~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Weighed in this afternoon...only 1.5 gone this week!! I want to lose more and faster!! Hey Lisa how are you doin?? Are you into those size tens yet??

SW 169.5

CW 149.5

GW 137

Judi

Congrats, Judi on your 1.5lb loss, you have officially caught up to me!!

My weight has been flat these past two weeks so I'm still in my size 12's. I was sick for a few days and then was just feeling too lazy to work out. I think being so close to goal I'm having a hard time staying focused. But 145 would be so great so I'm really going to try harder.

It's funny because this past week two people at work remarked that I look like I've lost weight. I've lost 18 pounds, it's about time somebody noticed! I'm 5'10" which makes it easier to hide the extra weight but I'm glad somebody finally noticed. They mentioned this as we were walking to the car to go out for Mexican food to celebrate a coworker's birthday. And I didn't hold back. Those chips and salsa were tasty. No wonder I'm not losing! :o

SW: 168.0

CW: 149.5

GW: 145.0

Lisa

Lisa

If this diet has taught me anything, it is not to starve myself or deny myself of anything! As an example, we went out for cheat night last night and I had a patti-melt. Under normal circumstances I would have eaten the entire thing, but I really was full, so I only ate half and brought the rest home..DH can have it for lunch! I have finally started to eat less. I don't feel that I am wasting money or food. I can't believe it ,but I thew out two mini cupcakes this morning! There were three, I ate the top off one and threw the rest right in the garbage!!! We may weigh the same, but I am only 5'2", so you can imagine that I still have that tummy issue going on!! I have discovered Spanx higher power and wear them to pull in the tummy and tame the muffin top. Maybe if you try them those 10's will glide on!!!!

Judi

Weighed in this afternoon...only 1.5 gone this week!! I want to lose more and faster!! Hey Lisa how are you doin?? Are you into those size tens yet??

SW 169.5

CW 149.5

GW 137

Judi

Judi, wasn't it last week you were complaining about only losing .5 lbs? 1.5 is FANTASTIC! I would love to see that amount of loss today (though truly I'm concerned about staying the same or even gaining... not been too diligent lately). You are doing great! 20 lbs gone -- and your 20 lbs is more significant to my 20 lbs lost, because it's such a large percentage of your starting weight! I've lost 8% of my SW, you've lost almost 12%!!

And your comments about Spanx are right on -- back "in the day" women didn't bemoan the thought of shapewear ('course, they didn't call it that then, I don't think) -- it was considered necessary. I read an article a few years ago that mentioned that women were beating themselves up more about their bodies then they used to, because now it's expected for all of us to have flat tummies through the use of exercise, toning, etc. Used to be a woman slid on a girdle or a corset and called it good. Which is the more opressive -- the girdle, or ONE more ideal for a woman to live up to? :-)

And Lisa, hang in there. I've had a tough time, too, staying dilligent -- a little let-down, and quite frankly, celebration since tax season has wound down. And vacation next week! I must be "good" this weekend! ;)

We'll both get back on track, yes? Congrats on people noticing (and commenting -- they may have noticed before and just not spoken up) on your progress! I feel you're pain, except, again, your 18 lbs should be more noticeable than my 20 as you're taller and started out thinner than me. But a few have noticed, and I will hang on to that for now. :)

And all, I expect to be heavier after my 2-week cruise. And that's fine. I will just step it up after I get back, and shake those pounds off and then some!

I'll post again after my WW weigh-in in a few hours.

Cheers!

Lisa If this diet has taught me anything, it is not to starve myself or deny myself of anything! As an example, we went out for cheat night last night and I had a patti-melt...

What's a patti melt, is that a southern thing?? Sounds yummy whatever it is :)

I have used Spanx-type garments for dressy events like weddings when I have to squeeze into a nice dress but I can only handle them for a few hours. I don't think I could handle them all day. But I've never tried the actual Spanx brand, maybe they aren't as uncomfortable.

Lisa

And Lisa, hang in there. I've had a tough time, too, staying dilligent -- a little let-down, and quite frankly, celebration since tax season has wound down. And vacation next week! I must be "good" this weekend! ;)

We'll both get back on track, yes?

Lani-- yes, I promise to get back on track. Thanks for your encouragement.

I forgot to tell you that we did e-file this year! So it was April 15th, around 5pm when we uploaded our return. I had the refund in my checking account in less than 2 weeks! I'm a convert now, thanks for the kick in the pants ;)

Lisa

What's a patti melt, is that a southern thing?? Sounds yummy whatever it is :)

I have used Spanx-type garments for dressy events like weddings when I have to squeeze into a nice dress but I can only handle them for a few hours. I don't think I could handle them all day. But I've never tried the actual Spanx brand, maybe they aren't as uncomfortable.

Lisa

Well, I don't think a Patty Melt is a southern thing, as we have them in Oregon! They are SO yummy. It's a hamburger patty, American cheese and grilled onions on rye bread, then toasted. SO delish! I haven't had one in ages.

And the only pair of Spanx I ever owned, I returned since they did what they're not supposed to do: the waistband rolled down. I guess I was really to roly-poly for them. I may try them again when I'm a little thinner! :D But, obviously, I still think if you are otherwise healthy, and shapeware is all you need to look A-OK, you probably don't need to drop too many pounds. And even if you do need to drop some pounds, and shapeware helps you look/feel better, by all means, wear it!

Lani-- yes, I promise to get back on track. Thanks for your encouragement.

I forgot to tell you that we did e-file this year! So it was April 15th, around 5pm when we uploaded our return. I had the refund in my checking account in less than 2 weeks! I'm a convert now, thanks for the kick in the pants ;)

Lisa

Good for you for getting back on track, and yay you on the e-file! We still need to file ours... this weekend, I promise!

And I will be on track this weekend, then starting Tuesday next week, I'm on vacation until the 20th... will NOT be on track, but my goals are still to get some exercise in (at least 3 days per week on treadmill, or power walks around the treadmill), and to stop eating when satisfied. Both of those things will be HUGE progress for me, and important lifestyle acheivements that I hope to turn into habits and carry them forward forEVER.

So, weigh in news: I had another not-great eat/exercise week, so I swore I'd be happy with any loss... and I AM! 0.8 lbs gone, for an even 21 lost. In England, they'd call that 1.5 stone, and in January, I really did have 1.5 stone in my head (yes, hubby & I are insufferable Anglophiles!) as a reasonable goal. ACHEIVED!

After I started losing steadily, I had HOPED I might get my 10% goal, but I ran out of steam a bit. Only need 3 lbs to get that, though, so it's still in sight. I definitely hope to get that in June sometime (since the last week in May will be trying to recover from the 16-day vacation splurge!!).

Cheers, all! Keep that faith -- Be more stubborn than your scale; if you do the right things, it WILL go down.

157952.png

Lisa

If this diet has taught me anything, it is not to starve myself or deny myself of anything! As an example, we went out for cheat night last night and I had a patti-melt. Under normal circumstances I would have eaten the entire thing, but I really was full, so I only ate half and brought the rest home..DH can have it for lunch! I have finally started to eat less. I don't feel that I am wasting money or food. I can't believe it ,but I thew out two mini cupcakes this morning! There were three, I ate the top off one and threw the rest right in the garbage!!!

Judi

Judi, I just have to comment again about your great attitude, and congratulate you on those successes! Listening to yourself (and respecting yourself) enough to A) have the Patty Melt because you REALLY wanted it and B) only eating half because you were full is tremendous. For me, I'd think it was phenomenal, really. Good for you!

Same on the having the wherewithal to toss those cupcakes. My mom was born in the Depression (and naturally cheap besides, I suspect!), and so I have a HUGE problem with feeling like I'm "wasting" something if I throw it away.

A few years ago, however, I heard/read someone making a comment such as, "If your body doesn't need it, isn't it just as wasteful to put it in your body as it is to throw it away?" I think this is an excellent point, and I try to keep it in mind... but still it's hard to throw away perfectly good food. :o

But really, Judi -- KUDOS! Fabulous progress!

So, weigh in news: I had another not-great eat/exercise week, so I swore I'd be happy with any loss... and I AM! 0.8 lbs gone, for an even 21 lost.

After I started losing steadily, I had HOPED I might get my 10% goal, but I ran out of steam a bit. Only need 3 lbs to get that, though, so it's still in sight.

Cheers, all! Keep that faith -- Be more stubborn than your scale; if you do the right things, it WILL go down.

