Anyone stay at the Sheraton Hotel Marine in San Diego

marcyjane

Cruising from San Diego on a Mexican Riviera cruise on the HAL Oosterdam in December and just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Sheraton Hotel & Marine near the cruise port pre or post cruise.

Thanks,

Marcy

Yes, I have stayed there twice pre cruise. It is very nice, close to both airport and cruise port. They have a shuttle from the airport, a taxi to the cruise pier will cost approx $10. Both times I have had oceanview and was able to watch the ships sail in. They also have several computers set up in the lobby with free internet so checking / sending emails is a breeze.

Have Fun!

Thanks, sounds good!!.

Could you tell me if there is a market or store in walking distance for anything we might have forgot and need to pick up. We usually take some soda on board as well, couple of pack of 16oz. Diet Mt. Dew. Got to have that DEW!!!!

Thanks,

Marcy

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking back in to see if anyone else had any more comments on the Sheraton and what might be close to do for a afternoon in walking distance.

Thanks so much in advance for any info will be helpful.

Marcy:)

That's the one on Harbor Island, right? There's nothing outside the hotel grounds to do in walking distance, unless you want to walk quite far. Harbor Island is hotels, marinas, restaurants, no shops except whatever boutiques are in the hotels. There's a nice path along the bay side, if you're walking for exercise or to admire the scenery.

Cabs to other parts of town should not be too expensive. If I had only an afternoon and were staying on Harbor Island, I'd probably go to Old Town and wander around the State Historic Park, also the adjacent neighborhood with its shops and restaurants, and walk up to the Presidio and Heritage Park.

If you need to stop at a grocery store before going to the ship, I think the Ralph's at 1st and G would be the closest major chain store to the pier. There are also 7-Elevens around if you want something more like that.

Yes, That's the one it's on Harbor Island road from the hotel's web site it looks so pretty with the sail boats all around.

Thank you so much maybe we will be able to get our shuttle/taxi driver to stop on route from the airport to hotel at a 7-11.

Thanks,

Marcy

Well, there's no 7-Eleven between the airport and the hotel -- in fact there's nothing between the airport and hotel, they're basically across the street from each other. You'll have better luck en route from the hotel to the ship.

Archived