~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Hey Misty,

Thanks so much for your support. You are terrific! You'd make a wonderful cheerleader:D

Now it's your turn....I have a really good feeling that I will be dancing on my bad legs for you tonight. Don't forget to come back and report.

Andrea....where are you? Please come back and chat!

here I am Sheryl

Sorry I was MIA. Mother's day was the beginning of a very stressful week for me, and I EAT when I am stressed. But when I weighed in yesterday I was down 2 pounds anyway!! Guess I wasn't as emotional as I thought lol lol

I have been walking 1 hour twice a day and have promised as my goal for this week to get back to Curves.

I am getting close to my 10 pound milestone. Thinkin' I might get a pedicure ;)

Hi everyone! Hi Sheryl, Andrea and Misty!! Congrats to all of you on your weight loss. I'm getting ready to get on program and have a question. I was going to do WW online but have a a couple of questions. Has anyone used the online version? Is there a coupon code that can me used for that one time registration fee? Anyone have success with the online version vs going to the meetings? I've been looking around but cannot find a coupon.

This is a great support system right on our cruise boards. Hopefully I will be an active member again very shortly.

Hi everyone! Hi Sheryl, Andrea and Misty!! Congrats to all of you on your weight loss. I'm getting ready to get on program and have a question. I was going to do WW online but have a a couple of questions. Has anyone used the online version? Is there a coupon code that can me used for that one time registration fee? Anyone have success with the online version vs going to the meetings? I've been looking around but cannot find a coupon.

This is a great support system right on our cruise boards. Hopefully I will be an active member again very shortly.

Hi Paula!! I've never really done the online version, so I can't really help with your questions. But, I still wanted to say hi!! I'll look around and let you know if i find a coupon code for you. Good luck!!

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi everyone,

Hey Paula...glad to see you here.

I have never used the online version either. I prefer to go to meetings....really keeps me on track. Between the meetings & this thread, I know I can succeed!

Thanks Misty and Sheryl and good day to you as well. I did try the online version about 3 years ago and fell away from WW altogether but I've done the same going to meetings. The closest meeting is 30 miles one way so I will need to adjust to the online version:(

The black bean brownies sound very interesting. I will need to try them. I'll check out the other websites that were given here.

Welcome to all the new people! And good luck to you and to all. I had my weigh in yesterday morning and was down another 3.4 pounds! For a total of 42 pounds since January. Today I felt hungry all day though, so have been snacking more than usual. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track.

I also find I do better going to the meetings, between the advice there and the support and advice on here it really helps keep me motivated.

Jane- I think I was wearing an orange/red colored top and maybe black shorts, or maybe white shorts? Anyway we were on the top deck yelling and cheering. Where on the deck of Ocean Village were you? I have lots of pictures of everyone, plus some videotaping.

The aqua aerobics is only for another two weeks so I'm going to have to find something else to do. Maybe I will try Curves for the summer and then the aqua aerobics will start up again in Sept. I do have the tapes for walk away the pounds 1 and 2 miles. I was using them quite a bit at first but not so much lately, I guess I will get them out again, and now that the weather is finally nice, I will walk outdoors some. Or buy a bike. Lots of ideas, just have to put them into action!

Good luck and a good week to all!

~Susan

SW- 264

CW- 222

Welcome to all the new people! And good luck to you and to all. I had my weigh in yesterday morning and was down another 3.4 pounds! For a total of 42 pounds since January. Today I felt hungry all day though, so have been snacking more than usual. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track.

I also find I do better going to the meetings, between the advice there and the support and advice on here it really helps keep me motivated.

Jane- I think I was wearing an orange/red colored top and maybe black shorts, or maybe white shorts? Anyway we were on the top deck yelling and cheering. Where on the deck of Ocean Village were you? I have lots of pictures of everyone, plus some videotaping.

