Spirit Photo Package

stevans106

Just wondering about the Spirit photo package. We sail next Sunday :p and I wondered if anyone just off the Spirit could verify the all photos for one price deal and what they are now offering. It seems like some of the more recent posts show a gradual price increase and I wondered what we might expect to pay. Thanks! Stephanie:)

Curt or Jersey, what were the restrictions? I will have ( Officially ) my two kids with me in one room. Then my wife and a daughters friend are in another room. In reality the two girls will be in one room and my wife and I and our boy in the other.

We also have wifes parents, brother and wife, sister, etc...

If I do photo frenzy what were the rules? What do you think I could get away with?

Thanks...

I'm glad you posted, we are taking our Daughter and her Husband and 2 yr. old grandson so we want be able to get pictures of us as a group and individually since we are in two seperate cabins I wasn't sure until I read your post if this would work. Thanks

THis must be new! We spent well over $150 last year on photos and didn't even get all the ones we want. What exactly is the $79 covering? Does this photo frenzy only include a certain number of pictures or all pictures you want? I would love more details!!!!!!!

THis must be new! We spent well over $150 last year on photos and didn't even get all the ones we want. What exactly is the $79 covering? Does this photo frenzy only include a certain number of pictures or all pictures you want? I would love more details!!!!!!!

I know we have spent a fortune on pics too. It just started this month (apparently) and it is any and all pictures as long as you are in the picture all you can handle. I know I will be doing it on my next cruise.

I know we have spent a fortune on pics too. It just started this month (apparently) and it is any and all pictures as long as you are in the picture all you can handle. I know I will be doing it on my next cruise.

Me too!!! Our 5 year old was like a little model for all the photographers last year and they were all so good, we just couldn't afford to buy all the of them, I am so excited to hear about this package!

Anyone know how to go about purchasing it? Do you have to do it at the beginning of the cruise or just when you go to pay at the photo place?

Me too!!! Our 5 year old was like a little model for all the photographers last year and they were all so good, we just couldn't afford to buy all the of them, I am so excited to hear about this package!

Anyone know how to go about purchasing it? Do you have to do it at the beginning of the cruise or just when you go to pay at the photo place?

We heard via another that just got off the Gem that it was an offer put out the first day but then it was also offered on the last day. I would think the purchase would be made at the photo area

We sailed the NCL Spirit a few weeks ago. It was the first cruise they did this for. We could sign up the first 3 days. Can't remember if they extended this or not because we signed up the first day. We are a family of 7, my husband and I and 5 children. I wasn't going to pay $79 per cabin (we of course had two cabins). It was per account so both cabins were covered. We only put down one credit card for both cabins. Things to consider if traveling with a group in regards to the photos:

Anyone in the picture that has the photo package can go and pick up the picture under "their package". For example, we travel with extended family and friends. We had 10 kids. At dinner, they would take a picture of us as a group and then usually the kids. Well, you may want to all go together to get the pictures and divide them up because if someone in the group goes first, they can take all of them if their child is in it (they usually printed a 5 x 7 and a sheet of wallets). Also, for example, a bunch of teens made friends and hung out together (my son included). They took a bunch of pics as a group but I didn't get any of them because they were all gone before I got there (would have liked at least one small one).

Usually for the "formal shots" in front of the backgrounds, they printed 8 x 10's. For shots around the ship, that shot they take right when you get off of the ship on a port day, and for dinner, they usually printed a 5 x7 and a sheet with a 3 x 5 and 2 wallets. For the port days, it has a border on it with the date and the name of the port (bright and colorful borders).

The line for pictures on most nights (the one with the formal back drop), was about a 15 to 20 min. wait. They usually had 3 options for backgrounds and 3 photographers working.

When we signed up, they told us that we had to have the person in the picture with us when we picked them up (meaning, I had to have a child with me) but that wasn't the case. They gave them to me anyone with just my keycard. You need the keycard of the person that actually signs up when checking out. Meaning, I couldn't use my husbands or child's card, only my card. My husband could not pick up pictures without me.

So, if this great package is still an option, go for it and make an effort to take as many pictures as you can! You can come home with a huge stack! Also, don't forget to look hard and write down the pictures you took because you WILL forget all of the ones you took. Also, you children may get some taken in the Kids' Camp so you need to look for those too.

We purchased the Photo Frenzy Pass on the first day. When we saw the sign advertising the price we bought it. They were selling the package in the atrium area when we first walked on.

When you purchase the pass they give you a card with your cabin number written on it and you have to sign the sign card. This card must be presented when checking out photos in the photo shop.

The photo pass list the following information:

Limitations

Photo pass must be presented to photo staff when photos are collected

Guest must be in the photo they collect from photo gallery

Signature required at time of collection

Photo pass will be available for each person within the same cabin account

When we collected the photos and checked out, they never looked at the photos to see who was in them. You never know what the next crew member may do, you may get one that looks at the pictures to see if you are in any of them.

I just counted all of our photos and we had 15 - 8x10's and 32 - 5x7's. For $79 I think we did pretty good.:D

Wow, it was something like 120$ or 140$ a few years ago. I didn't purchase it, way too expensive but for 79$, I'm sure way more people will take the package (but then NCL will probably start to sell the package for more $... you know how they are).

The photo package they were offering was $99 for all the pix. We didn't do that package. Individuals were $15.99. Be prepared for nickle and dime for everything.

When we booked we were led to believe children were $6 a day. Well, children are full price much to our dismay. Anyone else run into this?

We sailed on the Star in Jan and there's no comparison to the Spirit. The Star was really nice but the Spirit left alot to be desired. :(

The photo package they were offering was $99 for all the pix. We didn't do that package. Individuals were $15.99. Be prepared for nickle and dime for everything.

When we booked we were led to believe children were $6 a day. Well, children are full price much to our dismay. Anyone else run into this?

We sailed on the Star in Jan and there's no comparison to the Spirit. The Star was really nice but the Spirit left alot to be desired. :(

$99 on which ship. When? But you didn't do that package, but got nickle and dimed for everything. Does that mean you SHOULD or SHOULDN'T do the package?

Children were $6 a day for WHAT? And what was full price?

And if you are going to say there is NO comparison between the Spirit and the Star, please give some reasons, don't just throw that out there. It helps no one...

This is the second time I've run into you post putting down the Spirit but you don't give any details.

Where were you led to believe $6 for children a day?? It sounds like you didn't do your homework.

It looks like they are still trying to decide what the final price will be. On this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=947471[url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=947471&highlight=frenzy][/url] the price was $89, this was on the Gem. We had a crew member tell us that this was something new and they they were looking for feed back. She gave us a comment card to tell them how much we liked it.

I'm assuming the $6/day you are referring to is the tip charge, which was $12/day for adults, and $6/day for children. This change has been well publicized and debated. The main factor here is the economy, a "no brainer", as every business is struggling to make it. A related debate is the justification for raising the tip charge for children vs. adults, that being does a child require more, less, or the same staff attention than adult. Check the main board for that one!

Noting that your post count is low, you may not have spent much time on the board to come across these discussions, so maybe your TA or other advisers are to blame for you not knowing the change.

As for "nickel" diming, please elaborate!

There are other charges assessed once you are on a ship, but consider what your bottom line would be if the related expenses were included in your price, and you would be charged for features and services you did not opt to receive. For example, few cruise lines include alcohol drinks. Same goes for the spa, specialty restaurants, baby sitting, photos, premium ice cream, soda cards, etc.

Archived