~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Congratulations Faith! That is great. What did you think of Zumba? I am getting ready to do the Zumba 10 Day Challenge.

Thanks for posting. You have inspired me to bring size 14 clothes out of my storage closet and see if they fit. I was planning on taking some of those items to my 10-10 cruise. I am wondering if any of them fit now! That would be wild if I can wear some of them now. What would I take on my cruise?....new clothes! I have not been a size 12 in 10+ years.

Some friends and I are having a huge yard sale in August. I am planning on using the money for my vacation savings account. I may need to buy some clothes!

Kim

Thank you Kim and Frances! It does feel wonderful to be in a new size. I got some new capris about 4 weeks ago and now they're falling so low that I really need a belt to keep them up. It's a good problem! I'll take that any day :).

Zumba class is so much fun! You will become a lot more confident in your own skin after that workout, believe me! I was so sore the next day in my hips and upper arms, can't wait to see the results of being in that class over time.

I actually took out some of my bathing suits 2 months ago to try on and be honest with myself about how I looked in them...even some bikinis:eek:! I tried them on and noticed that I really wasn't that far away from being able to wear them confidently. I try them on every few weeks so I can keep on track. I'm almost there...5 weeks to go so we'll see which ones I'll pack! :)

I went running with my doggie this morning to start the day off right. Went to a BBQ today...my family is from the South so if any of you can identify, the day was full of absolutely delicious MEATS and DESSERTS! I got a taste of everything and didn't pig out as I used to. I was proud of myself- my Dad noticed that I didn't eat as much as I normally do. He actually asked me if something was wrong, LOL!!

Have a great weekend!

it's not exactly soup weather but these look good. There are (4) 0 pt and (1) 1 pt recipes.

http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/2006/01/day-285-weight-watchers-zero-points.html

Thanks! I printed these out and put them in a binder that I recently started.

I like the Progresso South West Veggie soup too. It is 0 points and has some spice.

I am looking for any veggie recipes that you may have! Please post!

Kim

Hi everyone, I hope you had a good weekend.

One of my friends, who is an avid baker, brought me a batch of gluten free scones. She has perfected the recipe and brought us a bunch of blackberry scones. Rice flour is high in calories plus I am sure that there is a lot of butter and sugar in each one. I ate two...:mad: That was 15 points of scones in two days. The rest of the scones went into the freezer this morning.

At least I counted the points at 7.5 each scone. That really impacted what I was able to eat for the rest of the day. Veggie only dinners on both days.

Anyway...lesson leared over the weekend...

Ouch. KUDOS to you for tracking the points!!!! Great job!

Hi everyone, I hope you had a good weekend.

One of my friends, who is an avid baker, brought me a batch of gluten free scones. She has perfected the recipe and brought us a bunch of blackberry scones. Rice flour is high in calories plus I am sure that there is a lot of butter and sugar in each one. I ate two...:mad: That was 15 points of scones in two days. The rest of the scones went into the freezer this morning.

At least I counted the points at 7.5 each scone. That really impacted what I was able to eat for the rest of the day. Veggie only dinners on both days.

Anyway...lesson leared over the weekend...

I often will steam extra vegetables and put them in the canned soups. Great way to get extra volume.

Thanks! I printed these out and put them in a binder that I recently started.

I like the Progresso South West Veggie soup too. It is 0 points and has some spice.

I am looking for any veggie recipes that you may have! Please post!

Kim

I often will steam extra vegetables and put them in the canned soups. Great way to get extra volume.

That's a great idea that I will have to try. I have found with the Progresso 0 point soups that I always finish the veggies and have a lot of broth left over.

Thanks!

I am doing the Zumba 10 day challenge along with my regular walking. Its tough! I hope is shows up at WI! (the 10 day challenge is in the box when you order the Zumba fitness box) I have not been weighing mid-week. I just keep saying, "this has got to be working".

Anyone else try the 10 day Zumba challenge?

K

Well Ladies....I got a new piece of bling at the meeting tonight! :D My 10% keychain!!! I am so pumped, I have never made it to this point in all my other attempts at weight watchers. To cap it all off I had an unbelievable weight loss this week down 6.2. I was up last week, so I really focused on cutting down on sodium this week and I spent a lot of time working out. I really plan to continue this pattern!!!

Well Ladies....I got a new piece of bling at the meeting tonight! :D My 10% keychain!!! I am so pumped, I have never made it to this point in all my other attempts at weight watchers. To cap it all off I had an unbelievable weight loss this week down 6.2. I was up last week, so I really focused on cutting down on sodium this week and I spent a lot of time working out. I really plan to continue this pattern!!!

Congrats! What an inspirational result.

CONGRATULATIONS! Both are wonderful victories.

One of the negatives of doing WW on-line is no stars, no bling, etc. A little box just pops up and says "Congratulations, you hit your 5%" I need to find something to buy when I hit my 10% to celebrate and as a reminder.

Kim- you definitely need to get yourself something. I would pick something like a keychain or maybe a small piece of jewelry that you would have near you a lot. My leader recommended using the keychain as a reminder of how far I have come and what it has taken to get to this point and already today I used that thought to help me make it through a lunch food choice. I grabbed watermelon to go with my lean cuisine instead of ditching the meal idea and hitting the drive thru on my break. How's the Zumba challenge going today?

Kim- you definitely need to get yourself something. I would pick something like a keychain or maybe a small piece of jewelry that you would have near you a lot. My leader recommended using the keychain as a reminder of how far I have come and what it has taken to get to this point and already today I used that thought to help me make it through a lunch food choice. I grabbed watermelon to go with my lean cuisine instead of ditching the meal idea and hitting the drive thru on my break. How's the Zumba challenge going today?

