~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

I hope it's ok if I join in this thread. I'm 25 years old, and was thin my entire life until 2004. I met my husband then, we were always eating out and while he stayed the same weight, I gained a lot. Since 2004, I've tried to lose weight, lose the motivation and just stop dieting.

This time, I started February 10th. I lost 20lbs before my cruise at the end of March, but gained 10lbs on the cruise. As of now, I'm down 30lbs, and I'm cruising in August.

I'm tired of going on these fabulous cruises and never letting myself get in any pictures because I don't like the way I look. I have not cheated or gone over my points ONE day since I started (well, except for the days I was cruising). I feel very committed this time.

SW: 213

CW: 183

GW: 125

Vowsatsea

congratulations on the 30lb weight loss. It's tough at times to stick to your program.

I haven't officially weighed in for 2 weeks. One week I wasn't able to go, last week was memorial day. I have gone over points on a regular basis these past 2 weeks, but seem to be holding myown. per my scales, I have maintained and not gained, so we'll see what WW scales says tonight at 5.

So I've been on WW since Jan 19 and I've lost about 35lbs so far with about 12-15 to go. (I'd like to be 125 but I'll settle for 127/128. Currently I'm at 139.8) It seems like I'm not losing nearly as quickly now. Even though I'm not really doing anything differently.

They've never changed my points goal and I can't see why the plan doesn't adjust as you lose. Shouldn't someone at 175lbs need more than someone at 139?

I'm thinking about using less of my weekly points but am having a hard time motivating myself to do it. I do like my slice or 2 of pizza on Friday nights and a couple rum and diet cokes now and again. I think part of why I've hung in this long is that those things aren't forbidden like they are on the South Beach which worked for me but I was miserable while adhering to it.

Anyway, my question is; has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?

Great work so far. You will hit plateaus - mention it to your leader and she will have suggestions as how to get going again.

You are correct about the points - you should be at a lower number of daily points. Plus they just implemented the new plan it the points are higher - but some things seem to be smaller portions than the last time I tried WW.

Hi all - I'm back in WW as of 5/18. I was really hoping to lose 25 prior to our July 11 cruise - but life gets in the way of doing the smart thing. :rolleyes:

One poster mentioned problems coming home hungry. I've started eating dinner very early and if I get hungry I'll drink a glass of water.

Anyway - I think WW has a revolving door somewhere with my name on it. It is a wonderful program and I just have to make myself follow the rules. This time I am really working at it. Plus the meeting is so close to home - I have no excuse. I ride my bike to the weekly weigh in.

Here are my stats:

SW - 257.8 (You folks are the only person outside the weigh-in person to see that number)

CW - 248 (my home scale this morning which runs a little heavier than the WI scale.) Officially - 251.6 I will find out for sure tomorrow am - I will check back in after the meeting.

GW - 150

I have a very long "weigh" to go. :D

Ok had weigh in tonight, gained 1.2 lbs, (of course was wearing my jeans instead of light cotton pants I usually wear. So probably was an actual weight gain of less then 1lb.) It's ok, I will start anew this next week, (starting tomorrow) Still would like to lose another 10lbs by cruise in Sept, about 13 wks from now.

I expected to weight gain after being sick and all my comfort food.

SW 169

CW 151

GW 135

Hi all - Back from WI and it was an excellent week. Perhaps I will at least be close to my cruise goal by July 10. :D

SW: 257

CW: 247

GW: 150

Oh, I just realized - I am now in double digits! I am now doing the happy dance!!

I also would love to be about another 40 lbs lighter by my November Freedom cruise but that is going to be to much so I think I will set a goal of 215 by then. I will revisit the number in August.

Cruise Goal: 232

Hi everyone ,I am from Ireland and have been a ww convert for about 20 years! I am married with two teenage children and work fulltime.

sw 12 stone

cw 11 stone .5 lbs

tw 10 stone 7 lbs

I have been at goal for ages and in the last year can't get back to that magic number! on our first cruise I never took the lift ,just did the stairs and ate from the light menu, all the food was fab and had one dessert and a few glasses of wine .

The next time I went to pot and ate everything that could't run away!! I put on 7 lbs in 7 days!!!! :(http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Never doing that again, we have the propoints here since January and I think it is brilliant! How are you all finding it ?

Its great to get support from a group so thank you all for your tips!

Ellen

Hi Ellen - I know the feeling about eating everything in sight!

I rarely use the elevators when we cruise. That is my one area of control. ;) I have not tried the light menu options - I might give that a try this time. My problem is breakfast and the WJ.

Before our cruise next month I need to read up on what some have done to keep it off.

CW: 245

Cruise Goal: 232

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss.

It is definitely hard to stick to a plan, especially when you hit a plateau. I feel like I'm hitting one every 10lbs or so, but I think it's because I need to incorporate more exercising, and not just rely on walking (although, walking is good!)

