~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

OMG:eek:! I started to do a Happy Dance for Misty, Mel , Lani, Rosemarie, Linda, Susan, Carol and myself and along comes David and puts me into the Can-Can mode!! Good Lord man that is a couple of people you have lost there!! Makes my whining about 33 pounds seem stupid!! Congratulations!! I'm dancing myself into a stupor here!! How long did it take you to lose that much weight? Hey Beth, come on and join us..if nothing else, you can do allot of dancing around here!! Each of us has a great tale to tell about our wonderful WW journey. I'm at goal and am on my fourth week of maintaining!! I'm on my way to Miami Sunday to go on a shot cruise, but I'll be back next Friday and check in with you guys..waiving the skinny wand and hoping everyone stays on track over the Hoiday...Make me dance when I get back..

Judi

Judi, the can-can :D. That is just plain funny. :D

4 weeks maintaining !!!!!!!!! You go gurrlllll.

I hope you enjoy your cruise, though short, and have a great time. {{{{skinny vibes}}}}

Welcome to Beth and David. this is an awesome place to meet people trying to lose weight and succeeding!

David, that is awesome. You will definitely be an inspiration to us all.

I am a week behind. I got weighed on Aug 29 and lost 2.2 pounds. Now I have been on vacation since the 31st and haven't been tracking or counting points. I have been trying to be fairly good, but was not home to get weighed today. I looked up weight watchers meetings before I left home but forgot to bring my book with me. I will get right back on track when I get home and will get weighed next Sat as usual.

Good luck to all for a good week.

Susan

Hi Susan, good luck at your next weigh in. And I think, not positive, that you can still go to any WW location (in the USA) and give them your name and address and be able to at least weigh in and see what your weight is without having the book.

{{{{skinny vibes}}}} for your next WI.

It is going to take me awhile to recognize all of you but I cheer every time I read a success story and send encouragement to each of you that are struggling. It sure helps having a place like this to come to. Monday is my usual meeting night and there will be no meeting this Monday. I am leaving for a cruise on Friday so plan to visit the Thursday meeting to get an idea where I am at. I plan to do a lot of walking on this cruise.

Carol

Way to go Carol to find another meeting before your cruise.

Have a fabulous time and {{{{skinny vibes}}}} while on your cruise.

I just found this thread and would love to join in the conversation.

Start Weight - 272

Current Weight - 205

Goal Weight - 140

In October 2008, I went into Congestive Heart Failure. Being a single Mom (39 yrs) of two sons, this was a true awakening. My ex-husband is not around, so I am both mom and dad to my 12 & 14 year old boys. I tried losing weight on my own and was only able to get off 10lbs. In May 2009 my best friend talked me into going to WW with her. The support is wonderful. Since May, I'm down 57lbs.

We are going on our first cruise in November and am worried about putting any weight back on during our vacation. In June I set a goal to be under 200lbs before the cruise....and i am working very hard going to the gym everyday and doing aerobics three times a week...to ensure I make it. :o

I am worried about putting weight back on during the cruise. I have worked too hard to lose it and don't want to slide.

I've heard that Carnival has a Spa Menu? I'm assuming this is a low-fat menu. I like to be in control of my points, and get nervous when eating out. I'm a little neurotic I guess.

Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Dawn

Thank you Mel for the good vibes. I am going to have fun. I bought a pedometer so I can count steps. I know I will use more points and I want to make sure I compensate by being as active as I can. I am going to make my husband happy and take the stairs rather then the elevator. I will be playing in the ocean one day, and that has to use up some calories. Dawn, I do know they have a spa menu. Never been interested before but this time I will try and choose from that option. I have gotten feedback that some people have gone on cruises and actually lost weight. Let's be one of them.

Carol

David, your words tell so much. I loved reading your journey and can relate to a lot of it. Weight loss is not just about eating less. There is so much more to it and it takes a lot for people to also help themselves from the inside as well. I was just telling my DH over the weekend that I want to start eating like a skinny person. We had pizza Saturday, my DH and my Son, and I did order ours with veggies only and very little cheese. My Son ordered a pepperoni and with lots of cheese. So we sit down to eat and I told myself that I was only going to have 1 slice (this place cuts them huge) and then walk away. I was completely satisfied, hunger wise, with 1 slice but as soon as I finished that one I got a 2nd slice. My mind instantly went to a 2nd slice while I was eating the last few bites of the first. My Son sat there after 1 slice and talked a bit and watched a little more TV (we were watching a football game) and he never got up to get a 2nd slice. I offered to get him another one when I got up to get us another but he responded that he would get another one in a minute. That was when I realized that he doesn't see food like I do. He doesn't have that mentality that he must eat his share of food before someone else gets it. I think deep down I feel the need to eat "my fair share" before it's gone as if it will never be there again. I'm not sure where that is coming from as there was always plenty when I was growing up and I'm not the president of the "clean my plate" club either. Lots of things to think about and reflect on.

I'm so glad you've joined our group.

Did you attend weekly meetings or on line? Did you feel your leader contributed a great deal to your success?

And a big WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO for the marathons. The most I've ever done is a 10k and I probably won't ever be running again. (knee problems) I do enjoy running and will try again when I'm closer to my overall goal weight in hopes that will make all the difference in the world with my knee.

Your girlfriend/fiance sounds like a wonderful woman and a tremendous support system.

I attended WW meetings for the first 16weeks and then my gf and I supported each other and completed the process by ourselves. We continued to use the point system and used the information from WW. This is the reason why WW will not acknowledge my weight loss nor will they allow me to teach classes. You have to be a part of the program and attend classes the entire time to be a lifetime member. I understand the logic, but I know I can help people lose weight. The mind set of losing weight is important, I still struggle with "my share" but it does get easier, as years go by, so keep challenging yourself as you will see the change.

Thanks for the kind words on the marathon, it was my biggest achievement in my life to date.

Keep your head up and remember one meal one choice!

David

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

I just had to post to say, David...you are my inspiration! You look fantastic. Your attitude about weight is right where I want mine to be! I have a question for you:

When you were at your highest weight, did you have trouble walking and/or arthritis? You see, I have arthritis in my knees and have difficulty walking. However, after losing almost 20 lbs. and going to physical therapy, I am feeling a bit better. Except for the pt exercises, I don't do much movement. Am trying to get my head into pushing my feet! Would love to get into a walking routine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just found this thread and would love to join in the conversation.

Start Weight - 272

Current Weight - 205

Goal Weight - 140

In October 2008, I went into Congestive Heart Failure. Being a single Mom (39 yrs) of two sons, this was a true awakening. My ex-husband is not around, so I am both mom and dad to my 12 & 14 year old boys. I tried losing weight on my own and was only able to get off 10lbs. In May 2009 my best friend talked me into going to WW with her. The support is wonderful. Since May, I'm down 57lbs.

We are going on our first cruise in November and am worried about putting any weight back on during our vacation. In June I set a goal to be under 200lbs before the cruise....and i am working very hard going to the gym everyday and doing aerobics three times a week...to ensure I make it. :o

I am worried about putting weight back on during the cruise. I have worked too hard to lose it and don't want to slide.

I've heard that Carnival has a Spa Menu? I'm assuming this is a low-fat menu. I like to be in control of my points, and get nervous when eating out. I'm a little neurotic I guess.

Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Dawn

Dawn, losing and cruising in the same sentence seems silly but we can do this. You have done a fantabulous job on your weight loss so far and by now you've figured out what works and doesn't work for you. There will be plenty of healthy options at every meal along with the not so healthy. One rule I've implemented on myself these days in regards to cookies, cakes, ice cream, brownies, pizza, etc... is if it doesn't taste sinfully delicious then it's not worth the points. (my pizza the other day was worth the points :o) I can only speak for Princess but I'm sure the other cruise lines have basically the same things but at breakfast we could get egg beaters. Have an egg beater omelet with ham and just a little cheese for breakfast with fresh fruit. They had cereal choices, oatmeal, toasted english muffins. Allow yourself to have bacon one morning if you love it but just keep to 2 pieces. Or 1 slice of sausage. For lunch there were tons of veggie choices, baked chicken, fish, pasta, tomato based sauces, always fresh fruit and salad. Dinner is where I plan on splurging. I ate things I've never had before and deserts to die for. don't deprive yourself all day, everyday. Enjoy the cruise. There is a full gym on board so take advantage of that everyday and always take the stairs. If eating out really makes you nervous go do some preparatory meals out. Challenge yourself to make good choices, ask them not to bring the bread basket, journal everything, and make sure your food is absolutely delicious. Eating out gets easier with some practice.

