Roll Call Viking Legend Aug 16 2009

ddean52

Viking sent us a letter last saturday! very, very happy to hear that viking is a go for july. i have still have this nagigng fear that there will be more legend delays...Im sure all of this will be ok. good luck to you for july!! let us know if you discover any more info.

dean

We have been confirmed that we are on the inaugural cruise for the Viking Legend. I guess this means the ship will be sold out. Once home, I will let you know how the cruise went. We get home on July 22nd to welcome guests from Japan the same day, so it may take me a few days to post.

We will try not to spill any red wine:D on the carpet so that it looks brand new for you. We will also try not to spill any milk at breakfast too.:D We are planning on buying wine while in Germany and having our pre dinner drink rather than purchasing wine aboard. We were not impressed with the wine selection in China last July.

We have been confirmed that we are on the inaugural cruise for the Viking Legend. I guess this means the ship will be sold out. Once home, I will let you know how the cruise went. We get home on July 22nd to welcome guests from Japan the same day, so it may take me a few days to post.

since your on the inaugural cruise....make sure they work out all of the "bugs" for our aug 16th cruise:D

We will try not to spill any red wine:D on the carpet so that it looks brand new for you. We will also try not to spill any milk at breakfast too.:D We are planning on buying wine while in Germany and having our pre dinner drink rather than purchasing wine aboard. We were not impressed with the wine selection in China last July.

no fuss,

we were equally unimpressed with with the wine list and it would have cost us $1200 for both of us since the wine program must requires all members of a booking to participate!

I plan to buy wine in each port and chill bottles in our cabin using a trash can liner.

I don't normally pay attention to prices but $1200 is a bit over the edge.:D

Dean

That is the way we felt about the price. Neither of us are big drinkers and a bottle of wine normally does us 2 days, unless the kids are helping us drink it:eek: and then it is good only for one day. Very few people actually take advantage of the drink package because one of the couples does not drink much and the other would just break even.:D

Wow ... I had heard that a drink package was offered on Viking but didn't realize that it was that expensive. :eek: On our trip last year with Avalon our bar bill, telecommunications bill, and laundry bill was only 99 Euros .. and that didn't include our wine at dinner which was complimentary but did contain our Happy Hour glasses of wine. Both of us would have had to drink all day long to pay those prices ...

Yes, it is that expensive and I believe on our trip to China only one couple took advantage of the drink package. Everyone else paid as they went, and did not spend anywhere close to what the drink package cost. The part that got me is that all people in the cabin had to participate rather than just the one who wanted to partake.

We're doing the Viking's Rhine trip in August. I gather from the above discussion that Viking does not care if you bring wine on board. Is that correct? Is there a fee for having them open the wine at dinner?

We were in France several years ago and had many wonderful (and cheap, compared to US prices). We both love to try local wines. I thought the wine package looked outrageous.

no, bring what ever you want on board. we had our june cruise on legend washed out. and viking, trying to make the situation as 'right" as possible has given alice and i a wine package! have a great trip. wish we could connect with some of the folks on our sailing! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <S>

Just rec. good news. Because our June cruise was canceled Viking is giving us the "wine-bev." package! Viking it seems is trying to make our "situation" as right as they can! The value of the package is about $1000 us.

On a lesser note some corp. type at Viking is dragging his feet about about eating the cost of changing our flight tickets. As though we should past the cost??????????????

IF ANYONE FROM VIKING IS READING THIS POST..WHATS THE DEAL??? JUST DO THE RIGHT THING! Our plan was to use Viking in China next cruise..now we will take a wait and see approach...see how this plays put!!!

We have done many ocean cruises and now we are into a river and barge mode. HEAR THAT VIKING!!

MOST IMPORTANTLY, we are still looking for folks on our cruise. There will be only 198 people on this cruise..still some of you most be using cruise critic!!

Everyone have a great weekend. And if your with us please post!:cool::D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived