~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Ideas for veggies would be a great help. I tend to use too many points on treats. :)

Have you tried the Green Giant single serving veggies with the WW points on the front? Some are zero points and some have 1 point. They are very good.

Kim

Here are some of the low-point foods that I have been using lately:

Green Giant Veggie Single Servings

A WW shake mix with half a bananna in the blender with ice

Curried Eggplant: Slice eggplant thin, sprinkle on curry powder and then spray with Pam olive oil spray. Flip and do the other side. Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven or grill

Creamy Cheese Squash: (From Hungry Girl) Slice squash and onions and put in a baking dish that has a lid. Add about a 1/4 cup of water and then 2 Laughing Cow Lite garlic cheese triangles. I cut the triangles up into small pieces and mix through the squash and onions. Bake at 350 with lid on baking dish. The water and cheese triangles melt together to make a creamy sauce. The Laughing Cow cheese is 1 point per serving but this makes a big baking dish full of squash.

Tomato and Cucumber Salad: I slice cumcumbers and tomatos and place on a plate. I then spray them with the Whish Bone Salad Spritzers in the Balsamic Breeze flavor. I chill the plate in the fridge for at least an hour and then serve.

Asian Slaw: One package of Broccolli Slaw mix from the bagged produce department, one can of water chestnuts, one can of Mandrian oranges (rinse sugar syrup away). I mix all three things together and then add some Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame reduced fat dressing. (the dressing is 50 calories for 2 table spoons.) I am counting this as 2Pts per cup with going light on the dressing.

Baked potato with a Green Giant Single Serving box of broccolli/cheese sauce. (I used to be a butter and sour cream girl so this really cuts a lot of points)

I am looking for any other veggie ideas. I need to stop using so many points of Happy Cow ice cream bars, baked tostidos, etc and eat lots more veggies.

Kim

Here are some of the low-point foods that I have been using lately:

Green Giant Veggie Single Servings

A WW shake mix with half a bananna in the blender with ice

Curried Eggplant: Slice eggplant thin, sprinkle on curry powder and then spray with Pam olive oil spray. Flip and do the other side. Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven or grill

Creamy Cheese Squash: (From Hungry Girl) Slice squash and onions and put in a baking dish that has a lid. Add about a 1/4 cup of water and then 2 Laughing Cow Lite garlic cheese triangles. I cut the triangles up into small pieces and mix through the squash and onions. Bake at 350 with lid on baking dish. The water and cheese triangles melt together to make a creamy sauce. The Laughing Cow cheese is 1 point per serving but this makes a big baking dish full of squash.

Tomato and Cucumber Salad: I slice cumcumbers and tomatos and place on a plate. I then spray them with the Whish Bone Salad Spritzers in the Balsamic Breeze flavor. I chill the plate in the fridge for at least an hour and then serve.

Asian Slaw: One package of Broccolli Slaw mix from the bagged produce department, one can of water chestnuts, one can of Mandrian oranges (rinse sugar syrup away). I mix all three things together and then add some Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame reduced fat dressing. (the dressing is 50 calories for 2 table spoons.) I am counting this as 2Pts per cup with going light on the dressing.

Baked potato with a Green Giant Single Serving box of broccolli/cheese sauce. (I used to be a butter and sour cream girl so this really cuts a lot of points)

I am looking for any other veggie ideas. I need to stop using so many points of Happy Cow ice cream bars, baked tostidos, etc and eat lots more veggies.

Kim

Wow, Kim that Squash sounds really yummy! Hungry Girl Rocks! I made her "Lord of the Rings" Onion Rings a couple of weeks ago and they were really yummy and so simple just eggbeaters, onion and Fiber One Cereal. I'm looking forward to trying the Butternut Squash Fries soon. I also have to agree on the Green Giant Veggies, I love the corn and butter.

My favorite meal right now is Chicken Penne with Pesto. I just chop up half of a chicken breast and throw it over a cup of whole wheat penne with 1/4 cup of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and you've got a 6 point pasta dish. I usually add a veggie to the side, but still it's a super low point filling dinner :D!

My favorite meal right now is Chicken Penne with Pesto. I just chop up half of a chicken breast and throw it over a cup of whole wheat penne with 1/4 cup of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and you've got a 6 point pasta dish. I usually add a veggie to the side, but still it's a super low point filling dinner :D!

What brand of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto are you using or are you making your own? That sounds really good.

Kim

I weighed in this evening and had no change, which I was really pleased with! This weekend was our son's b-day party and we cooked out, so there were lots of foods around this weekend that aren't usually in our house. I have purged all these sinful things ;) from the house, so this week will be better.

I'm curious how faithfully do y'all track? I am horrible with it, and I honestly think if I hadn't continued to have satisfying results without being faithful to it maybe I would try harder. That's my goal this week to track the entire week!!

I'm curious how faithfully do y'all track? I am horrible with it, and I honestly think if I hadn't continued to have satisfying results without being faithful to it maybe I would try harder. That's my goal this week to track the entire week!!

I am a track-a-holic. I am an on-line WW member and use the web tracking tools only. Since I am on my laptop night and day for work, I am always clicking over to the WW site to log in whatever I eat or drink and any excercise. I never use the weekly bonus points or cash in any excercise points. I try to do at least 10 exercise points a week. (except for this week. I am behind in the exercise points due to the heat outside) If I were not logging everything, I think that I would cheat on the food with a bunch of little calories during the day.

Kim

Hello All!!