Zumba is tough, but I am doing it. I am doing 45 minutes of Zumba and then walking for 20 minutes to cool down. I dont know if the scale will show a loss but I wore a pair of jeans today that I have not worn in 5 years. Unfortunately, I have not been measuring inches. I think I am losing more inches than pounds this week.

I agree, I need to get myself something when I hit the 10% mark. Maybe a charm for bracelet or something. Its a shame that you can not pay a little extra when you hit the 10% and have WW send you the same rewards.

I went to a thrift store last night and bought some shorts in size 14 and 12. I am into the size 14 and may be able to wear the 12s on the cruise in October. I didnt want to spend a lot of money because I hope not to be wearing them very long!:)

So....good-by size 16 shorts this week!:D

Today, I grilled eggplant, squash and peppers and then added them to the Progresso South West Soup. It was excellent. Probably my new favorite soup. I took it to work for lunch and everyone was asking for the receipe. (I sprayed the veggies with Pam Olive Oil spray before I put them on the grill)

Kim

Today is weigh-in day. I am down 2.2 this week. I am thrilled because I ate some bad things this week. I stuck to my daily points but a lot of those points were scones and salty foods. This includes some ranch flavored rice cakes late last night. Very salty!

The Zumba 10 day challenge is going well but I am so glad that today is a "rest day" in the plan. I need an off day. I am wearing pants this week that I have not worn in more than 5 years but the 10 day challenge is a tough one! Probably why I am craving salty foods.

SW: 210

CW: 191

Goal for 10-10-10 Cruise: 175

Dream Goal for 10-10: 170

I just lowered my weight goals from 180 by 10-10 to 175 by 10-10. We shall see....

Have a great weekend!

Kim

To all the cruise-loving WeightWatchers members out there, please join us on this thread to support eachother and discuss our progress, insights, tips, frustrations and successes on our weight loss journeys.

This is a continuation of the prior thread titled “waitwatcher”.

If you care to share your stats, on your normal weekly weigh-in day post your stats as follows:

SW: (starting weight)

CW: (current weight

GW: (goal weight)

Just started I'm in my 2nd week. As you can see I'm making progress already. My goal is to lose between 16 and 20 lbs by the time I cruise in November. Thanks for starting thus support thread.

Sw 207

Cw 204

Gw 145

Just started I'm in my 2nd week. As you can see I'm making progress already. My goal is to lose between 16 and 20 lbs by the time I cruise in November. Thanks for starting thus support thread.

Sw 207

Cw 204

Gw 145

Welcome!

I love WW. I have done the program a few times over the years but it is really clicking for me this time. I think that you will have no problem losing 20 pounds before the Epic!

PS: I cant wait to hear what you think of the Epic!

Kim

I'm beginning to think my scales have a mind of their own. When I stood on them this morning I saw a - 4.8 and knew it couldn't be right. I have wanted to get below 150 for so long, it was too good to be true. I stood back on to verify and went back to last week's weight, which was the same as the week before.

Tomorrow I begin trying on clothes. That will be the true test.

SW 158.2

CW 154.6

GW 148.2

Congratulations to those of you who are making progress. Please keep posting. It helps.

I'm beginning to think my scales have a mind of their own. When I stood on them this morning I saw a - 4.8 and knew it couldn't be right. I have wanted to get below 150 for so long, it was too good to be true. I stood back on to verify and went back to last week's weight, which was the same as the week before.

Tomorrow I begin trying on clothes. That will be the true test.

SW 158.2

CW 154.6

GW 148.2

Congratulations to those of you who are making progress. Please keep posting. It helps.

I had to replace my scales last week. Mine started acting just like yours right before that just stopped working. Mine were electronic scales and just refused to come on one morning. Someone told me to replace the batteries when the scale started acting weird, but that didnt help. Then, it died. Maybe something is wrong with your scales.

But you are absolutely right. The only thing that really matters is how your clothes fit. I have a shirt on today that I could not button last week--and the scale shows that I didnt lose that much weight since last week.

I wish our cruise was just in a few days! I am jealous!

Have a great weekend,

Kim

Welcome!

I love WW. I have done the program a few times over the years but it is really clicking for me this time. I think that you will have no problem losing 20 pounds before the Epic!

PS: I cant wait to hear what you think of the Epic!

Kim

Thx for the encouraging words 

Hello all. Tomorrow is my first WI from being back on WW again. I have 2 food bombs to face today...both lunch and dinner out. Planning ahead for what I will order.

Have a great day all! BTW, my goal is 40 lbs by 1-14-11 cruise. I think it's doable if I do not let the holidays get in my way. FOCUS on the goal!

Less weight=more energy for enjoying the cruise:)

Just started reading here on Cruise Critic want to plan a cruise for next year Fall.

I need to lose some weight and have been thinking about WWatchers. I did it years ago, but dropped out because the Meeting leaders were plain old boring.

Is it hard to count those "Points" I read about??

MFJune.....

it's not exactly soup weather but these look good. There are (4) 0 pt and (1) 1 pt recipes.

http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure....ro-points.html

I went to this site and is this still a active site? I don't see any comments posted lately?

Am I looking at the wrong area?

There are nice recipes though.

Thanks for any help in my quest to lose some pounds.

Just started reading here on Cruise Critic want to plan a cruise for next year Fall.

I need to lose some weight and have been thinking about WWatchers. I did it years ago, but dropped out because the Meeting leaders were plain old boring.

Is it hard to count those "Points" I read about??

Points are not difficult especially if you do the online tracking. Check out the WW website. DH and I are doing the online WW...no meetings. Some great supports in the community session such as message boards like these.

Archived