Century in good shape

librarylady19

I know there have been lots of threads discussing the ship's condition. Other than a few stains in chairs in our cabin (CC9176) and on theater seats, everything was in really good shape.

Enjoy the photos:

2793776500104945102lWlRHb_th.jpg

Fabulous photos. Thanks so much

I know there have been lots of threads discussing the ship's condition. Other than a few stains in chairs in our cabin (CC9176) and on theater seats, everything was in really good shape.

Enjoy the photos:

2793776500104945102lWlRHb_th.jpg

Thanks Sandi for the great pictures! My mom and I are heading to Miami next Sat. We too will be cruising on the Century for the first time. Any helpfull tips or info would be appreciated. Did you eat at the Island Cafe(not sure if thats what they call it for dinner) Another poster said they also have a pasta and stir fry area. Just wondering if thats at night. Since we book last minute, we have late dinning. This is fine with me, but for my 81 yr old mom, thats a little too late for her. From your pictures it looks like you had a great time. Happy cruising...........................

Thanks Sandi for the great pictures! My mom and I are heading to Miami next Sat. We too will be cruising on the Century for the first time. Any helpfull tips or info would be appreciated. Did you eat at the Island Cafe(not sure if thats what they call it for dinner) Another poster said they also have a pasta and stir fry area. Just wondering if thats at night. Since we book last minute, we have late dinning. This is fine with me, but for my 81 yr old mom, thats a little too late for her. From your pictures it looks like you had a great time. Happy cruising...........................

Hi ETski,

Sure hope you and your mom enjoy your cruise. The Islands Bistro is absolutely wonderful and would be a great alternative to late dining for you and your mom imo. If you are not used to eating late, and don't want to stay up until midnight, it can be tough not getting finished with dinner until 10:00 p.m.!

You can make a reservation once on ship for Islands Bistro it is mentioned in the Celebrity Today paper (we did this an hour before eating there but I would do it earlier in day to ensure your time choice). It's a small area, with many tables for 2 along the windows. Service was superb. Our waiter Dexter also worked at the Islands Buffet as a "waiter" and this was his audition to move up to the main dining room - so these guys try really hard! Maitre D' is a gem and the food choices and quality were better than MDR. Not quite up to Muranos but heck you are paying a lot less at Islands Bistro. Personally, I think I preferred Islands Bistro as experience was more relaxed than Murano (not so orchestrated).

The pasta and stir fry areas are not part of Islands Bistro. I had stir fry at lunch first day and it was just ok. Personally, I want a sit-down experience at dinner, not serve yourself. I just didn't warm up to the Islands Cafe, it wasn't really the food itself, just the whole set-up seemed a bit sterile and cafeteria like. Can't comment on the pasta - I did have an excellent pasta dish at Islands Bistro tho.

Hope your trip is relaxing.

You're welcome. I know when I was planning my first cruise I pored over the photos others so kindly posted, so I'm glad to return the favor. One thing I learned - things are definitely smaller than they look in photos, or in Celebrity's virtual tour!! :o

Hi ETski,

Sure hope you and your mom enjoy your cruise. The Islands Bistro is absolutely wonderful and would be a great alternative to late dining for you and your mom imo. If you are not used to eating late, and don't want to stay up until midnight, it can be tough not getting finished with dinner until 10:00 p.m.!

You can make a reservation once on ship for Islands Bistro it is mentioned in the Celebrity Today paper (we did this an hour before eating there but I would do it earlier in day to ensure your time choice). It's a small area, with many tables for 2 along the windows. Service was superb. Our waiter Dexter also worked at the Islands Buffet as a "waiter" and this was his audition to move up to the main dining room - so these guys try really hard! Maitre D' is a gem and the food choices and quality were better than MDR. Not quite up to Muranos but heck you are paying a lot less at Islands Bistro. Personally, I think I preferred Islands Bistro as experience was more relaxed than Murano (not so orchestrated).

The pasta and stir fry areas are not part of Islands Bistro. I had stir fry at lunch first day and it was just ok. Personally, I want a sit-down experience at dinner, not serve yourself. I just didn't warm up to the Islands Cafe, it wasn't really the food itself, just the whole set-up seemed a bit sterile and cafeteria like. Can't comment on the pasta - I did have an excellent pasta dish at Islands Bistro tho.

Hope your trip is relaxing.

