Roatan snorkeling vs Chankanaab vs Grand Cayman

badlknee

I have snorkeled at Cozumel's Chankanaab Park and on the Sting Ray City tour in Grand Cayman. Please compare Roatan snorkeling with those two. Number of fish and clarity of the water and any other thing you noticed.

Thanks ahead of time for any information you can provide.

I have snorkeled Chankanaab, Grand Cayman and Roatan (Tabyana Beach @ West Bay). I would rate them as follows: 1. Roatan, 2. Grand Cayman, 3. Chankanaab. Roatan has lots of fish and I also saw a sea turtle which I swam behind for a while. It was just beautiful. The reef is just off the beach. From Tabyana Beach the best snorkeling is to the far left and out if you are looking toward the ocean. Have a great time! Kroozn

I have snorkeled Chankanaab, Grand Cayman and Roatan (Tabyana Beach @ West Bay). I would rate them as follows: 1. Roatan, 2. Grand Cayman, 3. Chankanaab. Roatan has lots of fish and I also saw a sea turtle which I swam behind for a while. It was just beautiful. The reef is just off the beach. From Tabyana Beach the best snorkeling is to the far left and out if you are looking toward the ocean. Have a great time! Kroozn

Thanks, Kroozn. That is exactly what I needed to know and that is where I will go.

I've been to Roatan 2 times on vacation, no cruise stayed for 7-10 days each time. West Bay Village has the most beautiful snoreling spot. It's very safe to take a cab, Just say west bay village, the cabs all stop right near the water and many are there when your ready to leave. When you get out of the cab there is a little grocery store on the corner go past the store about 2 small buildings and you will see a taco stand on the left, the owner is a really cool guy from Chicago, they rent snorkel gear, all day for abot $10, the tacos are good too. On down frther are many little stores, restaurants and a great hotel "PURA VIDA"- you will snorkel in the cove across from where you got out of the cab. The coral reef is so thick and the fish are so beautiful you won't want to come back in. You can also kayak in the area and the diving instrutor next to Pura Vida is a nice guy.

Ask the cab driver how much before you get in. It will only take about 10-15 from the ship to get there.

West end was nice, you can always get a cab to Tabyana or gumbalumba park to zip line and see the monkeys. Cruise trip are way over rated in Roatan.

I've been to Roatan 2 times on vacation, no cruise stayed for 7-10 days each time. West Bay Village has the most beautiful snoreling spot. It's very safe to take a cab, Just say west bay village, the cabs all stop right near the water and many are there when your ready to leave. When you get out of the cab there is a little grocery store on the corner go past the store about 2 small buildings and you will see a taco stand on the left, the owner is a really cool guy from Chicago, they rent snorkel gear, all day for abot $10, the tacos are good too. On down frther are many little stores, restaurants and a great hotel "PURA VIDA"- you will snorkel in the cove across from where you got out of the cab. The coral reef is so thick and the fish are so beautiful you won't want to come back in. You can also kayak in the area and the diving instrutor next to Pura Vida is a nice guy.

Ask the cab driver how much before you get in. It will only take about 10-15 from the ship to get there.

West end was nice, you can always get a cab to Tabyana or gumbalumba park to zip line and see the monkeys. Cruise trip are way over rated in Roatan.

Great information, Sosher. Just what I needed. Thanks very much.

Beautiful place!

We went accross the island from the cruise ship to a very hidden hotel (found on a snorkeling site) and had a marvelous day!:D

It was like walking in an aquarium full of tropical fish and a few of their predators. with the small fish hiding on the go in the coral. I would have stayed in the water a few hours longer, but I was starting to burn.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived