Moving down an age group in Kids Club?

happygal74

Our boys are 7 and 5 (almost 6). I called and got the standard, "nope, we're very firm on age limits and you cannot move your 5 year old up to the 6-8 group."

We'll try talking to the leader of the program nicely when we are on board too. :)

But here is my question, I know I have the option to move my older son down an age group (to the 2-5 year olds) but do they keep all of the 2-5 year olds together or do they break it down into smaller groups? Do they do activities for the 2-3 year olds and then the 4-5? I worry quite a bit abour boredom and age appropriate-activities already. But they boys really want to stay together and experience "camp on the cruise" together.

Advice?

Our boys are 7 and 5 (almost 6). I called and got the standard, "nope, we're very firm on age limits and you cannot move your 5 year old up to the 6-8 group."

We'll try talking to the leader of the program nicely when we are on board too. :)

But here is my question, I know I have the option to move my older son down an age group (to the 2-5 year olds) but do they keep all of the 2-5 year olds together or do they break it down into smaller groups? Do they do activities for the 2-3 year olds and then the 4-5? I worry quite a bit abour boredom and age appropriate-activities already. But they boys really want to stay together and experience "camp on the cruise" together.

Advice?

My experience recently on the Carnival Spirit with my 4.5yo was that, they do break up the 2-5 year olds for some activities. While they keep them all together in the same room, they do some activities in shifts, and in those cases the 2-3 year olds doa shift & the 4-5 year olds do a shift. If they are doing story time or a movie at night etc... they are all together.

• Administrators

Advice?

Could I inquire -- which cruiseline gives the parent the option of moving an older child (age 6, 7 or 8, I think from your post?) down to a group with 2 year olds? I didn't see any link to a line in your signature -- but my SIL who has a 30 month old is thinking about a cruise -- and the thought of that little one in a "group" with a kid the same age/size as my third graders gives me pause, so I was wondering on what line is this permitted by parent request?

Could I inquire -- which cruiseline gives the parent the option of moving an older child (age 6, 7 or 8, I think from your post?) down to a group with 2 year olds? I didn't see any link to a line in your signature -- but my SIL who has a 30 month old is thinking about a cruise -- and the thought of that little one in a "group" with a kid the same age/size as my third graders gives me pause, so I was wondering on what line is this permitted by parent request?

Carnival, but not universally. It would depend on how many children & ages they have in the camp that particular week. The decision is made once onboard by the youth center staff.

If it puts your mind at ease at all, there is almost no chance that they would allow an 8 y/o to move down to the 2-5 age group. Moving down is usually only allowed if a child is within 1 year or so of the age group below. If there are very few children on board at all, then they sometimes combine age groups for various activities.

beachchick

We were recently on a Celebrity cruise. There were only 16 kids onboard, and about 5 of them regularly used the Fun Factory. My kids are DD 9 and DS 11. There were 2 7 yo girls that my DD really hit it off with. The staff let her participate in that group (5-8) (the 7 year old girls were the only ones in that group). The entire 9-11 group was boys.

Kim

Archived