~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Denise, 10% is awesome. Enjoy that keychain.

Ruth, goodness gracious, 6.4!!! Happy dance for you. I agree on the chicken recipe...sounds great. Good point about the brownies.

Speaking of brownies.....anyone tried the No Pudge? They are fabulous and very low in points. I like them because you can make a single serving if you want to.

I dug out some recipes:

Diet Coke and Ketchup Chicken

1 lb boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen)

1 12oz can diet coke

1 c ketchup

Add all ingredients in the crock pot and cook at least 6 hours. I always add garlic in just about everything so I added some garlic and dried minced onion.

Only calculate points based on the ounces of chicken you eat.

I have more but will have to post them later this afternoon.

Denise, 10% is awesome. Enjoy that keychain.

Ruth, goodness gracious, 6.4!!! Happy dance for you. I agree on the chicken recipe...sounds great. Good point about the brownies.

Speaking of brownies.....anyone tried the No Pudge? They are fabulous and very low in points. I like them because you can make a single serving if you want to.

I dug out some recipes:

Diet Coke and Ketchup Chicken

1 lb boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen)

1 12oz can diet coke

1 c ketchup

Add all ingredients in the crock pot and cook at least 6 hours. I always add garlic in just about everything so I added some garlic and dried minced onion.

Only calculate points based on the ounces of chicken you eat.

I have more but will have to post them later this afternoon.

OMG I am a diet coke addict. Guess we will have chicken again tonight :D

Thanks for the recipe!

What is No Pudge?

Sorry I don't have time to address everyone but I do have to comment on the Black Bean Brownies. Remember by adding the black beans, you are really only adding fiber to them and thus artificially reducing the points. Sometimes it might help to get back to the bascis of calories in vs. calories out to have success. The beans do not reduce the calories any! OK, off my soapbox! ;)

Doesn't it reduce the fat in take by not adding eggs and oil? :confused:

OMG I am a diet coke addict. Guess we will have chicken again tonight :D

Thanks for the recipe!

What is No Pudge?

No pudge is a brand of brownie mix that is low fat/low cal. I usually see them on the top shelf above all of the oooey goooey brownie and cake mixes. I haven't tried them, but I've heard they are very good while also being very low in points.

No Pudge is the brand of the brownies. They are in a pink box with a pig, usually towards the top shelf where the other brownie mixes are. All you add is a container of low fat vanilla yogurt. They are to die for when left a little gooey as they can get dry if baked too long. I've made the single serve in a bowl in the microwave and oh my mouth is watering :rolleyes:

So here are some other recipes

This is actually a Atkins recipe but still very point friendly

Lemon Caper Chicken

4 4oz boneless chicken breasts

1 tbsp olive oil

salt

pepper

1/2 c white wine (I use a reisling)

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 tbsp lemon zest

3 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed

3 tbsp chilled butter (the real thing)

Heat oil in a skillet until hot, spinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, cook until browned and cooked thru. Remove chicken from skillet, cover and keep warm. Add the wine, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers to the same skillet with any drippings left from the chicken. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the chicken. Whisk in the butter 1 piece at a time and stir until well incorporated. Serve over chicken.

4 serv = 8 pts

If you want to use a light butter it's still just as good but only drops the points by 1. Add some zero point greenbeans or asparagus with the lemon sauce drizzled over them as well. This recipe is guest worthy.

Chicken Fried Rice

4 lg egg whites

1/2 c scallions, green and white mixed

fresh garlic

12 oz uncooked chicken diced

1/2 c carrots diced

2 c cooked brown rice (still warm)

1/2 c frozen thawed green peas

3 tbsp soy sauce

Spray skillet, scramble egg whites, set aside and keep warm. Spray skillet and add the scallions and garlic and saute' 2 minutes, add chicken and carrots and saute' until chicken is golden brown. Stir in the egg, rice, peas and soy sauce and heat thru.

1 c = 3 points

Alfredo Sauce for one

2 wedges of laughing cow cheese, any flavor (I use garlic and herb or french onion)

1 tsp olive oil

1 tsp light margarine/butter

1/4 c skim milk

Heat the oil and butter together until melted and blended thoroughly. Add the cheese wedges and mash with a fork, stir in the milk. Stir constantly mashing the cheese blending all ingredients until it becomes smooth and silky. Add more milk to meet desired consistency.

