transportation Rome - TakeTaxi

I did a search and saw that two others (INeedAVacationNow and MomCruise) had asked about taketaxi in Rome for transportation to airport and cruise port. No one replied. Just thought that I would ask again to see if those two posters ever used them.

Taxis supposedly have a maximum charge of 40 Euros to Rome, but we could not find one that charged that rate to Trastevere. After our shuttle didn't meet us at the airport, we paid more than the maximum for a pretty wild ride. Based on that if I were doing this over, I would arrange a transfer with a company like Rome Cabs.

Just a few tips we learned when we did our Med cruise in Oct '08.

I did a shuttle van from FCO to Rome through www.viator.com, for $23 received a voucher, arrived at airport, followed the directions on the voucher, and everything went fine.

We then shared a transfer with two other couples from our roll call (all at different hotels near the Vatican) to Civitavecchia with RomeCabs for 180 EUR for the 6 of us, so 30 EUR per person.

Taxis charge different amounts for different times of the day, even though they are going the same distance. And don't ever call a taxi, they start the ticker when they leave wherever they are, not when they pick you up.

Archived