputation of my right leg.....I did this all on my own and believe me, you can too! Keep HAPPY DANCING and waving that skinny wand around and you all have a wonderful, stress free, healthy Holiday.

Judi

Wow that is truly an inspiration! I actually went over my daily points by 2 today for the first time and had to dip in to my weekly points. Ate out twice today because we were in the city doing holiday shopping. I'm so glad to see that Applebees has WW dedicated meals and they are quite tasty! I splurged and had Taco Bell for dinner which what had put me over, but I didn't feel TOO guilty about it :)

Also one helpful hint. Spend some time in the grocery store with the point finder and find different items 1-2 points. It is amazing what items you can find and will fill you up but are low in points.

Thanks for that hint. I'm always wondering about the point value of certain foods. I just pass on them.

Next trip my points finder comes with me.

Denise

Has anyone tried the Smart Ones frozen food dinners? I bought a couple today and was just wondering what people thought of them. I have not tried any yet.

I've tried a few of them. I dont remember which ones I had but they were pretty good. Also I think it's Healthy Choice has a pretty good steamer bowl that's like 5-6 points.

Weighed in today instead of Wednesday. We had 6 inches of school and work was canceled

(I teach) so I didn't go out of the house, except to shovel.

I am down another 2.6. :)

You could have knocked me over with a feather. :confused:

My home scale does not indicate this but I'm not complaining.

I haven't done anything different then I normally do.

Sending skinny vibes to everyone.

SW 221.6

CW 185.2

mini goal 177

Denise

Denise -- you are so close to your goal! Awesome!

Firemonkey, congrats on your loss, too!

I have tried some of the frozen meals -- I've been pretty happy with Lean Cuisine and I've had one Smart One (tuna noodle casserole and it was YUMMY). Today I'm trying a Healthy Choice one (Salisbury steak)... I'll let you know!

Hi all, I have been on a few times reading and keeping up with everyone's successes and challenges! Congrats to all those who have lost weight. The end of November I said I gained 3.2 pounds, since then my two weigh ins were down 1.6 and then down 1 so I'm almost back to where I was the week before my gain. Its been very hard with Christmas parties and eating out dinners.

I have been trying to get some exercising in but have been so busy, as I'm sure everyone has.

I have tried a couple of the Smart Ones dinners, I like the ravioli and the turkey dinner. I like the Lean Cuisine ravioli better though. I've also had the chicken parmisian. I find they are good to eat the night before my weigh ins, or at least I tell myself that. I don't know if it really makes a difference or not.

Happy Holidays to all!

Susan

SW 264

CW 207.4

Congrats on getting back on track, Jane & Susan!

Me, not so much. Over-indulged some this weekend, and then had take-out food the last 2 nights, so I'm loaded with sodium, and probably bloated. That's how I'm explaining being up 3.2 lbs over last week! :eek:

I actually think that's partially true, but I was probably up some anyway.

My group is dark the next two weeks, so we won't meet/weigh-in until 1/7. Gonna try to get back on track before then.

The PLAN: re-start tracking this Saturday (which is "Day One" of the week for DH and me)... try to keep flex points used on Saturday/Sunday to only 5 each day (10 total for the weekend), leaving 15 to use 12/24 & 12/25... Oh, and get at least 60 minutes of activity: housework/Wii fit/treadmill, something!

Do any of you have big strategies to navigate the next few weeks?

SW: 246.2

CW: 212

GW: 154

Mini-Goal: near 205 by 1/14/10

well...i gained .2 lbs.....not a lot .... still on track...but i thought i had lost something, anything :(

oh well, today starts a new day...but my boss ordered pizza and yes i had two slices...oh boy :( i dont think thats the way to start the weekend :confused:

my weighins are thursday but because of the holiday..i wont see anyone from that group until janaury....HOWEVER...during thanskgiving, i did manage to get weighed in on wed morning. i lost over a pound that week. i will be doing that again for the next two weeks. even if i dont lose, it helps to ground me and keep me on track.

my cruise is coming!!! in about 10 weeks!!! its almost here. i am getting SUPER excited.

but can i take little snacks like fiber one bars on the ship?????????

-dalia

--------------------------

(updated 12/17/09)

Goal: lose 20 lbs in 20 weeks

Wks to go: 10 weeks

Lbs to go: 10

Hey, Jane - Yep, we're very similar! I'm 5'6". I've been at this around 11 months, and I've lost about 34 pounds. I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one plugging along at a slow but steady pace! Seems like many of the people at my at-work meeting (including the ones I didn't think were overweight when they started) are losing fools! Others who started the same time as me have lost 65 lbs., 75lbs., maybe more! CRAZY. We keep plugging along, we'll get there!!

Got weighed to day, up .8 again. I'm going to pick up my daughter tomorrow to bring her home for the holidays so got weighed a day early. Then next week I will get weighed on Thursday morning. they are open until 11 am on Thursday. I expect I will probably not lose the next couple of weeks but at least if I know I'm going to get weighed I will be a bit more careful than if I just don't get weighed for a couple of weeks.

Congrats Jane on losing that 3 lbs again plus another one. When is your cruise?

Dalia, I took 1 and 2 point snacks with me last year on our cruise. I found they were great to take with me on shore excursions, it kept me from being hungry and I knew how many points I was using. I also used the stairs a lot, and drank lots of water.

Good luck to everyone for the next two weeks!

Susan

We just retuned from the Caribbean Nov. 15th and had a great time, but would have been even better if I were much more in shape (thinner). Our next cruise is booked for Nov. 28, 2010, Caribbean Princess, 14 days, and I would like to be much thinner and healthier. I want to be able to look at the photos and be proud of myself, instead of always being the one taking the pictures so that I'm not in them. I just recieved 'Sweatin to the Oldies' and plan to incorporate it in my weight loss, but more importantly I need you guys!! Help!!!!

SW: 233.5

CW: 233.5

GW: 170.0

Height: 5'6"

Kelly

On my cruises I took some pretzels, animal crackers and some WW bars for the plane and are great for shore excursions. That seemed to work really well for me.

When you first start WW it can be dificult, some weeks are good other weeks are not so good. You can count, plan etc.. and sometimes you just have a bad week. Other weeks I thought I over ate and I lost more weight. You just have to stick with it and over time you will know what works and what doesn't. It took me about a year and a half to lose 65lbs, long time but I am able to keep it off. Over time your mind changes about eating and the choices you make. For me the focus is not on food anymore. When I used to go on vacation I thought it would be a vacation away from normal food, drink etc... Well now I try to stick to plan as best as possible and realize going on a vacation is not about the food. The only time I do not journal what I eat is when I am on vacation. You pretty much know what are better choices to pick from. I do not deprive myself but will only have one frozen drink per cruise, or enjoy 1-2 desserts in the week if I really want them.... If I chose a dessert than I will skip salad dressing for a few days, things like that... Just make wiser choices and the plan really works.

Archived