As listed = 3.5 points

I had this for lunch today. 3 oz chicken, alfredo sauce, 1/2 c whole wheat pasta stirred together and 1/2 box of frozen brussel sprouts in low fat butter sauce for 10.5 points. Seems high for lunch but my big meal of the day is lunch. If you're planing on having leftovers, thin out the leftover with milk before mixing with the pasta as this heats back up better.

Chicken Spaghetti

1 lb chicken breast diced

2 tbsp olive oil

garlic and onion to taste (powder garlic and dried onions work well in a hurry)

1 jar ragu or desired spaghetti sauce

whole wheat pasta

Any dried herbs you wish to add (I always add some)

parmasean cheese if desired

Brown the chicken in the oil with the garlic and onions. Add the sauce and simmer until the chicken is fork tender. Serve over 1/2 c whole wheat spaghetti.

1 c chicken and sauce = 5 pts

1/2 c whole whole pasta = 2 pts

Substitute a spaghetti squash for the pasta = 0 pts

This is my own recipe and my DH loves loves loves it. He'd be fine to eat it every week.

So I did very well with my points yesterday and so far today I'm right on track. Earned 3 AP last night at the gym (cardio night), plan on earning a minimum of 2 more tonight (personal trainer night). It's amazing that after just one day completely OP I didn't feel as bloated this morning when I woke up.

TTFN

No problem.

Oh, I meant to respond to you. Yes, only using the black beans does cut the fat, a lot, but since beans are high in calories the calorie count is about the same. It does lower the point value because of the added fiber.

Ok I see. I haven't done WW in awhile so I forgot what the points go by. I know it's still chocolate so moderation is key..like most things. I'm not in ww (I'm seeing a nutritionist and trying to lose weight before I have gastric bypass) but I still enjoy reading this thread...:)

WOW Mel, thank you so much for the recipes! They all look wonderful!

I'm had my meeting tonight...I was down 1.8 pounds for a grand total of 14! YAY! All in all it was a good week, I fulfilled my goal of exercising twice and stayed on program all week. This week I'm taking Mel's challenge to drink all of my water every day. :D I'm also challenging myself to stick with the activity and get in some kind of activity at least twice again this week.

Have a great week, everyone!

Starting weight - 283.4

Current weight - 269.4 (5% lost)

Short term goal - 255 (10%)

Long term goal - 155

Thanks for the well wishes and the recipes. :)

How many points is the no pudge?

The weight watcher brownies aren't bad and I don't have to bake.:D

Tonight (its after midnight here) my DH and I start meeting with a coach at the Y. Once a week for 8 weeks in addition we have to go to the Y 3x a week.

I haven't worked out in over a year. Should be interesting.

Denise

Guest Crazeecat5

Good morning WW frineds,

Misty....WOW! Congrats girlfriend on a super loss. You are doing awesome. Keep up the good work!

I usually get weighed on Tuesday mornings but I had to wait until tomorrow night. I can't wait to see:)

Wow Misty, another wonderful week in loserville for you. And congrats on the exercising as well.

Denise, you're going to love working with a coach. Getting started exercising is the hardest for me. After I go a few times then I'm into it and miss it if I don't go. Working with a personal trainer/coach for the first time ever has made a world of difference in not only my commitment, but my strengh and stamina as well. It's not as easy to back out of going if you know you have an appointment. And I've gone from curling 5 lbs to curling 15 lbs in one arm. Last night I was bench pressing 50 lbs. You're gonna love it.

Another great OP day yesterday for me. Water challenge.......I drink about 120 oz a day. I only have 1 cup of cranberry juice, 1 cup of coffee and 1 diet coke a day. Otherwise I'm drinking water. For those that have a hard time with water, try crystal light, unsweet tea, lemon water, diet cranberry juice has 5 calories per cup serving.

How many ounces have you had today?

Try this chicken recipe----I've served it to company many times, and always get asked for the recipe! It is GOOOOOODDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crock Pot Chicken

1 pound chicken breasts (can even be FROZEN solid!)

1 packet onion soup mix

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 16 oz sour cream (lt or fat free)

Place chicken in bottom of crock pot

Mix other three ingredients. Pour over chicken.