I hope that helps. And welcome to our group. We have a great one here!!!!

I attended WW meetings for the first 16weeks and then my gf and I supported each other and completed the process by ourselves. We continued to use the point system and used the information from WW. This is the reason why WW will not acknowledge my weight loss nor will they allow me to teach classes. You have to be a part of the program and attend classes the entire time to be a lifetime member. I understand the logic, but I know I can help people lose weight. The mind set of losing weight is important, I still struggle with "my share" but it does get easier, as years go by, so keep challenging yourself as you will see the change.

Thanks for the kind words on the marathon, it was my biggest achievement in my life to date.

Keep your head up and remember one meal one choice!

David

David, you have my vote to be our WW leader. :D

Hi all,

I just had to post to say, David...you are my inspiration! You look fantastic. Your attitude about weight is right where I want mine to be! I have a question for you:

When you were at your highest weight, did you have trouble walking and/or arthritis? You see, I have arthritis in my knees and have difficulty walking. However, after losing almost 20 lbs. and going to physical therapy, I am feeling a bit better. Except for the pt exercises, I don't do much movement. Am trying to get my head into pushing my feet! Would love to get into a walking routine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I had plenty of pain in my knees and ankles when I started; it hurt to walk up the stairs! I purchased a stop watch and walked a one mile loop and timed myself and each day I had to bet the previous day by one second, if they meant I had to "waddle" faster over the last few steps I forced myself to do it. Set small goals and remember to choose the right foods for snacks. It is ok to have splurge every now and then, but remember the reason you want to lose the weight! The slogan I taught my finance was (which I made her repeat numerous times a day) is I beautiful and number one to me! Remind yourself you are beautiful and no one is more important in your life then yourself. It is a hard concept to grasp, I Understand, but to truly make your life change you have to put yourself first. No more excuses! (tough love)

You can make the change!

David

one meal one choice

Dawn, losing and cruising in the same sentence seems silly but we can do this. You have done a fantabulous job on your weight loss so far and by now you've figured out what works and doesn't work for you. There will be plenty of healthy options at every meal along with the not so healthy. One rule I've implemented on myself these days in regards to cookies, cakes, ice cream, brownies, pizza, etc... is if it doesn't taste sinfully delicious then it's not worth the points. (my pizza the other day was worth the points :o) I can only speak for Princess but I'm sure the other cruise lines have basically the same things but at breakfast we could get egg beaters. Have an egg beater omelet with ham and just a little cheese for breakfast with fresh fruit. They had cereal choices, oatmeal, toasted english muffins. Allow yourself to have bacon one morning if you love it but just keep to 2 pieces. Or 1 slice of sausage. For lunch there were tons of veggie choices, baked chicken, fish, pasta, tomato based sauces, always fresh fruit and salad. Dinner is where I plan on splurging. I ate things I've never had before and deserts to die for. don't deprive yourself all day, everyday. Enjoy the cruise. There is a full gym on board so take advantage of that everyday and always take the stairs. If eating out really makes you nervous go do some preparatory meals out. Challenge yourself to make good choices, ask them not to bring the bread basket, journal everything, and make sure your food is absolutely delicious. Eating out gets easier with some practice.

I hope that helps. And welcome to our group. We have a great one here!!!!

I would like to add something here as well. While cruising you have the luxury to train your brain and body it is ok to waste food. I know this is a concept most of us are not familiar with, however, throwing away food is acceptable and I highly encourage it! On the cruise, try something; if you do not LOVE IT, do not eat it, the food is paid for already. You will feel uncomfortable throwing the first several plates away, but don't, WE have the right and obligation to ourselves to eat what taste great as the points/calories we consume are truly a luxury at this point.

When I was losing weight, I went on 4 cruises and lost weight on all of them. I worked out, ate reasonable, sometimes had two desserts and at the end of the cruise the scale was in my favor. Going on vacation should not change your ability to follow the plan you have set for yourself, if anything cruising should make it easier.

Another tip is to avoid all of the different feeding opportunities, I took an apple or some fruit from breakfast for my mid morning snack, so I did not tempt myself by going back to the buffets. NEVER eat the midnight or chocolate buffets, you are not missing anything!

