~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Kim,

Actually, I should ask where you live, US or Canada. I live in Canada now, but was living in Los Angeles before. I liked New York & Co., but their locations can be limited. They have GREAT sales and cheap clothes. Old Navy is always really cheap, but the quality goes with the price :( Kohl's is a cheap department store with a lot of good sales. I just got a casual top and a work dress for $30! I hope my suggestions help you out.

Thanks! I live in rural Virginia and have been ordering clothes on-line for years. There is a Kohl's about 40 minutes away and I am going to give it a try.

A few weeks ago, I went to Washington DC for a few days while my husband was working in his DC office. I went to one of the mega-malls. I have been away from DC for almost 5 years and was almost overwhelmed with the choices at the mall. I have been shopping in plus size stores for almost 20 years. (have not been smaller than a size 14/16 in 20 years) I just couldnt figure out what store to go into. I felt like everything was either too young looking for me or way too old looking. I am in my early 40's.

What a weird feeling. You are so right, the non-plus size clothes are completely different in style, fabrics and everything. I need to get out of the mind-set of the "Big Shirt".

Keep the feedback and ideas coming!

Kim

Hi Everyone,

Had my weigh-in today. I was curious to see the results, since I was away on business all last week. We went to a convention in Washington, DC. The hotel had a gym, but I only went there once. We spent one day walking around DC (4 full hours of walking!!) and I made sure to walk and take the stairs as much as I could. I ate what I wanted, but in moderation. I didn't really track my points, I wanted to see how I would do without it.

I'm so excited that I lost 2 lbs over the past 2 weeks! I'm feeling more confident about the food choices I'm making. Our cruise is in 3 weeks, so I have 3 weeks to lose 2.4 pounds- it's ON! :cool:

SW:190.8

CW:177.4

GW (cruise): 175

GW: 145

Hi Everyone,

Had my weigh-in today. I was curious to see the results, since I was away on business all last week. We went to a convention in Washington, DC. The hotel had a gym, but I only went there once. We spent one day walking around DC (4 full hours of walking!!) and I made sure to walk and take the stairs as much as I could. I ate what I wanted, but in moderation. I didn't really track my points, I wanted to see how I would do without it.

I'm so excited that I lost 2 lbs over the past 2 weeks! I'm feeling more confident about the food choices I'm making. Our cruise is in 3 weeks, so I have 3 weeks to lose 2.4 pounds- it's ON! :cool:

Thats great news! I have a trip coming up in two weeks and I am nervous about how I will do. Sounds like you did great.

Your cruise is only 3 weeks away! Mine is 9 weeks...but who is counting!

Kim

Tomorrow is my official weigh-in but I went to the doctor today. In her office, I weighed 188! Yea! I will take that...out of the 190's. We will see what my scale says in the morning though.

In June 09, this same doctor told me to lose weight. I asked her not to tell me my weight that day and promised to "work on it". I casually worked on it until joining WW. She told me today, that I have lost 38 pounds since my appointment in June 09. :eek: I had no idea how much I weighed last year. It is probably good that she didnt tell me.

Of course, all photos from last year were immediately censored after our cruise in June. ;) So, I dont have any photos of myself.

Still on the blood pressure meds though. She said that I can probably go off of those in about 15 more pounds. My blood pressure was much lower though.

So, that's my update of the day.

Have a great day!

Kim

My weigh in is today and I lost 1.6 since last week. That's .4 away from my 10%. I hope to see that next week.

I am adding new food to my list of WW meals this weekend. One dish is a Caribbean chicken with a pineapple sauce. If its good, I will post the recipe. I found this one in Clean Eating Magazine.

If anyone has any foods that they have found or recipes, please post.

Have a great weekend

SW: 210

CW. 189.4

Cruise Goal: 175 (10-10-10)

Weight Goal: 150

Hi Everyone,

Well Done

My weigh in is today and I lost 1.6 since last week. That's .4 away from my 10%. I hope to see that next week.

I am adding new food to my list of WW meals this weekend. One dish is a Caribbean chicken with a pineapple sauce. If its good, I will post the recipe. I found this one in Clean Eating Magazine.

Have a great weekend

CW. 189.4

Well Done

We're at the airport. Leaving for Vancouver in 30 min.

I haven't lost the 10 lb (yet) but am wearing the dreaded blue jeans. They feel pretty good so I must have converted some of the remaining lbs into muscle. Remember it takes 7 lbs of muscle to fill the same space as 1 lb of fat. Once you build the muscle it burns calories much faster than fat tissue does.

I'll try to do the 30 day weigh in on Sunday.

Will think of you all when I say "no thank you" to a 2nd dessert.

We're at the airport. Leaving for Vancouver in 30 min.

