Venice Airport Hotel

Has anyone stayed in the Marriott Hotel at the airport in Venice? We will be staying in Venice one night prior to boarding our cruise ship. Any opinions about hotel itself, ease of getting in to Venice, ease of getting to ship etc?

Yes, have stayed there and it is perfect for going in the other direction--leaving Venice on an early AM flight. But unless your flight arrives late at night, I would really recommend staying IN Venice so you can experience this wonderful city. The ships leave from Venice proper so you are going to have to get across the lagoon one way or the other.

If you can mention what time you arrive it would be helpful.

You will love it!

Cathy

We have booked for our next cruise the Crowne Plaza:

1. complimentary shuttle from the airport.

2. the hotel is next (0.21 mi) to the commuter train station which takes you in 30 minutes to Venice Santa Lucia Train Station. But should be closer maybe if a subway or bridge is available. According to the receptionist which I called it's only 2 minutes walk from the hotel as there is a direct access for pedestrians.

3. In Santa Lucia Train Station there is a baggage transfer service to the ship available (5 EUR per bag) - while you can go sightseeing without baggage and return for check-in to cruise terminal last minute by the boat from St. Marks Square directly to the cruise terminal...

Hope it works this way.

Regards

HeinBloed

The courtyard by Marriott is by the airport. The bus that goes to town where you can pick up a water taxi is just outside the front door. They gave us a ride to the airport. i don't remember if there was a charge.

The courtyard by Marriott is by the airport. The bus that goes to town where you can pick up a water taxi is just outside the front door. They gave us a ride to the airport. i don't remember if there was a charge.

According to their website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/vcecy-courtyard-venice-airport/

Our Private Shuttle bus to downtown Venice is available on a fee.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived