~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

I know the brands are different but I'm surprised you are not finding variety. I guess it depends on where you are.

I've grocery shopped in several US cities and found that while there were more processed foods, the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, poultry and fish was not nearly as good as I'm used to. I've also noticed that stocked items can change from store to store.

I usually shop at Sobeys. The store closest to my home is small but has a great fresh fish counter, a butcher counter, a bakery that makes (too) good bread, a health food section. In addition to the fruits & veggies you'd expect, it stocks produce like beet greens, fiddleheads and local strawberries and blueberries in season. There are other stores seem to specialize in small portions or snack food.

M

P.S. How did you know I'm in Canada?

MFJune, Vancouver to Alaska is an AMAZING cruise. I did it from Alaska to Vancouver, but same diff. It is phenomenal! The port towns are small and good for a small walk around them if your feet aren't up for a TON of walking. Enjoy! You will love it. Take lots of pictures :)

I just returned from lunch out with my husband. I planned ahead by googling the restaurant. I didn't feel like a salad since it's my one "splurge" of the week, so I opted for the chicken souvlaki wrap. It was delicious and full of lettuce, tomatoes, onion and a few olives. Not as healthy as mixed greens, but not as bad as a hamburger and fries. I asked for the side salad with dressing on the side instead of french fries. I ate the side salad first to fill up, but ended up eating the entire wrap anyways. It was worth it, sooo good. And not too high in points. I wasn't planning on a drink, but I had a light beer. I didn't eat much this morning so I've just maxed out my daily points. If I get hungry this evening I'll have a 0 point Progresso soup or some lettuce with fat free italian dressing. I've been doing great with walking this week and want to see good results on the scale Tuesday.

I'm still struggling to get used to the Canadian grocery stores since there's not as much of a variety, but at least it's not tempting me to go over points. I just don't eat as creativly anymore. I'm trying to eat a LOT more fruit and veggies and it seems to be going well. I see more exciting salads in my future.

Good luck to you all for the rest of the weekend. Keep up the good work!

I didn't mention it yesterday but when I weighed myself in the morning I'd gained 1. Saturday is always the hardest day so this really bugged me. I guess this is why you are not supposed WI every day.

Good news is -1.8 today. It must have been fluid retention. Whatever, I like the positive reinforcement. Down 4.4 now.

I have a couple of pairs of pants that I need to take with me that are tight at the waist. I refuse to buy new. At least another 6.6 has to go!

I just purchased the WW food scale. I was not going to purchase one but now feel the need. We had steak on the grill last night. I had what I thought was a 3 oz piece for 7 points but wasnt really sure of the size. Then, I just had to have a small second piece...:( I estimated that as 3 ponts, blah-blah-blah. Its time to get the scale.

I usually dont put 10 points in a day to one food item but it was really good. I ate low or no point food all day yesterday to just have a small steak. Seems crazy but worth the effort. That is the joy of the WW diet!

Does anyone have the WW electronic scale? Do you like it?

Kim

MFJune, actually, I didn't know you were in Canada. I was simply stating that since I've moved back to Canada from the US, I'm still struggling with the lack of variety in the grocery store. That's funny that in the same post I was addressing you I mentioned Canadian stores. I was living in Los Angeles and could get everything and anything at the grocery store, now being back in Canada there's not as much of my favourite low point snacks... like the Skinny Cow Single Cup ice creams which are my FAVOURITE :mad: I've made a couple of trips across the border to buy food, like the Skinny Cow ice cream and will make another trip when I run low. We also don't have the WW ice creams and cheeses which sucks :( Another thing I REALLY miss is the fat free Pringles. They are 1 point per serving and they don't sell them in Canada. They're perfect for when I'm craving chips. We hardly have any "light" chips. Lays only sells their "light" brands in the US. Not nice to us Canadians!

Traveller155, were you asking me about the Greek Isles cruise? I didn't do a Greek Isles cruise, I did Eastern Mediterranean, so a bit different. It was round trip out of Rome. Our ports were Athens, Mykonos, Rhodes, Kusadasi(Turkey), Alexandria, Cyprus, and Naples. It was an unbelievable cruise. The highlight of course was the pyramids in Egypt. Athens is stunning! Mykonos was very beautiful too, a smaller port, good for walking around. Although the pyramids were the highlight, the best part by far was meeting my husband on the cruise :D hehe. My husband is Greek so I'm sure we'll be doing a Greek Isles cruise in the future. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time!

Well, tonight is Sunday steaks over at my parents house. They're very supportive with my weight loss so it's easy to eat dinner at their place. I usually bring over some of my own food if I need too, like the sandwich thins if they're making burgers (I even brought my own turkey patty lol). I also brought my food scale over. I worship my food scale. I use it for EVERY meal. I'm not even exaggerating, EVERY single meal. It has been a huge help with my weight loss. I don't bother with estimating, I always weigh my food. I know for some people that might not fit into their life style, but for me it works well. So VonChap, I recommend it, especially for meats like steak. I bought mine from Target because it was cheaper, but same thing.

Happy Sunday to you all!

ps - I made a recipe last week from the WW website. Quinoa and Spinach. It was AWESOME. I highly recommend it!

Well, tonight is Sunday steaks over at my parents house. They're very supportive with my weight loss so it's easy to eat dinner at their place. I usually bring over some of my own food if I need too, like the sandwich thins if they're making burgers (I even brought my own turkey patty lol). I also brought my food scale over. I worship my food scale. I use it for EVERY meal. I'm not even exaggerating, EVERY single meal. It has been a huge help with my weight loss. I don't bother with estimating, I always weigh my food. I know for some people that might not fit into their life style, but for me it works well. So VonChap, I recommend it, especially for meats like steak. I bought mine from Target because it was cheaper, but same thing.

Happy Sunday to you all!

ps - I made a recipe last week from the WW website. Quinoa and Spinach. It was AWESOME. I highly recommend it!

Thanks for posting about the food scale. I am looking forward to the arrival of mine.

Kim

Well, I did my challenge WI tonight and I am down 1 lb. I was wanting more put my activity points have been nonexistant. I will focus on that this week.

Thanks for the great review on the scale, Socialcruiser. I have been on the fence about purchasing it, but I think now is the time. I need to be more precise on my point values. Also, I didn't know the pringles were only 1 point! I really like the Light Lays, but the limited flavors gets kind of boring.

I did have a NSV yesterday! I went to buy my last formal dress for our cruise in November. I had planned to try on the size I am in now and then buy one size smaller for the cruise. I would like to be 2 more sizes smaller by then, but I figured I better play it safe and just have it altered if needed. Well, as soon as I walked into the store I saw the most beautiful eggplant colored dress, of course they didn't have it in my size. So I went with the size smaller and guess what- IT ZIPPED and looked fabulous. So, I ended up buying a dress for the cruise two sizes smaller than I am now and it only lacks a smidge from zipping. I could have done cartwheels!! I am loving buying smaller clothes :D!!

I did have a NSV yesterday! I went to buy my last formal dress for our cruise in November. I had planned to try on the size I am in now and then buy one size smaller for the cruise. I would like to be 2 more sizes smaller by then, but I figured I better play it safe and just have it altered if needed. Well, as soon as I walked into the store I saw the most beautiful eggplant colored dress, of course they didn't have it in my size. So I went with the size smaller and guess what- IT ZIPPED and looked fabulous. So, I ended up buying a dress for the cruise two sizes smaller than I am now and it only lacks a smidge from zipping. I could have done cartwheels!! I am loving buying smaller clothes :D!!

Yea! Congratulations! You need to post photos after the cruise.

Our next cruise is on NCL so no formal nights. I did buy a size smaller bathing suit over the weekend for the cruise. Lands End on-line is having a 60% off sale. I love their swim minis.

Kim

July 10 - 231.2

July 17 - 230.2 Down 1

Aug 10 - 221.2

Lost 1 lb; should have been more but went completely off the rails on Saturday at a party we drove 6 hours to attend. Had a few rum & diet cokes and non-dietetic snacks, chili, etc. Oh well - this week I am travellking on business, always a challenge but plan to hit the treadmill every night at the hotel.

Way to go Ashley! I'm the same when it comes to shopping, it feels SO good to try on the smaller size and have it FIT! And an eggplant dress? Sounds beautiful! My graduation dress was that colour and I absolutely loved it! I bet you'll look gorgeous.

Tomorrow is weigh in for me. I'm really hoping to be down since last week I was up .4. Of course +.4 isn't much, I'd still like to see a loss. I got out for lots of walks this week. I think I pulled a muscle in my foot because it's been really sore and I'm limping around. I went on the treadmill this morning for 30mins and aggravated it again :( which means I probably shouldn't go for a walk tomorrow. I always try to get some activity points in on weigh in day, but I might not this week. Ohhh well.

Take care everyone and hope you all have a great week!!!

Hi all,

It has been awhile, but I wanted to let you know my good news! At WI on Saturday, I reached 40 pounds! YIPPEE!!!! I am SO excited and can't wait for the next 18.2 pounds!

SW 223.4

CW 183.2

GW 165 (I think)

CONGRATULATIONS! That great news! I can not wait to get to that point in my journey.

Oh No! My scale has died. :mad: I have tried everything this morning, including replacing the batteries. No scale...

I will have to find a new scale for Friday WI. Since I do WW on-line, I depend on that scale. (I have this fear that another scale will not weigh-in at the same weight)

Any suggestions on good scales?

Kim

Ok, so I've been craving red velvet cupcakes for the past two weeks. Normally, when I crave something bad for me, I'll resist it and the craving goes away after a couple days. But this hankering for red velvet has been persistent. That's what I get for watching Bethenny Getting Married- it was her wedding cake flavor and she talked about it every single day!! So I knew that if I didn't do something soon, I would gorge on 3 cupcakes from a local bakery in short order.

So anyway, I did some research and discovered that ONE Red Velvet cupcake costs 12 points!! I searched for an alternative, and I found Hungry Girl's red velvet cupcake recipe.

I made these last night. They were very easy to make, and if you purchase the ingredients, you have enough to make 24. The actual recipe itself makes 12.

They turned out to be soooooo gooooood. And at 3 points each, I could indulge without ruining my hard work. As soon as I ate one, my craving was satisfied. My husband is very picky about baked goods (especially since my mother is very well-known in the community for her baking), and he really liked them. Couldn't tell the difference between the lighter version and 12 point cupcakes. I think I'll bring these to parties with me, so I can treat everyone and stay on track without standing out like a sore thumb ;).

Give these a try. Enjoy!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1313

OH YUM.... I need to make these!

I have started a binder of tips and recipes that I have found for the WW diet. Last night, I found a recipe for a 2 point carrot cake cupcake. I am going to make them this week. If they turn out, I will post the recipe. I found it in a fitness magazine and calculated that they are 2 points.

I also found this web site: LindasDietDelites It is a mail-order company that has points listed on its products.

Have a great day!

Kim

Faith413: I see that you are going on Serenade of the Seas. I took my Mom on her first cruise on the Serenade out of San Juan this past April. We had a great time. Which route are you going on?

(We were booked on a European cruise and missed the ship due to the Ash Cloud flight delays in April. My TA called RCI and they said to head to San Juan. We had a blast on this "surprise cruise". Although, we spent two days rushing around San Juan looking for hot weather clothes instead of the Spring Europe clothes that we had in our luggage. I spent all week in a bunch of Barcardi t-shirts. :)) We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan, right on the water. We enjoyed riding the free old town trolly. We did our own "tour" of the Barcadi factory by taking the ferry and a taxi. I think we spent $10 each for the experience. The Majitos at the outdoor bar at Bacardi were awesome.

NOT Weight Watchers Tips: Sign up for the Italian Cooking Class that includes lunch in the Italian restaurant and sign up for the galley tour that includes brunch in the steak restaurant. Both worth every penny and a great deal. We enjoyed both--especially the galley tour and brunch. (This cruise was before starting WW)

Take care,

Kim

Faith413: I see that you are going on Serenade of the Seas. I took my Mom on her first cruise on the Serenade out of San Juan this past April. We had a great time. Which route are you going on?

(We were booked on a European cruise and missed the ship due to the Ash Cloud flight delays in April. My TA called RCI and they said to head to San Juan. We had a blast on this "surprise cruise". Although, we spent two days rushing around San Juan looking for hot weather clothes instead of the Spring Europe clothes that we had in our luggage. I spent all week in a bunch of Barcardi t-shirts. :)) We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan, right on the water. We enjoyed riding the free old town trolly. We did our own "tour" of the Barcadi factory by taking the ferry and a taxi. I think we spent $10 each for the experience. The Majitos at the outdoor bar at Bacardi were awesome.

NOT Weight Watchers Tips: Sign up for the Italian Cooking Class that includes lunch in the Italian restaurant and sign up for the galley tour that includes brunch in the steak restaurant. Both worth every penny and a great deal. We enjoyed both--especially the galley tour and brunch. (This cruise was before starting WW)

Take care,

Kim

That's a fun story!!! Glad you were able to make the best of the experience. This is our first time on the Serenade. We sailed the Adventure of the Seas last year, same route. We're seeing Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, and St. Croix. We're staying at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan two nights before the cruise. We just love Old San Juan.

I heard about the galley tour, but not about the Italian cooking class. That's right up my alley! My Mom, friend, and I love to cook so that should be interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

Hi all! Just got back from my meeting. I lost 1.4 lbs this week :D My walks paid off! Since I gained .4 the other week, I'm looking at it as an even 1 lb loss. 10 lbs to go until I've reached my goal! I'm happy :) Our challenge for this week is "try something new" (fruit or veggie). I'm looking forward to searching WW recipes and the produce section at the grocery store! I will let you all know if I make a new recipe.

Happy losing!

SW: 157.4

CW: 137.8

GW: 127.4

Hi all! Just got back from my meeting. I lost 1.4 lbs this week :D My walks paid off! Since I gained .4 the other week, I'm looking at it as an even 1 lb loss. 10 lbs to go until I've reached my goal! I'm happy :) Our challenge for this week is "try something new" (fruit or veggie). I'm looking forward to searching WW recipes and the produce section at the grocery store! I will let you all know if I make a new recipe.

Happy losing!

SW: 157.4

CW: 137.8

GW: 127.4

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope I hit 1.4 this week. For some reason, I am just not feeling "thinner" this week. Plus, I had to buy a new scale. I am worried that it is going to say that I actually weighed even more than I thought.

My new bathing suit just arrived from Lands End. AND it fits today! I thought that I was buying a size to fit in October but it fits now. I am thrilled. :D But I probably need to find something that will fit in 80 days too. More sales shopping!

Kim

I've been gone awhile from reading and posting - always fun to read the ones I missed.

Congrats to all who have been doing so good. Fitting into smaller clothes is so inspiring and makes you want to keep it up.

I was out of town for a week and missed my weigh-in last week and today I had my first gain since I joined the beginning of April. I gained .8 - I was hoping to stay the same but I guess it could have been worse. I had things that I hadn't had since I joined so I guess it was to be expected. I'm back on track now but leaving again on Friday so who knows what will happen now.

Frances

I'm glad to read the reports of weight lost, new outfits and yummie recipes. I'm frustrated with myself though. I gained more weight for no reason I can think of.

On Sunday I ate ice cream but otherwise have been very good. I haven't been starving or feeling really full. I have been drinking at least 64 ounces a day.

When I went to WW a few years ago they told me I was exercising too much. That's definitely not the case now. I am either swimming for 20 min or walking for 30 - 60 min a day.

I've been through this dozens of times before. A great 1st week and then plateau or creep back. Any suggestions?

Wow, everyone is doing great! Keep up the great work!

I on the other hand is in the week that most women dread, I shouldnt have weighed myself but did and it had me in the + NOT in the -....

Ive also been suffering from nasty migaines. 3 in 4 days. I am off to the dr tomorrow. If its okay, I will weigh in next week when AF is gone, and hopefully Ive lost something...

Keep up the great work everyone!

Archived