SW: 213

CW: 179

GW: 125

Cruise Goal: 160

Down .2 hoping to lose a half pound before we leave Saturday for the legend. This is the first time I am going away on a strict diet and I am petrified :confused: I really hope to come home with only a one lb gain or less

WW SW 144.4

CW 122.4

GW 122

Personal Goal 120

Hi everyone,

I recently went back to WW after not attending for over a year. I originally joined in 2003 and hit goal and lifetime in 2004. I maintained my 42 lb weight loss until last year when I started slaking off on tracking and attending my meetings and monthly weigh-ins. I not only put back on the 42 lbs but also an extra 8 as well. Attending my meetings is key for me so I am making this a priority as well as tracking every single thing that I eat immediately so I do not forget. I have been back a little over 3 wks now and have lost 8.6 lbs so far. I am just loving this new PP plan. On the old plan I only had 18 pts and that was just so restrivtive for me; this new plan really does offer more freedom and I love that.

I became engaged last Oct on our Legend cruise. I would really love to be back down to a size 8 when I go to select a wedding dress. I have many mini-goals along the way to help keep me motivated.

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend and am looking forward to checking in here every week.

Cari-Lynn in Indy

Start Date: 05/27/11

SW: 172.2

CW: 163.6

GW: 125.0

Down .2 hoping to lose a half pound before we leave Saturday for the legend. This is the first time I am going away on a strict diet and I am petrified :confused: I really hope to come home with only a one lb gain or less

WW SW 144.4

CW 122.4

GW 122

Personal Goal 120

You will love the Legend. They have a walking track and a gym to help stay on plan. In addition, they have the most delicious Spa menu. Lots of healthy selections. It is not on the menu, but they have a fat-free honey mustard salad dressing for your salads. I just loved their Spa desserts. They are made with Splenda and are very light tasting. I became engaged on this cruise and our waitstaff served us an engagment cake from the Spa menu, it was the Coconut Cream Cake and the filling was very light, almost like fat free Cool Whip. In the buffet area there were always lots of fresh fruit as well yogurt and home cooked oatmeal for breakfast. The grill area has garden burgers and grilled chicken breast in addition to the burgers and hot dogs. You just have to ask as they are not on the menu. There are also lots of stairs to keep in shape.

Have a great cruise and Congrats on your wt loss. :) Cari

My official weigh in is on Sunday and I was so happy but slipping upward after last night's nachos. Looking to get to goal or close by our Nov cruise. Starting to do some shopping for clothes in smaller sizes that can be tightened if I lose between shopping date and cruise.

Joyce

SW 229

CW 189

GW 174

I just came across this thread today. I have been an online weight watchers member for years. I'm consistent with points for a while then once I start fitting in to things that I couldn't. I start slacking. I'm am trying hard to stay focused so I can loose a good 5 pounds before my trip but between graduations and birthdays its been very hard. I joined the gym in February and was very committed for about a month or 2. I am now trying to get back in that mode. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and then post my info on the thread. Congratulations to all who have lost weight. I am ready to count down the pounds along with you:)

Weigh in was yesterday morning and I was down 1 pound. Not bad considering 2 parties in 1 week.

But it really slowed me down towards my goal for the July cruise. :mad:

CW: 243

July Cruise Goal: 232

November Cruise Goal: 212

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway - I think WW has a revolving door somewhere with my name on it. It is a wonderful program and I just have to make myself follow the rules. This time I am really working at it.

I know this feeling very well too! I am back on WW Online for the dozenth time in the past few years. This time I am making exercise a bigger focus as well as the eating plan. I like that the Points Plus really encourage you to make better food choices, rather than just being about calories and fat.

Anyway, I've lost 6 pounds in the 2 weeks I've been back, and feel very motivated. My goal before our cruise in November is to fit into an old cocktail dress that I really love but have grown out of. With any luck, by November I'll have to get it taken in!

SW = 230

CW = 224

GW = 140

Andrea

I am down another 1.4 lbs this week. ;>) I'm now under 150lbs. Hurray!!!!

SW 169.6

CW 149.4

GW 135

Gosh, what are you all doing??? I am following the diet to the T and cannot lose any more weight! UGH. I am so frustrated. I exercise every night for 30 minutes and stick to my points and eat my fruits and veggies and so on. I am just not sure this "all you can eat fruits" thing is working for me. I think the carbs are making me plateau (2 months now with no loss!!!). ARGH!

Katherine

HI there I just found this website and this thread today and am thrilled:) I love to cruise and once again am back on Weight Watchers for the hmm who knows what time?? I turned 40 two months ago and am determined to get this weight off once and for all, have had great success on WW before:)

I started back in January at 249 lbs and am now at 230 have had some ups and downs but I keep on going.

I am going on a dream trip by myself in November which will be a Cruise in Tahiti and French Polynesia as well as a little pre and post stay.

I am trying to incorporate exercise back into my life after numberous car accidents etc so lately have been trying walking, aquafit, yard work, etc.

I am determined to get more weight off by the time I go on this trip. Ideally I would like to be less than 200 lbs when I go but I am setting realistic goals and will be happy with whatever I can lose between now and then.

I am thankful to have found this thread and look forward to losing along with you

Angela;)

SW 249

CW 230

GW not sure yet

It's nice to see so many people here. Good work to those with losses this week! Hang in there- for those who are not getting the results they want.

Today was my weigh-in and I was pretty surprised! But what really amazed me was the inches lost from my waist: 3.5 inches in two months.

SW: 171.4

CW: 160.8

Archived