Thanks for your info. So It's called the Island Bistro and you should make reservations. I was getting a little confused with Island Cafe, which I would think is the cafeteria type buffet. The Bistro seems like a great choice for me and my Mom. Do they have menues and do the serve you? She said she is willing to eat late a few times but not every day in the MDR.

If you can get a Doctor's statement saying that it is not medically possible for your mom to eat late you may be able to get the Maitre'D to change it when you board. It's worth a try.

Thanks for your info. So It's called the Island Bistro and you should make reservations. I was getting a little confused with Island Cafe, which I would think is the cafeteria type buffet. The Bistro seems like a great choice for me and my Mom. Do they have menues and do the serve you? She said she is willing to eat late a few times but not every day in the MDR.

The daily menu is posted in front of the Islands Bistro. You have several options for each course so I'm sure you'll find something you like. Starters include seafood (I had scallops), soup (dh had a clam/corn chowder) and salad choices (I had spinach salad). The waiter urged me to order both appetizer and salad, which I did! For entrees, I only recall what we selected which was strip steak for dh (2 thumbs up from him) and bowtie pasta with sundried tomatoes dish that I loved! Don't miss dessert - flan was awesome; dh had brownie sundae.

Sandi,

Thanks so much for posting your album. We are leaving on the Century in a month and this really whetted (sp?) my appetite. We did see her in the Port of Miami last month but that was only from the outside. The inside looks great! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

You're welcome. I know when I was planning my first cruise I pored over the photos others so kindly posted, so I'm glad to return the favor. One thing I learned - things are definitely smaller than they look in photos, or in Celebrity's virtual tour!! :o

Really very nice pictures.

Thanks again for posting them!!!!

I loved the pics, especially one of the pics of the Martini Bar, I can see Ivan the bartender who we loved! Also, I think we sat right behind you in Muranos!! I know that we were there the same night and we were at the table behind you!

Thank you for sharing your pictures! We are going next year and can't wait--but looking at where we will be is soooooo exciting. You are so right about wanting to see all that you can before you get on the ship. Thanks again.

Maria

I loved the pics, especially one of the pics of the Martini Bar, I can see Ivan the bartender who we loved! Also, I think we sat right behind you in Muranos!! I know that we were there the same night and we were at the table behind you!

Too funny! Were you there when the guy proposed to his fiance at the other end of the room? That was something!

Too funny! Were you there when the guy proposed to his fiance at the other end of the room? That was something!

yes! Awww, too bad, we could have had a drink. I remember 'chatting' with you here before we left.

My husband is very tall, not sure if you remember a tall guy, and I had on hot pink.

I am just back from the 3/14 sailing on the Century with my partner and my parents. We had a great time and loved the ship! We've been on the Infinity and Constellation in the past and I was concerned about how we'd feel on a smaller, older ship. All of us left saying that it was now our favorite ship. It is easy to get around and never felt too crowded (except at the pool on sea days).

We ate at the Island Bistro and were very pleasantly surprised by it. We felt the selection was quite similar to the MDR, but the quality was much better - perhaps because they are cooking for you individually, as opposed to a few hundred at a time. It was well worth the extra $2/person gratuity. The menu was the same every night, but they had a nightly special appetizer and entree.

It is so funny that you said that. When we went on our first cruise about 20 years ago, we thought they were kidding when we were shown to our stateroom. It was so tiny and not at all what we were expecting!!

It is so funny that you said that. When we went on our first cruise about 20 years ago, we thought they were kidding when we were shown to our stateroom. It was so tiny and not at all what we were expecting!!

And that was pre-Internet when you only had brochure photos to judge things by (how did we ever manage!!) :o

We have sailed on all the ships in the Celebrity fleet and Century continues to be our favourite.

I attempt to keep a chart of certain staff members and entertainers on board all X ships.

Would you be able to assist in updating the Who's On Board List?

Arno

SHIP..............................................................

Sailing Date.............................................

MASTER....................................................

Alternate Master................................

Staff Captain.........................................

Chief Engineer.......................................

Hotel Director......................................

Cruise Director....................................

Activities Manager...........................

Restaurant Manager........................

Assistant Maitre d'........................

F&B Manager........................................

Bar Manager..........................................

Front Office Manager...................

Future Sales Manager....................

CC Host(ess)..........................................

Party Band..............................................

Rendezvous.............................................

String Quartet...................................

Michael's Club.....................................

Acappella Group.................................

Guitarist..................................................

Archived