Snorkeling in Costa Maya

thefish

Per the RCI web site It looks like the Rhapsody of the Sea will be porting at Costa Maya instead of Grand Cayman for the rest of 2004.

How is the reef snorkeling in Costa Maya. Can it be done from the docking area or the beach in town?

Thanks -

Hello, My husband and I were there 2 years ago and we loved it. If you really like to snorkel without a lot of people it is a great place. I would call the area "rustic". The Port of Costa Maya is a small shopping area. Venders are very pushy. We found a small booth outside of the main area where we paid $25 for a hour and a half guided snorkel tour. We also got a banana boat ride out of the deal too. It was great. The boat was old and the guide was pretty rough looking, but it just added to it. We are leaving on Sat. on the Grandeur and will be in Costa Maya on Wed. That was the main reason we booked this cruise. A lot of people don't like the feel of Costa Maya, they say it is a waste of time. I disagree.If you are going to snorkel you will need to go on an excursion. The reef is a little ways out and the shore is rocky. This time we are going with Blue Ha diving. I have already made reservations. Save your money and book it yourself. I think their website is www.bluehadiving.com I haven't snorkeled a huge amount, but I thought it was great here. Take Care

Archived