~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

I haven't posted in a while. I basically stopped tracking over the holidays. I was doing well maintaining my weight... but this week it seems as the holiday treats have finally caught up with me :( I have no one but myself to blame. Fortunately, I'm lifetime and have until the end of the month to weigh in within 2 lbs of my goal. Right now I'm about 4 lbs over goal, which means I need to drop 2 lbs. Much easier said than done since I'm used to indulging in treats lately. Yesterday and today I've tracked and stayed within my daily points. I don't think I'm going to use my weekly points this week. Such a bad feeling to have gained after reaching lifetime. Time to really focus again! I'm a bridesmaid and going to Mexico in the summer. I need to maintain my goal for that no matter what! I am so looking forward to hanging out in a bikini on the beach and feeling GOOD about myself!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Years and did much better than me with the plan. Congrats to those of you who maintained and even LOST over the holidays. Such an accomplishment. Way to go :D:D

Ok... off for a 1 hr walk in the snow! Brrrr!

Hi Everyone,

I hope everybody is having a good week, i went to my meeting on Tuesday and was down 2.4 I was happy with that.:)

The plan seems to be working OK for me so far. Im trying to stay focused and remind myself that this weight didnt come on fast so its not going to come off fast.

Best wishes to you all.

Hi all,

I went to the meeting today and I was down 1.4lb. Very happy with that but last week they had me the same on their scale while I was down a pound on my scale so I am not sure that I truly lost that much weight in a week. But hey, who am I to argue? I stayed for the meeting but noticed that the lady spent about 1/2 the meeting talking about "food finds" and they were all from either Trader Joe's or Costco. I almost felt like raising my hand and asking if they could just suggest some that I can find in our regular grocery stores because I have neither of those anywhere near me and I work full time so a Costco run is just out for me without taking 1/2 a day off.

Sigh. I wonder if they get a kickback from these companies. This happens at every meeting.... I may just mention it next time before the meeting. In any case, we talked about tracking this meeting, which is good for me because I really need to track to stay on target.

I ended up hardly touching my weekly points, which is why I think I am actually losing now. But I do eat lots of fruits and veggies throughout the day.

Katherine

I wanted to share a treat that I was told about at my last WW meeting. If you like sweets, maybe you will like this.

Slice one Banana, drizzle with a small amount of Sweet N Low Chocolate Flavored Syrup then drop some Fat Free Cool Whip over top.

To me its kind of like a Banana Split without the ice cream, well maybe not quite ;) But it does take care of my sweet tooth.

The Banana is a free food and the Sweet N Low Syrup & the FF Cool Whip adds up to zero points.

I wanted to share a treat that I was told about at my last WW meeting. If you like sweets, maybe you will like this.

Slice one Banana, drizzle with a small amount of Sweet N Low Chocolate Flavored Syrup then drop some Fat Free Cool Whip over top.

To me its kind of like a Banana Split without the ice cream, well maybe not quite ;) But it does take care of my sweet tooth.

The Banana is a free food and the Sweet N Low Syrup & the FF Cool Whip adds up to zero points.

Ooooooohhh! Thanks. My chocoholic taste buds are dancing at the thought. I have Hershey's syrup at home. I wonder how many points that is... Maybe just 1 if I use it sparingly. Katherine

Katherine,

The Sweet N Low is for sure an imitation but if I had my favorite chocolate syrups in the house, either Bosco or Ubet, I would be in big trouble. It doesnt take much for me to cross over to the dark side and stray:) One of the ladies in my meeting said to try the Walden Farms brand syrup, that it was pretty good considering it was an imitation. I havent been able to find it.

Another good filler i heard about at that meeting was for baked sweet potatoe french fries. I did make them and while I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes I did eat them with dinner & they are very filling, they seemed to stay with me for quite a while.

This sounds great

Cool Whip Pie

1 container of FF cool whip

1 Box of Sugar Free Strawberry Banana Jello

1 Weight Watcher Strawberry Yogurt

1/2 to 1 whole cup of sliced strawberries

Mix jello with 1/4 cup of boiling water. Let Cool for about 15 minutes.

Mix in the yogurt, then fold in the thawed fat free cool whip.

Add the strawberries.

Spoon into a graham cracker pie crust and chill in the freezer overnight.

Wow, that sounds great too! I just added the ingredients to my shopping list!

By the way, I just made delicious chickpea snaps for snack.

1 can chickpeas

pam spray or equivalent

season salt.

Drain chickpeas and dry with paper towel. Spray Pam on aluminum foil. Place chickpeas on foil and spray again with Pam. Sprinkle season salt on chickpeas. Place into preheated over at 350 degrees and cook for about 20 minutes. May want to stir once. Yummy! Better warm than cool though. Great for a midafternoon snack.

Is Chobani a brand or a type of yogurt? I've never heard of it. I gained 1.6 at my weigh in on Wed but we had out of town company for a few days and I didn't stick to the plan. I got back on track and now it is gone so I'm happy. We fly out tomorrow morning for Ft. Lauderdale for our cruise on Sunday. I'm going to really try to watch it. I shouldn't have any problem and breakfast or lunch but dinner will be my problem. I'm going to TRY to make good choices. We'll see.

Frances

I get my Chobani from Costco...it comes in a 12 pack with 4 blueberry, 4 peach and 4 strawberry. I have one almost every day for breakfast :)

I lost another 1.2 lbs this week.

Have lost a total of 4 lbs since I started WW, but 7 since November. Only about 27 more to go.

SW 169

CW 162

GW. 135 or less.

Good for you! I am about the same weight as you with a goal like yours (actually in 140s I would be thrilled). What are you doing? How many points do you eat and are you exercising?

Katherine

Hello all! I'm Jackie & I'm back on WW. I've been on & off for a year & really have not buckled down and committed myself.

I have a friend's wedding in April & would like to be able to fit into a dress I already have & feel comfortable.

More importantly my boyfriend & I are crusing in October & I REALLY want to be able to wear a cute bathing suit & look great on "formal" nights.

I got serious & committed myself as the PointsPlus program was launched. I think it was a perfect time to re-evaluate my situation and have a "fresh start".

Also my friends & I are doing a Biggest Loser Challenge. We are doing it for 3 months. We each put in $25, then decided to add a $1 each, each week. This is definitly helping to keep myself accountable.

I have about 36 weeks until our cruise. October seem so far away, but when i say 36 weeks it doesn't seem too long. If i can average between a 1lb - 2lbs a week I'll be in good shape by cruise time.

Today is weigh in. I'm pretty anxious. I skimped on the gym this weekend, but did well eating. :rolleyes:

SW: 201.4

CW: 200.4

GW: 150

Kath00.

I am on the new Weight Watcher points plus program. Just about everyone gets 29 points to start. plus an extra 49 points a week to use as needed.

Yes I have been exercising on our recumbent bike. I try to get at least 30 min a day. We made our spare room into an exercise room with the wii set up and the bike, the Tv helps to pass the time. Watch a 30 min program and your done.

I would be happy with 140 too. I'm only 5'2" so my "ideal" weight is around 120. Yeah right, maybe in my dreams LOL

Kath00.

I am on the new Weight Watcher points plus program. Just about everyone gets 29 points to start. plus an extra 49 points a week to use as needed.

Yes I have been exercising on our recumbent bike. I try to get at least 30 min a day. We made our spare room into an exercise room with the wii set up and the bike, the Tv helps to pass the time. Watch a 30 min program and your done.

I would be happy with 140 too. I'm only 5'2" so my "ideal" weight is around 120. Yeah right, maybe in my dreams LOL

I am on the same program with the same points but my loss is very hit or miss. I was down 2 pounds for 2 weeks and was thrilled. Then I gained 1 1/2 back this week for no apparent reason, eating the same amount....

Are you eating all of your DPs and WPs? Katherine

We got home from our 7 day cruise Sunday evening. When I weighed on my scale Monday morning I was up over 4 lbs from the morning that we left. However, my weigh in day is Wed and I had really watched it and was at my lowest on the day we left. Anyway....I got right back on it and when I weighed in yesterday I was actually down 1.6 from my last weigh in and at my lowest at WW so I'm very happy. I've been below my goal for several months now. I've lost 33.6 and am at 150.4. I wouldn't mind losing some more but my main goal is to KEEP IT OFF!!! Next cruise is a 27 nighter May 1st. Now that will be a challenge.

Frances

Woo hoo! Down 2.4 lbs sat weigh in on Wednesday! :D

I was really surprised because I neglected the gym Th-F-S-S.

But I did not neglect to track track track those points plus!

A nice & easy recipe I did this past week was pulled pork in the slow cooker. Put a 2 lb tenderloin in a slow cooker, then pour a 12 oz bottle of diet root beer over it & cook on LOW for 6-7 hours...until the meat will pull easily. (Mine was done in 6hrs) Drain the fluid. Shred the pork. Mix in BBQ sauce. I ate mine in half of a WW Pita Pocket. Delicious! And I'm not even a huge pulled pork fan. Serves 8 @ 4pts per serving...plus 1 point for half the WW Pita.

Thennnnn I also made chocolate chocolate chip muffins.

Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Chunk Mix & a can of Libbys Pumpkin (15 oz) Thats all you need to make them....no eggs, oil or water.

You follow the baking instructions as the box says. 400F for 16-18min. I took mine out at 16 & they were nice & fudgy in the middle. 5pts per muffin.

I'm thinking of trying the Italian Meatballs & Pan Fried Flounder from the Featured Recipes. Anyone had any luck with these?

SW: 201.4

CW: 198

GW: 150 (then maybe 140 :rolleyes:)

I was ordered by my Dr to do WW for my health. I started my journey August 20th, 2010 and have been doing pretty good. I went from 251 to 225 pounds since. I am only 5'3" tall and round in the middle. We are cruising on the Enchantment on July 14th, 2011 and I was wondering if RCI has a WW or Spa menu like Carnival cruises do. My plan at this time is to be under 200 before the cruise and to look good in a little black dress for formal night. I love cruising and don't want to undo all the hard work. Any help would be great. Thanks

Linda

Hello all! I have been on and off weight watchers for a couple of years and have always been successful. I just started back with the new Points plus program a couple of weeks ago. This new program is harder than it used to be- I only get two more points a day and it seems that everything I used to eat has doubled in points:eek: I seem to be having a hard time with it and my body doesn't want to drop the weight this time. I would love new recipes that are low in points if anyone has any favorites.

I weigh in on Mondays and I would love to get to my goal weight by our April cruise. I only have ten weeks so we will see.

SW: 171.6

CW: 167.2

GW: 150

Bummer, I gained .2lbs this week (about 4 oz), a bit dissappointed, but only myself to blame, I didn't keep up with my exercises. I made Lasagna one night and roast beef with potatoes and carrots (and gravy of course) on another night. went out to breakfast a couple times.

Could have been worse, back on track this week.

Still under 163 though :)

Archived