"Thriller Speed Boat Ride to Cate Caulker"?-fun?

mackie

• 3 weeks later...

Will be taking the Thriller Boat in January - have prebooked through Princess. Have heard good things about it and here is a recent post about the Thriller I found on another tread:

"We went to Belize last year on the Nordic Empress and the excursion we booked was the "Thriller Boat Ride." I know that Princess also offers this although I don't know if they offer it for every stop at Belize. We loved this tour -- it's a 1,000-hp boat that rides at about 65mph across the water to an island about 50 miles offshore. The island was wonderful. There were no paved roads, no cars, no fancy hotels, etc. You can rent a golf cart for about $6/2 hours to drive around and sightsee on the island, which is what we did. There was snorkling, swimming and other water activities if you wanted to do them. The restaurant at the dock was fabulous -- best shrimp I've ever had. We found the people very friendly, unaffected by tourism, and not pushy. There's a shopping area right where you're tendered to and if you asked in a store if they had something and they didn't, they'd take you over to another store that did. This was a delightful port. We'd go back anytime".

This posting was exactly what I was hoping that the excursion would be. The Carnival website for excursions has a great picture of the Thriller.

Hope this helps.

CaptainR

Archived