Congrats on the .8!

I too am 3.8 pounds away from 10%. I really want to get there.

Going to the gym tonight for a wellness seminar. Hope it will help with the motivation.

Denise

Lani..I grew up with "there are children starving in China", "I spent good money on that" and "be thankful for what you have"....It is very difficult for me not to finish my plate, or god forbid, throw perfectly good food in the garbage... BUT I'm learning!!!! I thow things away BEFORE they get green or fuzzy!!

Lisa and Lani...get Spanx "higher Power"...the waist goes up almost under your boobs, so no rolling and it flattens your muffin top. Spanx is pretty comfy, and you don't have to take them down to go to the bathroom. Lani they are sold by weight, so make sure you get the size for your weight. I have several sizes for myself! Don't go tryin to fit in a size smaller...they are tight enough in the right size!!

Tonight is a Girls night out...Water, soup, (no bread) happy birthday cake (really small piece) and lots of gossip!!!

Judi......(well, maybe one roll)

Lani..I grew up with "there are children starving in China", "I spent good money on that" and "be thankful for what you have"....It is very difficult for me not to finish my plate, or god forbid, throw perfectly good food in the garbage... BUT I'm learning!!!! I thow things away BEFORE they get green or fuzzy!!

I hear you!! I had the "eat everything you take" rules at home (otherwise it was just "wasteful"), so I definitely learned to eat EVERYTHING on my plate, no matter what. Even if I took WAY too much. This is STILL very hard for me not to do. I'm trying to learn to TAKE less; but I also need to challenge myself to leave a few bites on the plate. I have been ok leaving one bite, but if I tried to leave three, that might be VERY difficult.

Lisa and Lani...get Spanx "higher Power"...the waist goes up almost under your boobs, so no rolling and it flattens your muffin top. Spanx is pretty comfy, and you don't have to take them down to go to the bathroom. Lani they are sold by weight, so make sure you get the size for your weight. I have several sizes for myself! Don't go tryin to fit in a size smaller...they are tight enough in the right size!!

This is good info, thanks! I must have been skimping on size. I was definitely in the "higher power" ones, which they SWEAR will not roll. I have the additional issue of having a VERY short rise (mid-rise, and I mean MID-rise pants -- the ones that should go across the middle of your belly, under your navel -- go up to my bra!), so that also might be a factor. I have a 32" inseam and I'm only 5'6" -- if my torso was proportional to my legs, I could be close to 6'! :)

Congrats to everyone who lost this week! It's great to be a loser!:p

Here's my weigh in-report-----this week, down 2 more pounds! Total of 6 in two weeks on WW Core Plan. This is my first time doing Core, as I have always done Points, but I decided to "shake it up" a bit, and try to wean myself off all the carbs. I must say it is working!

So far, so good!

11 wks til our cruise----my goal is to be in the 150's by then.

SW-181

CW-175

WW goal-145

Goal by Cruise (July 12)--159 or less

Just checking in to say we had a wonderful cruise. The weather was very HOT, only a bit of rough weather the first day at sea, and the food was fantastic:p

I got weighed on my home scale on Weds when I got home and was up 3.4 pounds, but I have been very diligent yesterday and today, so hopefully it will be less on Saturday when I have my weigh in.

I was fairly careful of what I ate, (I could have gained twice or three times as much). Breakfasts were my big downfall, but then was careful the rest of the day, swam every day, walked a lot and used the stairs as much as possible. Was right back at aqua-aerobics tonight!

Anyway, I plan on staying on this thread as the support is wonderful, and I still need to "lose before my next cruise". even though that probably won't be for two years:(

I will let you know how I get along on Saturday.

~Susan

Hi All,

Signed up at the YMCA for a getting started program. Its an 8 week program of meeting once a week with a coach and going over your short term goals and learning how to use the equipment and make healthy changes.

You have to commit to coming to the Y 3x a week. It costs $25 and I couldn't pass it up.

My DH signed up too so this will help. The program ends the week before we cruise. Hopefully I will be lighter and be able to handle any hiking we may do.

Denise

"there are children starving in China", "I spent good money on that" and "be thankful for what you have"....

Judi.

You would think after all of these years there wouldn't be any more starving children in China.! :rolleyes:

At one of the WW meetings there was a discussion on going out to eat. Many people suggested asking for a take out bag/box at the beginning of the meal and immediately putting 1/2 of your meal in it. Its not on your plate anymore, so no guilt and you then have another meal.

Try the same thing at home. Just don't take as much or put back 1/2.

I just bought the WW electronic food scale. It really helps with portion control.

Denise

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

I have just spent the last hour reading all of your posts and I think I have come to the right place. Please allow me to join in.....

My name is Sheryl. I am 53 years old. I am handicapped- arthritis in my knees. I have been on WW many times during my lifetime. At age 19 I was just a few pounds from goal and then I blew it. I have been having weight related problems lately and I don't want to leave this earth just yet. I have a great husband, 2 wonderful sons and 2 amazing little granddaughters.

So I rejoined WW again this past Tuesday. I have been OP since then and am feeling really good about it. My biggest problem is portion control and stopping when I am satisfied. I feel confident...between meetings and coming here, I can do it!

SW 297

CW ?

WW Goal 145

Hey Sheryl, welcome to our group. I was thinking that if I had to read these posts over I would probably come across as a moaner, but I 'm not really...we are a great group with two things in common, weight (too much) and the love of cruising!! I think we might all have that portion control problem, that's how we ended up here!! Over time I am hoping it gets easier. I have had to learn how to say no to sweets...any kind of candy and cakes....I don't say "never", I just say "a bite". I also try not to eat too fast. If you eat slower, it really does help you know when you are satisfied! I have been on it for 13 weeks and have lost 20 pounds, I have 17 to loose yet! One girl has been in my WW group for 56 weeks and has lost 120 pounds!!!! She is my inspiration....If she can do it and not get discouraged, I should be able to accomplish my goal!! Lisa is our little cheerleader and absolutely everyone else is full of suggestions and encouragement. You'll love it here..stick with us and they will help you as they have helped me.

Judi;)

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi Judi,

Thanks for the wonderful welcome. And no, I don't think you were a moaner!

Hi to everyone else:D

Hi girls. (and guys? did'nt read all the pages :o) My name is Gaye, and I'am short and round. I got real sick of buying bigger clothes recently, so I'am on Nutisystem. This type of diet works for me. Just tell me what to eat and when. No brainer for me.

You all are awesome! I want to be just like you. Strong and focused. I still have all of my smaller clothes...which I will be wearing this summer!!!

Started out at 158

This morning: 147

I WILL GET TO: 115

Petite, here I come!

Hi All and thanks to Sheryl for findining this link for me!

My name is Andrea, I am a 52 year old gramma to be and I too have fought this weight demon all my life.

At my highest I was 225. I am just a squeak under 5'4".

I enjoy walking and swimming, snorkeling and scuba, but find I have no energy for anything at the weight I am now.

I went on Atkins a few years ago and had an amazing amount of success, but then my son was in a terrible car accident (broke his back) and I fell off the wagon nursing him back to health.

I tried Atkins again in January, but developed gout. The Dr said that gout is common in high protein diets , and suggested that I forget Atkins.

So here I am in WW. I just started on Monday but so far so good. I love counting the points.

I have a cruise coming up in February and am really motivated to lose weight and become as active as I used to be. I joined Curves too.

So anyways, wish me luck, I have my first weigh in on Monday :cool:

Stats

SW- 201

CW -

GW- 140

Wow that was hard, actually posting my weight :eek:

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi Andrea,

You made it here....I'm so glad! Maybe we should keep our WW discussions here instead of the other thread. I'd feel more comfortable with that, how about you?

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a great OP day. I am so proud of myself....had some really great macaroni salad I bought for my husband and was about to stuff some in my mouth while waiting for my WW dinner to cook. Instead I called him over and said,"...please eat this now or throw it away." He ate it and I was so happy with myself.:D:D

Hi Sheryl

I am good with that too.:)

Tonight is going to be hard for me. We are die hard NASCAR fans, and we always do a pot luck for night races. Of course everything people bring will all be high points. :eek:

Maybe I should get my WW cookbook out and see what I can find in ways of appy's.

I am really anxious for my weigh in on Monday.

oh and CONGRATS on passing on the macaroni salad girl !!!!

Guest Crazeecat5

Andrea...have you used your extra points for the week? If not, use some of them tonight. Don't want you to feel deprived!

Archived