Is Bert Stratton Still on the CB?

kkochenber

Maybe samspeed is Mrs Bert Stratton!!!!! It would help if as an entertainer he could either sing well or play the piano well, as he can do neither it makes for an excrutiating sound. however I'm not a fan of rap and alot of people are so it's different strokes for different folks or something like that!

Terry

It appears that those of you who do not care for his music are in the minority. Name one other entertainer that has played in the Crooner's Bar that has drawn in crowds every night like Bert has. If you watched one of his performances you would understand why they put him at Crooner's. He is an entertainer and not just a pianoist. At least when he is on the ship the piano bar gets spiced up at Crooner's instead of the dull piano music that is normally played there and in the atrium. Bert entertains for each age group with the exception of the rap music and takes request without tips unlike the piano entertainers on another popular cruiseline. His audiences have always been a mixture of age groups and its fantastic to see the older folks sing along and participate to those classics he plays they loved in the 40's. If you are expecting put me to sleep piano music you should go to another venue when Bert is there.

Come on, guys--- let's stop the personal attacks. Bert isn't for everyone, but there's no reason to get nasty about it. I personally thought he was pretty good but his act got old fast --- a couple of times listening to him on a cruise was enough for me. To each his own, I guess.

Agreed!

The OP asked if Bert was appearing on the CB. The OP did not ask for anyone's opinion of Bert.

Christmas of 2006, our room was up the open staircase from Bert's piano. Although we weren't part of Bert's sing-a-long buddies, to this day we can't help but chuckle when we hear the chorus, "Sweet Caroline...Bam...Bam...Bam!"

As we were serenaded in our cabin, Bert introduced a new generation (our DD age 23) to the joys of Neil Diamond.

Agree. I always wondered if there is an increase in the amount of people overboard when he performs;).

Obviously, Samspeed is trying to make real brownie points on his first post, wonder what side of the bed he woke up on this AM........

Why, to me it was one of the better posts i this bad excuse for a thread, at least it was balanced.

Samspeed

I think you need to fall back and regroup!!!!!

He can come regroup with me.

FTLOG people, I don't know what has happened to these boards of late, there is so many personal attacks going on it is just plain stupid.

People have different tastes in music, I do not like Bert, however if you take a look on youtube for a Bert video you will see from the crowds he draws that a large number of people do, so Princess and all other cruise lines will try to book him.

So how about an intelligent discussion rather than resorting to this

Q: "Do you like Bert?"

A: "No and if you do you have no taste, I have sailed on 200 cruises, I am elite on every line, your mother is fat, your father is an idiot, your children will grow up to work at McDonald's, your doing will get hit by a train, I drive a Lexus, you drive a Toyota, if you don't like what I like then you do not deserve to be on my ship, yes i SAID IT, IT IS MY SHIP, MINE MINE MINE, BECAUSE, WELL i HAVE 1500 POSTS ON cc WHICH OF COURSE MEANS i AM BETTER THAN YOU, oh....what was the question ????"

See, that's what it is getting like with some of the people who post on here, please everyone, chill out....Go take a cruise....Do something, but knock of the personal attacks.

Thank you, we now return you to your normal postings.

I have resisted the urge to post in this thread however I have decided to add several comments.

My first experience with Berts performance at Crooners was on the CB Sept 08. I did not enjoy his music or his style and although I truly enjoy Crooners went somewhere else when he was there. Since that time I have seen several threads about him and his "talents." So when we where back on the CB the week of 3/8-3/15 I paid particular attention to his crowd as we walked by enroute to another venue. Here is what I observed.

1) Crooners lounge itself was never crowded. Rather the immediate area around the piano and the area between Crooners and the atrium had a crowd of approx 100-125 people. Although this is a very small percentage out of the 3100 pax on board, those there were having a good time.

2) As I looked around the crowd I quickly observed that in reality very few were actually drinking anything at all. The vast majority were empty handed, clapping and singing to the music, which leads me to question the amount of income he actually generates.

3) Listening to pax who had no desire to listen to him, it was surprising the number of complaints from people who had to work their way through the gathering or walk all the way the atrium opening to pass to the other side.

I am not saying anything about his ability or about the people who enjoy him. He does seem to be an entertainer that people either love or hate, very few seem to be in the middle. I do think that tcast hit the nail on the head. IMO Princess simply has him performing in the wrong venue.

Archived