review of noordam 3/4-3/14 caribbean cruise

nurseblissful

Silent disembarkation on HAL works fine if:

1. Passengers pay attention to their scheduled disembark time

2. Have their 'stuff' together when that time arrives

3. Don't congregate near the gangway and/or on the stairwells

4. Don't 'cheat', i.e. try to get off the ship prior to their assigned time, thereby throwing everything in disaray

5. Those pax who are required to, report to INS at the assigned location and time on the ship

6. Settle their onboard charge account with Front Office personnel

7. Outbound luggage is off-loaded from the ship on time

8. Customs officials have their 'stuff' together

That's all:)

With the exception of number one you have the exact same issues regardless of whether or not they are using silent disembarkation.

With the exception of number one you have the exact same issues regardless of whether or not they are using silent disembarkation.

Well, yes and no - Item #4 used to be checked at the gangway when getting off the ship under the 'old' system of assigned colors and numbers. If you didn't have the correct one, you got told 'Liar, liar, pants on fire', 'No soup for you', and had to go stand in the corner for some quiet time until that color/number was called

All the rest, I agree with you 100%. We've gone through 'silent' disembark twice now and we were off the ship before you could say "I don't wannu" It was then (outside) when the line started, in Tampa, it was for Customs (very slow), in San Diego, it ran pretty smooth. I personally have no issues with the 'silent' process.

It was still checked last time we did silent disembarkation. Had to turn in the stub from the luggage tag to make sure you were getting off in the right group. Silent or otherwise they are still know which tag colors are supposed to get off when otherwise they could never hope to have the right luggage ready in time.

Archived