Convertible Sofa Comfort

virtuigs

We are planning our first Disney Cruise! It will be our 3.5 year old's first cruise and mine and hubby's 5th. We are trying to decide between the verandah stateroom with just the convertible sofa or to do the family stateroom with the murphy bed. I am concerned about comfort and convenience. Is the convertible sofa comfortable to sleep on? Is there any other place to sit in the room when it is made into a bed? Is the murphy bed in the way of the verandah when it is down?

Thanks so much in advance!

We are planning our first Disney Cruise! It will be our 3.5 year old's first cruise and mine and hubby's 5th. Welcome to Our Cruise family to your little one. We are trying to decide between the verandah stateroom with just the convertible sofa or to do the family stateroom with the murphy bed. There is NOOOOOOO way I would book at Cat. 4 for a family of 3. We have stayed in both. I am concerned about comfort and convenience. Is the convertible sofa comfortable to sleep on? The Convertable Sofa is actually more comfortable than the Queen bed in the room when seperated as it is larger than one bed would be if seperating the Queeen bed and larger than the Murphy bed. The sofa sleepers on DCL are not a typical sofa sleeper people think of. It is a full twin side bed with a real mattress that actually fits into the back of the sofa. It is the most comfortable bed there if looking at all of the beds as singles. Is there any other place to sit in the room when it is made into a bed? The bed is only pulled down at Turn down service so serves as a sofa during the day and bed at night. There is a small vanity chair and the bed. You can always sit on your verandah. When do you plan to sit in the room though? We always sit on the bed when helping the kids get ready for bed. Is the murphy bed in the way of the verandah when it is down? Yes the Murphy Bed blocks the verandah when it is pulled down, but again it is only pulled down at turn down service ans place back up while you are at breakfast. I will be honest, there is noooooo way I would pick at Cat. 4 when you can get a 7. There is only about 2 feet difference in the two rooms. The two feet of the Cat. 4 is taken up by a chair though. I guess my question is, if you want to pay $3,000 for a chair than :eek:.

Thanks so much in advance!

So choose your Cat. 7. If you really want another bed and a sofa then pick a cat. 6 then use the bunk bed for your preschooler. The bunk beds are pretty safe as they have rails. You can even request a rail for the sofa bed and your SRH will bring one of those Fisher Price Mesh ones. I hope this helps.:)

Thanks for the information. It was just what I was looking for. After posting the original message and perusing the board this morning, I had pretty much decided to bump down a category. Hearing about the noise on deck 8 from deck 9 above was enough to do that.

I am glad you cleared up the convertible sofa question for me!

Oh, if you go in early September you don't have to pay $3,000 for an extra chair. :D The rates are REALLY reasonable and we are using points accrued from our credit card rewards program to pay for the air travel and most of the cruise! Woohoo!

We can't wait!!!!

My favorite bed is the sleep slofa. I want to re-iterate that it not like a sleep sofa that you have at home. No squeaky frame or metal bars in the wrong places. There is a very comfortable mattress in the back of the sofa and they just flip the back down, The other reason I like the sofa is that the ship will (gently) rock head to toe and instead of side to side and I don't feel like I am being thrown out of bed.

Archived