Newbie sign and sail card ?

We are a family of four and I have registered us on our funpass with one credit card. We only have one Visa credit card.... will they put one pre-authorized hold on the card for all of us or one for each of us? For example...I have heard that they put a $500 hold on the card... will it be $500 for each ($2000) or $500 for all of us?

Just curious as we will be using it in Orlando as well... hotels and parks?

Wondering if I should up our limit ?

Jen

We are a family of four and I have registered us on our funpass with one credit card. We only have one Visa credit card.... will they put one pre-authorized hold on the card for all of us or one for each of us? For example...I have heard that they put a $500 hold on the card... will it be $500 for each ($2000) or $500 for all of us?

Just curious as we will be using it in Orlando as well... hotels and parks?

Wondering if I should up our limit ?

Jen

Jen... dunno about the hotels in Orlando but you might want to ask that question on our homeports board...

Regarding the Sail and Sign card, if all four cards are on one card there will be a single hold of $200 for a seven day cruise.

Now, if you want, you can have a separate account for the children. That will prevent them from spending dollars on your card. You can put cash on those account to let them use the machines in the arcade and make some small purchases in the shops...

Hope this helps!!!

Hi Jen,

I was wondering the same thing so I looked at the FAQs on the Carnival website, here's what I found:

The following dollar amounts, per guest, are used as a deposit when the Sail & Sign Account is opened:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

It looks like it's $200 per person (pp). So does that mean $200 per person for everyone that is tied to that single credit card? Not sure after reading Host Machs post...

See you soon!

Ted

Hi Jen,

I was wondering the same thing so I looked at the FAQs on the Carnival website, here's what I found:

The following dollar amounts, per guest, are used as a deposit when the Sail & Sign Account is opened:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

It looks like it's $200 per person (pp). So does that mean $200 per person for everyone that is tied to that single credit card? Not sure after reading Host Machs post...

See you soon!

Ted

Before I got divorced my ex and I sailed on the Carnival Inspiration from New Orleans... We were both on one account and there was a single $200 hold placed on my card...

Unless something has changed it should be a single $200 hold...

You can always set the kids up on a seperate account and buy the funship dollars to preload their OBC in the amount you want them to have for the week. I just $300 on our on board account last night for our upcoming cruise. Will add more over the next few weeks. That way I won't have a link a card at all.

I will preload the kids accounts next year for their cruise too. If they spend it all on the first day then they just won't have any extra spending $$ the rest of the week.

Thanks for all the answers.... when I called to preload the cards...the agent I talked to in special orders (I think) told me that I could not preload any accts under 21. So I could not put any on my sons (18) and my daughters (9). Sounds like I should have said thank you and called again later. When I get there I will put cash on their accts. I think it is great that they can spend it on whatever they want but then when they have reached their limit they are cut off. ;)

Thanks again and Hey Ted...see YOU soon !!!

Jen

Don't call. Just buy fun ship dollars on the carnival site. Go to gift certificates, purchase how much you want. Then put in the booking # and on board credit instead of an address. They'll send you an email saying it was credited as OBC.

Archived