I haven't lost the 10 lb (yet) but am wearing the dreaded blue jeans. They feel pretty good so I must have converted some of the remaining lbs into muscle. Remember it takes 7 lbs of muscle to fill the same space as 1 lb of fat. Once you build the muscle it burns calories much faster than fat tissue does.

I'll try to do the 30 day weigh in on Sunday.

Will think of you all when I say "no thank you" to a 2nd dessert.

Have Fun! Take lots of photos to share.

We will be here when you get back!

Kim

Have a great weekend

CW. 189.4

Great job!! Cheering for you to reach your 10%, you can do it!

Please post the chicken recipe if you like it, that sounds so goooood. :)

i have now completed my 3rd week of weight watchers. im so excited. i have now lost a total of 7 lbs. and some inches here and there. this program really does work. i started out at 207 now 200 on a short frame of 5'2. i was 218 at my heaviest. i have not been less than 200 lbs in 2 years. people are already starting to notice the difference. my jeans are already starting to feel looser. this is awesome i will not give up. i cruise in nov. looking at losing another 20-30 by then.

Points are not difficult especially if you do the online tracking. Check out the WW website. DH and I are doing the online WW...no meetings. Some great supports in the community session such as message boards like these.

thats what im doing the online ww. i use the ww app on my iphone. so when im out and on the go like at work shopping, etc. i can count each and every thing i eat and drink i do not have time for meetings. busy lifestyle. but it is working for me. down 7 lbs in 3 weeks.

i have now completed my 3rd week of weight watchers. im so excited. i have now lost a total of 7 lbs. and some inches here and there. this program really does work. i started out at 207 now 200 on a short frame of 5'2. i was 218 at my heaviest. i have not been less than 200 lbs in 2 years. people are already starting to notice the difference. my jeans are already starting to feel looser. this is awesome i will not give up. i cruise in nov. looking at losing another 20-30 by then.

Congratulations!

We are a lot alike. I am around 5'2 and was at 210 to start WW. (heavier than that before doing a "casual" diet on my own before WW.) I had not been below 200 in at least 5 years and had been "plus size" for about 20 years.

On past diets, I had been a Couch Dieter--diet food and points but sitting on the couch. This time, I added in exercise and WOW...what a difference. I do about 15 APs a week now and the weight is just melting off.

Our cruise is on 10-10-10. So, lets lose some weight together.

Kim

Hi All.

After 4 weeks, I only down 1.6 total. (better than being up). 5 weeks from today, I will be on the cruise. I am really trying to exercise now. If I could take off 5 lbs before then, I would be ecstatic.

Height - 5'2"

SW - 152.6

CW - 137.4

GW - 127.6

Congratulations!

We are a lot alike. I am around 5'2 and was at 210 to start WW. (heavier than that before doing a "casual" diet on my own before WW.) I had not been below 200 in at least 5 years and had been "plus size" for about 20 years.

On past diets, I had been a Couch Dieter--diet food and points but sitting on the couch. This time, I added in exercise and WOW...what a difference. I do about 15 APs a week now and the weight is just melting off.

Our cruise is on 10-10-10. So, lets lose some weight together.

Kim

I'm with you. So excited. 

Well, only 2 more days till the 30 day challenge is up, I didn't quite get there, but I did get within 2.8. Don't know if I'll get to my 10/10 goal, but I'm not giving up!

Challenge WI:

July 10 - 231.2

Aug 8 - 224 - down 3 from last week

Aug 10 goal 221.2

SW 239 (6/1/10)

CW 224 *8/8/10)

GW1 200 (10/10)

GW2 150 (5/11)

This coming saturday I have a real food challenge - a dinner planned months ago with friends, at a Brazilian steakhouse. If you haven't eaten at one of those, picture non-stop, all you can eat meat, usually 15 or more varieties of beef, lamb, sausage, pork, chicken etc. Ay, yi, yi!!! If anyone has tips for a strategy to not completely sabotage my progress, I'm all ears!

30 DAY CHALLENGE:

Final WI Today: 188

Weight Lost: 9.6 in 30 days

Sooooo close! I actually hit the 10 pounds over the weekend and then went out to eat both on Saturday night and Sunday...and ate some frozen custard (not even yogurt but custard :mad: ) I am working on taking off that damage before my real WI on Friday. I stuck to my daily points over the weekend but will say that a lot of the points were "bad calories"--then I had to eat salad and zero point soup for the rest of the day.

SW: 210 May 28th 2010

CW: 188

GW by 10-10-10: 175 (13 more pounds)

Dream Goal by 10-10-10: 170

Well, only 2 more days till the 30 day challenge is up, I didn't quite get there, but I did get within 2.8. Don't know if I'll get to my 10/10 goal, but I'm not giving up!