:p

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

Today is my weigh in day. I am a bit apprehensive because I know how I ate on the cruise. However, I am so proud of myself that I was able to get right back on track as soon as I got home. So, I've had 3 great "on program" days. Hope they might have held down some of the damage! LOL

David....thank you so much for your encouraging words. I wish I could start off with a mile but I can just about make a 10 minute walk for now. I will keep rereading your posts and looking at your pics to get me going!

Morning all,

Hey Sheryl, I wasn't able to get back to the boards yesterday afternoon so right after I post I'm going over to the roll call.

{{{{skinny vibes}}}} to all that have WI today. I know Sheryl and I do so I'll start the happy dance before hand to burn a few more calories.

Waving the magic wand over everyone for a great OP day.

Thank you for joining us, David. I really like hearing the advice from someone who has "done it" and appreciate your insight. A lot of what you said really has me thinking... Especially the part about being beautiful and number one. I must admit I do struggle with both of those thoughts.

Welcome to Dawn & Beth too!!! Thanks for joining us!!

OK, last week was not good for me, but I'm still here and still pushing. I really need to rekindle the motivation that led me to WW in the first place. But, I am happy to report that I tracked everything yesterday and was within my points. So, this week is off to a good start.

Stats for this week's weigh-in -

Starting weight - 283.4

Current weight - 264.2 (29.2 lost)

Short term goal - 255 (10%)

Long term goal - 155

Change this week - +1.6

Goal for this last week - write down everything I eat and fully calculate the points for at least 4 days - I missed this goal, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

Goal for this week - Track Everything and stay within my points (using Flex points).

Sending out thin thoughts for your weigh-in, Sheryl!!

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi Misty,

I am so glad to see you back here. I know what you mean about feeling good about yourself. It's hard to think we are beautiful when what we see in the mirror does not reflect that. Guess for now, we have to look past that and into ourselves. That's where our beauty lies right now. Our outer bodies will catch up someday! Keep up the good work...I know you can do it!

I stayed the same yesterday at my weigh in, a bit depressing but hopefully it will shift this coming week!!!! I went and had my haircut today :) I will be earning lots of AP on Saturday night as i'm taking part in a 10 mile walk, raising money for a local childrens hospice. It's a "midnight walk" starting at....................midnight!!!!!! I hope i can stay awake. Next year i'm doing a challenge raising money for Diabetes, so this is a trial run both walking and wearing in my boots. :eek::eek:

Hello Everyone, I've been really busy with work and had a hard time getting on the boards but I'm back.

Welcome David. Congrats to you. I am sure you will have great advise to continue to pass on to us. Welcome to Dawn & Beth also.

Weigh in today, and I was down 1.6 lbs. Slow & steady.

barkingmad: don't despair, I'll bet you're really going to drop after your midnight run. Good for you. I am impressed.

I am re-committing to tracking my points all day long. It's easy to let time slip by and try to do it all at the evening meal.

I struggle to eat my breakfast & lunch. I am doing better and will continue to make the best effort I can.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

Rosemarie

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

Ok, I weighed in. It wasn't pretty but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.....up 3 lbs. I should be able to take that off in about 3 weeks. I'm OK with it. Glad I'm back on track now.

Have a skinny week all.

GAPeaches...Thanks for the support and suggestions. I am now more motivated than before. I'm looking forward to doing things that I never would have been able to do before losing weight...Parasailing, climbing the Ruins in Belize, and Jetsking in Grand Cayman. Although I am only halfway to my goal weight...I definatly feel and look much better.

I took your advise and went for dinner the other night. It wasnt that difficult to find healthier selections...However the salt content is outrageous.

A friend told me about about a great website which gives info abour Carnival ships.

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com

They have several great pages. The sample menus are also listed.

Hi all,

Ok, I weighed in. It wasn't pretty but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.....up 3 lbs. I should be able to take that off in about 3 weeks. I'm OK with it. Glad I'm back on track now.

Have a skinny week all.

The nice thing about getting all worked up is that it usually isn't as bad as we imagine. 3 pounds isn't so bad, especially since you're already back on track!! Kudos to you, Sheryl. And thank you also for your words of encouragement. I'm still plugging along. Yesterday was another successful day & I'm aiming to have another one today! ;)

Archived