Shipwreck cove excursion (RCCL) vs. Captain Alan's

spring162

Looking for some input on these two excursions. I am travelling in a group of 17 (8 adults, 5 teenagers, 4 12yo.) We would like to do some snorkelling. We have limited experience and a few are afraid of deep open water without life vests. Wondering which is more fun. I have read reviews of Captain Alans. Sounds good. Looking for input on the Shipwreck Cove experience as it looks about 15-20 dollars cheaper per person than Captain Alans. THanks

You would get much more and much better snorkeling with Captain Alan than the shipwreck excursion which goes to Little Bay. I definitely would try to set something up with Captain Alan. I would call them directly and discuss it - see about what can be done with size of group and price. Call 1-977-844-6621 - that is number on website.

with 17 people you can set up an amazing private adventure with captain alan. as i stated in several other posts we were 8 people and we chartered his brother in law paul (same company different boat) for an incredible day. it is now the cruise day that all others will be compared....it is the standard:)

they will do as much or as little as you want. ist of all he took us all around st. martin .....literally. we got an incredible over view of the island. we stopped at HAPPY BAY for swimming......PINEL ISLAND for snorkeling......TINTEMARRE.....for the mud baths......then even tho he made us salami and cheese heros we wanted something else so we went to GRAND CASE for bar b que....we ordered it and then took it out to eat on the boat.

we had been to MAHO several times before (that's the beach near the airport and by itself a one of a knid experience) but we had never been there on the water...so on the way back (and this was after 6 hours) we went by MAHO.......awesome:D

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi mrs. booboo..... the best thing would be to contact them directly. this was 2 years ago and the prices have changed i'm sure.

the beauty of the private tour is that you can "handcraft your itinerary". we chartered a whole day excursion and added things that we wanted to do....for ex. we stopped at ANSE CHASE for a dockside bar b que....went to maho beach (that's the beach near the airport where the planes fly very low over the beach) and watched the planes from the water. this was on top of the usual 3 islands for snorkeling and swimming.

Archived