The aqua aerobics is only for another two weeks so I'm going to have to find something else to do. Maybe I will try Curves for the summer and then the aqua aerobics will start up again in Sept. I do have the tapes for walk away the pounds 1 and 2 miles. I was using them quite a bit at first but not so much lately, I guess I will get them out again, and now that the weather is finally nice, I will walk outdoors some. Or buy a bike. Lots of ideas, just have to put them into action!

Good luck and a good week to all!

~Susan

SW- 264

CW- 222

WOW Susan! That is fabulous!! 3.4 pounds this week and 42 total! That is very inspirational. I hope you've been patting yourself on the back. ;)

Happy Monday.....or not. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Welcome Paula. I have done both online and meetings. There are a lot of folks that have success with online only. I know when you join meetings and pay for it monthly it also comes with the online as well but I don't know about any coupon. You may want to go to weightwatchers.com and visit the message boards there. You'll find a lot of them are online only and can post questions if you want. Just stay away from the newbies or first time on WW type boards. I'm pretty sure they have a "online only" type board. Some of those people on the boards are just snarky and mean and have nothing but awful things to say.

Susan, 3.4 pounds!!!!! Way to go. 42 since January. I'm impressed. Keep doing what you're doing because it obviously works for you.

Andrea, sorry to hear about the bum week. Usually after a bum week comes a good week. Still, losing weight during a week like that is awesome.

How did ya'll do getting in the oil this weekend?

Well.......weigh in this morning and nothing.....zip, zilch, zero. Better than gaining though. And truth be told that I didn't really eat all that well last week. HE however, lost 3.4 lbs last week. He has about 7 lbs more to lose. I was so proud of him. So we talked about motivation and me not being 100%. We decided I needed a few visual motivators. In front of him I tried on some goal clothes, size 10's, and could actually get a couple pair pulled up, no where near buttoned though. The others, I couldn't even get pulled up and quite embarassed even in front of my DH. So they are hanging in various places in our room. He printed me some pics of our ship and of Hawaii so I can hang them at my desk at work. I'm feeling much more motivated now :o

I'll check back later.

SW=168.4

CW=168.4

Loss = 0

GW= 130

CW=140 (cruise weight)

5'4"

Drink up!!!!!!!

Guest Crazeecat5

Good morning all,

Susan....wtg! 42 lbs. in 4 months is very impressive. I hope I can do 1/2 that much! You are my inspiration!!

Mel....I tried to use more olive oil this weekend. Think I did OK.

MY WW meeting is canceled this week because it is held in a fire house that will hold some voting tomorrow. I plan on going to a meeting on Thursday at another place. I will not miss a week, if I can help it. Can't wait....

Susan that is a great loss for one week! And when you look at the total pounds lost it is incredible. Good Work and it is Wonderful.

I'm still trying to get to know you all on here and it might take me a little time before I remember everyone by name. Congratulations to everyone for their weight loss and for sticking to the program.

I'll be doing the online version for sure. If I don't see any results in 30 days or I feel I need the meeting support, I'll drive the 30 miles once a week. I need to pull out my WW recipes and make my grocery list. So day one so far has been less than fun. But I will get it together and be on program by lunch today.

So to introduce myself, I am Paula and at 60 years old I find it more difficult to lose weight. It just seems to shift downward. In 1968 I joined WW, lost 73 pounds and reached my goal weight in six months, received my lifetime status and maintained my GW for 10 years. Today I am in need of a lifestyle change and know that WW will help me achieve my goals.

Everyone have a great day!

Guest Crazeecat5
Never mind.....duh! I see now it is the same cruise.

How do you like cruising with Carnival? Anyone have comparisons between Princess and Carnival?

Hey Mel,

Actually I canceled a cruise today and just booked the May 15, 2010 cruise. I like CC group cruises for several reasons:

1. reduced deposit...only have to pay $25 per person for a gty. The rest of the deposit is due at a later date.

2. usually very good prices.....they are less than Carnival's regular prices.

3. amenities....usually OBC, chocolates&champagne, etc.

