~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

I will do the 30 day challange to lose 10 lbs as well. I gained 1 lb last week and gained 1.4 today. My cruise leaves in exactly 9 weeks so this will be great for me.

Elaine

P.S. I tried the green giant vegetables (garden vegetable medly) & it was great. I felt like I was eating a treat.

I have to change my dates a little. When I wrote the OP, my ship really was leaving in 30 days!

July 9 - 158.2

Aug 8 - 148.2

If you want to give me advice on what I'm doing right or wrong, please do.

If you just want to weigh in, ignore my blog.

For those of you on WW - I've done it twice with excellent and poor results.

1st time 20+ yrs ago after my son was born. It worked like a charm. I lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks. It was fun, almost like a game.

2nd time - 2 years ago. Not so good. I stuck to it and only lost 4 lbs in 10 weeks. They told me I was exercising too much. I would have been OK with it if I was turning fat into muscle but my clothes were still tight. They told me to start eating more. I decided I could do that without paying a weekly fee.

I'm not doing WW now. It can be a good plan for long term weight control but I've run out of time. I need to have looser clothing for Aug 8.

I believe the WW principles are sound, so don't quit because I did! When I begin loosing I'll write details about my plan. For now it is going to be low fat, high fibre, no sugar, moderate exercise.

Here's to Perseverance!

I want to be realistic with myself and this goal right up front. I don't know that I can lose 10 lbs in 30 days without crash dieting, which I don't do anymore - it comes back way too fast. However, I am still going to make it a goal to shoot for. I will be happy to lose ANYTHING at this point, and I think 7 or 8 lbs for myself will be reasonable with hard work without starving.

My recent downfall has been that I keep 'giving' myself more and more of the weekend to go off plan, and although I stay pretty well on track during the week, I end up breaking even. Given that I just had a 3-day weekend, its a good thing that I DID stay even.

So I'm starting the challenge today, my third week at the same weight.

July 10 - 161.6 lb

August 10 - 151.6 lb

Good luck to us all!

Weekends are always the hardest. I'm glad we began on a Saturday to get it out of the way.

Kim, how was the picnic? Can you share the Aisian Slaw recipe?

How are the rest of you doing?

I'm going out for Brunch this morning and will be ordering poached eggs (I really like poached eggs) and watching the World Cup Final this afternoon. I'm bringing popcorn (I hate popcorn) and diet soda. If we decide to have a meal after the game, it will be a large salad. It's always a treat when someone else makes it!

Yes! I was able to stay OP at the picnic. As it turned out, a lot of people brought veggies. It was at a winery and they sell lots of wine at these events. I didnt have any wine--just my Crytal Light lemonade.

I also walked a mile before we left and got up this morning and walked 3 miles. So, I am hoping to still be losing!

Asian Slaw (modified from a Hungry Girl recipe to be even lower in points)

1 bag of broccoli slaw mix (found in the produce department in a bag)

2 small cans of Mandrian oranges (wash off the sugar liquid)

1 can of water chestnuts cut into smaller pieces

Mix all together and then add Kraft Light Toasted Sesame dressing to taste.

2 points per cup

I doubled the batch and came home with none from the picnic. It was all eaten quickly

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am working all weekend but at least it keeps me OP. We are leaving tomorrow for a three day trip. I think that my cooler is goingto be bigger than my luggage.

Kim

Ashley,

Glad you lived to tell about it!

I ended up having fried potatoes with my poached eggs. They were real potatoes with the skins on and lightly grilled rather than deep fried so they weren't so damaging. For dessert it was strawberries.

We ended up watching the game at a sports bar. I've never experienced a room with so much energy. I'm sure I burned calories listening to the crowd. I had a light beer rather than the intended soda. Apparently they only have 100 calories. Afterwards it was home for bbq chicken.

Today it was back to the plan.

Keep posting.

Hi everyone,

I am out-of-town for a few days but still sticking strictly to being OP. I saw a lot of food yesterday that I wanted to eat but passed it up. I did have some sugar-free sorbet at Ben and Jerry's for 3 points and went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I had a bean taco with no cheese and put their famous cheese sauce on brocolli instead of nachos. (they actually had that on the menu)

This morning for breakfast, I am going to ask for egg beaters with veggies but no cheese.

Can you tell I am on a mission? I went shopping at a huge mall near DC yesterday and found some things in a smaller size on sale. Picked up some items for my 10-10-10 cruise. (that are a size smaller than I wear right now) I think I am going to graduate from Lane Bryant this Summer and enter some other stores in the mall. We live in a rural area without stores so it was a treat to shop in a store and not just on-line.

Have a good day!

Kim

I walked 1.5 hours this morning--which is a new record for me. I hope all this walking shows up at WI.

I missed Zumba class last night due to being out of town. :(

Have a good day,

Kim

PamperedAshley I have a new and YUMMY ice cream treat that I found the other day. They are called Breyers smooth and dreamy Chocolate caramel brownie and OMG they are to dye for!! I haven't tried any others but im dying to try the chocolate chip cookie dough sandwich, the best part there only 3pts!!!

So i weighed in this morning and FINALLY lost, down 2.5 which means hopefully that im back on the losing track. I went running on monday and did something to my calf because it's swollen and a little sore so im staying off it as much as possible so I can start exercising again ASAP!! Hope everyones having a good day!

I'm so glad I found this board! I'm a lifetime WW member and just started working for WW as a receptionist. I leave 3/19/2011 for my 8th cruise. I know I usually gain 4 lbs. on each one and would like to lose 10 lbs. before I go. I'll be checking back here periodically for all the good info you guys have. I must say, I've learned a lot while working for WW and they really do strive for member retention. I've met so many nice people, I love it.

By the way, we have to weigh in every month and need to be at or below goal to keep our job! I set my goal a little higher then I want to be to give me wiggle room.

Linda

I'm still on track. Am feeling full after a supper of roasted vegetables (mushrooms, leeks and peppers sprinkled with thyme and olive oil) and grilled haddock. That is my idea of YUMMY after 4 days of eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, low fat/high fibre granola, salad and chicken.

My orthotics arrived today. Hopefully I'll be out there walking like Kim by the end of next week.

Keep motivated.

Archived