It has been quite some time since I've checked in to this thread. I have no upcoming cruises planned and don't find myself on CC anymore at all. I would LOVE to have a cruise booked, but moving countries is expensive. Soon though I hope! Through the big move I have done great with WW. I've been staying on track and losing weight. Last night I had an awesome weigh-in, down 3.4 lbs! That makes a total of 18.6 lbs so far. I also reached my 10%. It feels amazing. I really need some new clothes, but I'm holding off until I'm closer to goal.

The most difficult thing about my move has been that Canada doesn't carry the same variety of foods, especially WW food. I've had to drive across the border TWICE already to get WW ice cream bars and cheese! I've had a heck of a time finding new low point snacks. Good thing I'm only about 15 mins from the US border! Skinny Cow is sold at my local grocery store, but not all of their products :( so sad. And no Green Giant Just for One veggies :confused: I've been sticking to lots of fresh fruit and veggies lately. I've also been exercising more. I live in a much safer and quieter neighbourhood now, perfect for walks. The weather has been gorgeous too! YAY!

So, are there anyone else on here who's Canadian and has tips for the grocery store? Product ideas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Happy losing to you all!

SW: 157.4

CW: 138.8

GW: 127.4

I understand what you mean about us not having the snacks that the Americans have. I went to the States in May and spent $200 plus in snacks. It was kind of embarrassing bringing them in the house. Unfortunately for me, I am 3 hours away.

Elaine

P.S 3 pounds is amazing. I would think I died and went to heaven if I lost that much.

I keep these frozen in my freezer at all times. They are especially great if you don't have time for breakfast.

1 1/2 cup All Bran

2 TBSP vinegar

1 cup skim milk

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/4 cup white Splenda

1 tsp soda

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp cinnamon

3 egg whites

1 medium mashed banana

1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce

1/4 cup chocolate chips

l. mix all bran, vinegar & milk (let soak)

2. mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon

3. egg whites, mashed banana, apple sauce, choc chips

Stir liquid in all bran. Then add flour mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for approx 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

My husband doesn't like chocolate chips so I made them tonight with blueberries. Haven't tried any yet.

I keep these frozen in my freezer at all times. They are especially great if you don't have time for breakfast.

quote]

Hello, Thanks for sharing! How many points do you count each muffin?

Kim

Hi everyone!

Its been a while since I checked in but i've been pretty busy. I just got back 2 weeks ago from an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic and its been hard getting back on track and back to reality! I gained 5lbs while away for 5 days but I blame all that on the drinking:p. Wasn't a huge fan of the food there so I didn't eat to much just stuck to salads, fruit and little portions of whatever else they had. So starting on Tuesday I was back OP and so far so good. I've had to dip into my extras already but im ok with that as long as I get myself off the couch and exercising so I can earn some AP's. Hope everyone is having a great OP day and good luck to all at your weigh ins!!

Hi All! It's been a while since I've been on this board. I had a weigh-in two weeks ago, and I was so upset by the numbers. I had worked out very hard that week, but I gained water weight (as I do every month:rolleyes:). It showed up as 2.2 extra pounds on the scale!!! :eek:

So the following week I was a little discouraged. I know it was water weight, but seeing the actual number on the scale really psyched me out. The following week, I was away for a family reunion at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. We had ribs, french fries, etc- lots of amusement park food. I slipped with tracking, but points values, etc, were still on my mind when I ate. We also walked quite a bit, and it was nice to not be exhausted for the first time in years.

So this week, I went for my weigh-in and I was expecting to either be back to my weight 3 weeks ago, or the same as if I had kept the water weight on. I was shocked when I was down another 2 lbs! It looked as if I had lost 4 lbs in two weeks, but I explained to my counselor that the 2.2 lb weight gain was water weight.

So I'm pleasantly surprised! I'm recommiting to my goals, and won't do weigh-ins when I'm bloated, that tends to trip me up mentally! I'll just attend the meetings on those weeks.

Have a great weekend!

SW:190.8

CW:181.6

GW (for cruise): 175

I was told the muffins were one point but question it. I don't worry about it though because I don't use the spare points. I tried them with the blueberries and didn't like them as much. I like the sweetness of the chocolate chips ( I use milk chocolate, not semi-sweet)

I am down 2.2 lbs this week. :D Reached my 5%...

I actually think that I weighed less in the middle of the week but I bought a bag of baked Tostidos. I had 4pts of nachos last night for dinner and feel gross today. Too much salt.

I need to concentrate on staying OP this weekend with a couple of events planned. I am taking my own food to events; so, hopefully it goes OK.

SW: 210

CW: 197.6

Goal for 10-10-10: 180

Dream Goal for 10-10-10: 175 (Would LOVE to reach this)

Kim

30 days until my ship sails. I would like to feel better in my clothes so am aiming to lose 10 lbs. 15 would be better but I'm trying to be realistic.

I will try to lose 10 lbs with you in the next 30 days. That fits my long-term goal too.

Kim

OK, it sounds like we have a 30 Day Challenge! Lose 10 pounds in 30 Days

Anyone else joining in the challenge? We have:

MFJune

PamperedAshley

Vonchap

Runs July 10th-August 10th

Can I join in the 10pds in 30 days challenge?

I haven't checked in quite some time, and I apologize.

Work has been crazy, and I've fallen off the wagon completely.

I've canceled my monthly pass and am hoping I can do this on my own!

If I may join, do we weigh in tomorrow as our starting day?

Thanks!

Archived