Challenge WI:

July 10 - 231.2

Aug 8 - 224 - down 3 from last week

Aug 10 goal 221.2

SW 239 (6/1/10)

CW 224 *8/8/10)

GW1 200 (10/10)

GW2 150 (5/11)

This coming saturday I have a real food challenge - a dinner planned months ago with friends, at a Brazilian steakhouse. If you haven't eaten at one of those, picture non-stop, all you can eat meat, usually 15 or more varieties of beef, lamb, sausage, pork, chicken etc. Ay, yi, yi!!! If anyone has tips for a strategy to not completely sabotage my progress, I'm all ears!

Does the Brazilian steakhouse that you are visiting have one of those huge salad bars that some of them boast? I have started putting some of that spray salad dressing in a bag in my purse. No one really notices. I went to those a few years ago and just picked my two favorite meats and passed on all the others and ate a huge low-point salad.

Last weekend, I knew that we were going to a Mexican restaurant for dinner that also serves a lot of grilled meats plus all the Mexican extras. A lot of people will not agree with my solution but I just had a protein shake for breakfast, salad and zero point soup for lunch and then ate the bulk of my points for dinner. Really had fun at dinner with my family. (I opened a can of the Southwest veggie soup by Progresso, added my own veggies and ate it by the cup all afternoon)

Have fun at the restaurant and then hit it hard the next day.

Your 10-10-10 weight loss buddy,

Kim

Yes, Kim - the Brazilian steakhouse will have a huge salad bar, which will be part of my strategy. Then to try to stick to chicken & the leaner meats (they usually have pork tenderloin and filet mignon) - will definitely keep away from things like sausages <g>. Fortunately I'm not much of a drinker, can take it or leave it, so I'll probaby leave it, or have just one low point drink like rum & diet coke.

My plan would be much like yours - zero point meals for breakfast & lunch; that's pretty much what I do on a daily basis anyway - I try to keep breakfast & lunch under 6 or 7 points, then use the rest at dinner & for a snack. Salad dressing in the purse is something I also do, although I do a tiny tupperware full of balsamic vinegar.

My last strategy will be to record my weight on Saturday morning before my night out (I usually do a Sunday morning weigh in) - then I can wait a whole week to see if I gained or lost, and keep strictly OP so it will be a loss - or at least a break even.

My last strategy will be to record my weight on Saturday morning before my night out (I usually do a Sunday morning weigh in) - then I can wait a whole week to see if I gained or lost, and keep strictly OP so it will be a loss - or at least a break even.

I like your idea of weighing on Saturday instead of Sunday. I am going to use that idea. I read on a WW blog that some people do not weigh for two weeks after vacation, and they stick to only daily points for those two weeks. I may do that after our 10-10 cruise.

I am interested to see how my WI goes this Friday. I had that family celebration at the Mexican restaurant last weekend and the frozen custard. To be honest, the frozen custard was great but it really wasnt that much better than a 1 point Skinny Cow Bar. It wasnt worth the double-digit points!

It has been so hot here this week that I just dont want to exercise that much. So, we shall see what Friday morning holds...

Hi All,

Weigh in went far better than I thought last night. I had a bottle and a bit of wine on Saturday and then threw a housewarming party Sunday where I didn't go crazy, but I ate some crackers and dip, etc. Nothing like I would have done in the past, but I didn't track what I ate. That's unusual for me. Anyways, I was down 1.4 lbs last night! Such a pleasant surprise :D I'm considering changing my goal weigh to an even 125. I made it 127.4 because that's exactly a 30 lb loss. I never ever thought I could weigh 125 but now I'm thinking it's possible. I think my team leader would be happier if my goal was an easier number haha. She gave me a hard time when I told her it was 127.4.

Take care everyone!

SW - 157.4

CW - 136

GW - 127.4

Socalcruiser 23

We are so close to the same weight. We should try to compete with each other for encouragement. I had set my GW for a 25 lb lost but 125 might be better. My weigh ins are Friday morning. (which would be exactly 4 weeks till the next cruise)

Elaine

Socalcruiser 23

We are so close to the same weight. We should try to compete with each other for encouragement. I had set my GW for a 25 lb lost but 125 might be better. My weigh ins are Friday morning. (which would be exactly 4 weeks till the next cruise)

Elaine

Elaine,

A couple months ago I would've definitely said yes, but now that I'm so close to goal I don't know if I'm up for a competition. Even though I can't wait to reach goal, I'm ok reaching it slowly at this point. Good luck with your weight loss. I will keep posting my stats on here so we can keep tabs on each other :D Take care!

Archived