Cook on high 4 hours, or low 8 hours.

Serve over pasta or rice.

3 oz of chicken with sauce = 4 pts. Add points for rice or pasta. (We like it over noodles)

Good Morning from Canada all!!

WOW those are awesome weight losses happening!!

And my printer is going overtime printing all the wonderful recipes. Thankyou so much. I find planning menus a huge challenge. Now I have some great ideas.:)

My weigh in is Friday, and Thanks Misty, I love good thoughts anytime.

So far, in 2 and a half weeks I have lost 7.8 pounds. It sure would be nice to hit my 10% goal on Friday. Wish me luck! I am still walking twice a day, but never got to Curves yet.

Sheryl, good luck with you weigh in too!

I am having difficulty drinking all the water, that is my goal this week.

Everyone seems to be doing awesome. Keep up the good work!

Mel, thanks for answering Jess' question regarding the brownies.

Jess, keep in mind that all those brownie mixes are extremely high in sugar and that is a weightloss sabatoge from the get-go. If you are considering surgery, I would suggest reading everything you can about life after. Hit the other weight lose surgery message boards for some additional support but the diet is most important. A dear friend of mine experienced major "dumping" after eating too many carrots on a road trip. Yes, carrots. All the carbs converting to sugar will do havoc on a re-plumbed digestive system! Hope the nutritionist will help with your diet plan so you do not have to resort to surgery.;)

I've had 32 ounces of water so far today & I'm still drinking!!

Thanks for all of the happy thoughts everyone, I really appreciate it!

Jane AND Judi - I'm thinking good thoughts for your weigh in today!!

I haven't been on the board for a couple of days and everyone is doing fantanstic!!! You guys all deserve a Happy Dance. Sad to say, my one pound a week didn't work out for me this time. I can only have a little Cha-Cha instead of the Whooping Can-Can!!! I stayed the same, but I do know that it is better than gaining!!:o

Mel, your recipies are awsome...Keep up the good work....

Judi

SW 169.5

CW 147.5 22pounds GONE!!!

GW 135

Thanks to everyone who congratulated me! I'm not doing so well this week. Had to go away for a couple of days and ate out every meal, and even though I tried to watch what I ate, its not the same as eating home.

Congratulations Jane, great weight loss this week. It won't take you long to lose what you gained on the cruise. I am going to look very carefully at my pictures to see if I can see you. While driving yesterday, "We Are the Champions" by Queen came on the radio, and instantly I was back on the deck in St Maartin listening to your ship playing it and everyone singing! Great memories.

Congratulations to everyone, there are some pretty impressive weight losses this week.

Thanks for all the recipes, I will certainly be trying them.

I usually have no problem getting all my liquid in. Now the oil is another story! And because I was away I didn't get to aqua aerobics yet this week, but I plan on going tomorrow night.

Good night all, and good luck with the program.

~Susan

WHO-HOO!! YAY Jane! Keep it up and that cruise weight will be gone in no time!!

Judi!! I'll dance a little can-can for you! Staying the same is OK once in a while & you have a great attitude about it. Hopefully you'll double up next week!

Sheryl-I'm thinking good thoughts for you, sister!

I'm still doing A-OK on my liquids so far...

Thanks for the advice. The nutritionist is actually a part of the weight loss surgery program I'm using. I'm pretty confident at this point about my decision. :)

Everyone seems to be doing awesome. Keep up the good work!

Mel, thanks for answering Jess' question regarding the brownies.

Jess, keep in mind that all those brownie mixes are extremely high in sugar and that is a weightloss sabatoge from the get-go. If you are considering surgery, I would suggest reading everything you can about life after. Hit the other weight lose surgery message boards for some additional support but the diet is most important. A dear friend of mine experienced major "dumping" after eating too many carrots on a road trip. Yes, carrots. All the carbs converting to sugar will do havoc on a re-plumbed digestive system! Hope the nutritionist will help with your diet plan so you do not have to resort to surgery.;)

Guest Crazeecat5

Good morning all,

WOW! Some really great losses here.

I get weighed in tonight. Usually go Tuesday mornings so I am a little worried about getting weighed at night. Hope it doesn't cause too much of a problem.

Have a great day!

Archived