4. You get all this and are not obligated to spend any time with the group if you don't want to. You can do as much or as little of the activites, etc. as you want.

Now as far as Carnival goes, we really like them. We have been on 2 RCCL cruises and still like Carnival better for the food and cabins. We are not into rock climbing, ice skating etc. so that doesn't appeal to us. Never been on Princess so I can't comment on them.

Hi everybody. I had a great re-commitment week and lost a whopping 6.4 lbs! I know a lot of it was retained fluid from my previous gain of 3.8 from my carb/sugar overload but I did work really hard and started journaling again.

Sorry I don't have time to address everyone but I do have to comment on the Black Bean Brownies. Remember by adding the black beans, you are really only adding fiber to them and thus artificially reducing the points. Sometimes it might help to get back to the bascis of calories in vs. calories out to have success. The beans do not reduce the calories any! OK, off my soapbox! ;)

SW=249.4

CW=162.6

Loss = 6.4

GW= 150 (or so)

5'5"

Have a great week enverone!

Hi Sue, Just been looking at my photos and even blown up i cant find you!!!!! I was wearing a light aqua strappy top with dark shorts and bright pink crocs on my feet[i think i was wearing them, if not bare feet] I was right on the rail waving a flag, behind me was an area of sun beds, so about half way. I am tubby and have very short hair. Can you see me??????????? Weigh in on Wednesday for me, well done on your weight loss.

Guest Crazeecat5

Wow, Ruth, that's a terrific loss! It may just be water but you know what.....water has to go too!!:D

Happy Monday to all of you WW's

Hi Paula!! So happy to see you here:D

I need a chicken recipe, I am in a chicken rut

Can anybody help?

Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms

Ingredients

2 tsp vegetable oil

3 tbsp balsamic vinegar

2 tsp Dijon mustard

1 large garlic clove(s), crushed

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces

2 cup(s) mushroom(s), small, halved (I used baby bellas)

1/3 cup(s) chicken broth

1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled

Instructions

In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.

In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic.

Add chicken and turn to coat.

Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet.

Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.

Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.

Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet.

Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute.

Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar.

Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.

Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.

Serves 4, 3 points per serving

modify_inline.gif

Good evening and happy Monday!!

MEL - Great attitude and recommitment for the week. It is all to easy to let the scale get you down and you had a great battle plan to push past it. You're bound to have a great week this week!! AND, I am taking your water challenge this week. I have 2 more glasses to go tonight, but I'll make sure I do it!

RUTH - 6.4, that's awesome!! Even if part of it is recovering from an earlier slide, you recovered and then some, Hurrah!! And MMMMmmmmm, your chicken recipe sounds delicious, I think I'm going to thaw some chicken now!! Thanks for sharing.

ANDREA - I'm thinking good thoughts for you, if I remember right tonight is your weigh in. And if it isn't, I'll just think good thoughts for you anyways!

SHERYL- Good luck at your replacement meeting. kudos to you for finding a new one. :)

Ladies,

I miss a few days and your all chatting away and giving great recipes and hints.

I have to remember to check in more often.

I weighed in tonight and I am down 2.8 which brings me to my 10%.:)

I am under 200 pounds which I haven't seen in a long time.

Congratulations to all the wonderful weight losses.

We can all do it.

Denise

SW 221.6

CW 197.8

next goal ?

Ladies,

I miss a few days and your all chatting away and giving great recipes and hints.

I have to remember to check in more often.

I weighed in tonight and I am down 2.8 which brings me to my 10%.:)

I am under 200 pounds which I haven't seen in a long time.

Congratulations to all the wonderful weight losses.

We can all do it.

Denise

SW 221.6

CW 197.8

next goal ?

WOW WOW WOW!!!

2.8 POUNDS...

10%...

AND under 200!!!!

I SURE hope you have something special planned for yourself to celebrate :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS DENISE!!!

Gocha Andrea, I hope you enjoyed the good thoughts anyways! I'll muster up some more for Friday!

Archived