How do you know if you have VIP status?

Littlegoo75

My in-laws are booked in a suite for an upcoming cruise (we're in a balcony). Do all suites qualify for VIP status? Do we get VIP status as well, since we are traveling with them? (we're previous Carnival Cruisers).

Are there any other perks that come with booking a suite (besides the obvious bigger room and bathtub)?

My in-laws are booked in a suite for an upcoming cruise (we're in a balcony). Do all suites qualify for VIP status? Do we get VIP status as well, since we are traveling with them? (we're previous Carnival Cruisers). All suites have VIP embarkation and debarkation. The balconies do not. You'll have to meet them on the ship. If you've cruised 9 times with Carnival then on the 10th time you are also VIP regardless of the type of cabin you're in.

Are there any other perks that come with booking a suite (besides the obvious bigger room and bathtub)? Only the VIP getting on and off the ship.

Have a great trip!

They will get it, you will not.

It will say 'VIP' on the Funpass and luggage tags.

You should be able to use the VIP boarding with them since you are traveling together.

There are no other perks that I know of.

Dennis

All suites get VIP status. Their docs will say "Proceed to VIP Check-In" and their luggage tags will say VIP.

The only perks are the nicer cabin and VIP embark and debark.

You will only get VIP status if you're Platinum.

There's the possibility that you would also get VIP if your bookings are linked. But I have no direct knowledge of that.

You'll know, for sure, when you get/print your docs.

You should be able to use the VIP boarding with them since you are traveling together.

Dennis

Not necessarily true. If they do not have VIP status, their S&S cards will be somewhere else.

Dennis

It's my understanding that only cabins with minors under 18 years old get VIP along with the VIP cabin.

I read somebody's review that said because they were traveling with a baby, they were able to use the VIP check-in. I am not too concerned about us getting the VIP check-in, rather, I was more concerned about my mother in law who is in her 60's and might not enjoy standing in a long line. As long as they are able to get the expedited check in, I am happy. I don't mind waiting in the regular line with my kid, but if they offer it to me, I will gladly accept.

Thanks for the help!

I'm not for sure about it, but I did read on here, somewhere, that people traveling with family were able to get them all in through VIP.

If this was a special arrangement or not I cannot say.

Just what I saw.

Dennis

My in-laws are booked in a suite for an upcoming cruise (we're in a balcony). Do all suites qualify for VIP status? Do we get VIP status as well, since we are traveling with them? (we're previous Carnival Cruisers).

Are there any other perks that come with booking a suite (besides the obvious bigger room and bathtub)?

VIP for suites gets priority checkin and boarding. That's it.

No, you will not get priority boarding unless you have a suite, too.

Your documents will not be in the VIP lounge.....someone from VIP would have to run around finding everything for you. They don't have the time for that.

But, someone from the suite could always ask....just don't make a ruckus if it doesn't happen.

I read somebody's review that said because they were traveling with a baby, they were able to use the VIP check-in. I am not too concerned about us getting the VIP check-in, rather, I was more concerned about my mother in law who is in her 60's and might not enjoy standing in a long line. As long as they are able to get the expedited check in, I am happy. I don't mind waiting in the regular line with my kid, but if they offer it to me, I will gladly accept.

Thanks for the help!

We are platinum (VIP) and we have always had a couple that were non platinum check in with us in the VIP.......it is not a big deal as what people on here make it out to be:) But then again neither is some of the VIP lines at certain ports lol!

Good Luck!

Archived