Fantasy docking in Cozumel

Jazul

Anyone who has been on the Fantasy recently, can you please tell me which pier you docked at in Cozumel? Was it the one that puts you right in the middle of the downtown shopping district, or one of the piers that are about 3 miles from town. We'll be going in about 3 weeks and are wondering if we need to pack tennis shoes for a long walk. Thanks,

Anyone who has been on the Fantasy recently, can you please tell me which pier you docked at in Cozumel? Was it the one that puts you right in the middle of the downtown shopping district, or one of the piers that are about 3 miles from town. We'll be going in about 3 weeks and are wondering if we need to pack tennis shoes for a long walk. Thanks,

Expect to dock at Puerta Maya. It's a six dollar cab ride to San Miguel for up to four people.

Here's the latest price list:

IMG_2927.jpg

Let me rephrase my original question. I am actually interested to know if anyone who has just returned from the 4 night Fantasy, with a Saturday docking in Cozumel, can tell me where the ship was docked in relation to the downtown shopping district. There should only be 1 other small Carnival ship in port, and 1 small Royal Caribbean ship, so I am hoping the Fantasy is not docked 3+ miles away from downtown. Thank you.

Let me rephrase my original question. I am actually interested to know if anyone who has just returned from the 4 night Fantasy, with a Saturday docking in Cozumel, can tell me where the ship was docked in relation to the downtown shopping district. There should only be 1 other small Carnival ship in port, and 1 small Royal Caribbean ship, so I am hoping the Fantasy is not docked 3+ miles away from downtown. Thank you.

I was on the Fantasy a month ago for a five night that included Coz. We docked at Puerta Maya which is the pier that's over three miles from San Miguel. Expect to do the same as Carnival OWNS that pier and the shopping area adjacent...

The cab rates above were from Puerta Maya to the listed locations.

Here are some pictures from our visit to Cozumel on Fantasy on Saturday, February 14, 2009.

We docked at Puerta Maya -

2209794440101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

2819214630101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

You could see Fantasy and Ecstasy from Chankanaab Park.

2737787760101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

The ships docked at Puerta Maya

2034239510101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

Dessert at dinner that night

2935358690101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

Am glad to hear from someone who just returned from this cruise with a Saturday in Cozumel. Thanks for the info. One more question though: Since you mention being able to see the ships from Chankanaab, do you know about how far Chankanaab is from this pier? I'm wondering if we could walk/jog there. Further or closer than the downtown shopping district?

I was on the 2/16/09 5 day cruise and we docked at downtown Punta Langosta because there were 3 Carnival ships in town that day. The Ecstasy and the other Carnival ship docked at Puerta Maya and we docked at Punta Langosta.

We were told of this by Big Tex the night before during the show.

Archived