A PH Suite on Sapphire Princess?

JoJo79

Hi All!

This will be my second cruise ever come May on the Sapphire Princess! Headed to Mexico! We have booked a PH suite on the Caribe deck mid-ship. Can anyone give me any of their personal details if they have experienced this suite on this ship?

Was it easy to access the perks? I really don't know how it works...do you have to ask for everything, as in "do I get to board first because I am a suite passenger?"

Did the perks make a big difference? How was it getting off at the different ports? I can't stand a cattle call!

Did the ship feel crowded?

I heard the Horizon Court is a nightmare....what is the best way to navigate it?

Was the room service speedy and how about the laundry service, I heard it is free?

How was the room steward, honestly?

Any more details would be greatly appreciated! I am excited but also nervous I might have over paid for services that won't be made available, PLEASE HELP!!!!

We just today got switched to a mid ship PH on Caribe...408..from D-738 aft.. I think this will work out better for us so I took it. Try to avoid the buffet at peak times if possible. You could room service coffee and juice and a roll to tide you over at breakfast..or go to the dining room. It can be hard to find a table. I will post a report after next weeks trip on the Sapphire...our fifth MR cruise on Princess in the last five years! First Suite! LPT:D

oh ok..Room service is alway pretty fast! We have always had great room stewards. This will be the first time for free laundry, but I heard they get it back the next day. We will try to take advantage of all the perks. We payed a pretty penny for this as well! Just ask and ye shall receive! You can order anything from any main dining room for food! Horsdevors every night, flowers in your room..one time bar set up. corsages 0n formal night..dvd player...big bathroom...sounds great to me..I think we can wait in the platinum lounge emabarking and disenbarking...um...I will post after as I said...LPT:D

oh ok..Room service is alway pretty fast! We have always had great room stewards. This will be the first time for free laundry, but I heard they get it back the next day. We will try to take advantage of all the perks. We payed a pretty penny for this as well! Just ask and ye shall receive! You can order anything from any main dining room for food! Horsdevors every night, flowers in your room..one time bar set up. corsages 0n formal night..dvd player...big bathroom...sounds great to me..I think we can wait in the platinum lounge emabarking and disenbarking...um...I will post after as I said...LPT:D

Make sure to check the 'express service' box on the laundry and if you turn it in early enough, you can have it returned that evening, later, it will be back the following evening. If you don't, it can take a couple to three days for the laundry to be returned. (no extra charge for this for suite or Elite passengers).

There will be a suite amenities book located in your stateroom that reminds you of all the perks you should receive. Most perks are there waiting for you, but things like ordering appeitizers you will need to place a card outside on the door handle that morning if you wish them to be delivered (because you will choose which one you want them to bring and at what time).

If you aren't Elite passengers (with a black card), you should receive priority tender passes for tender ports. This means no cattle calls or waiting, you just go to the tender deck when you would like to leave the ship and get at the end of the line. Sorry, but you aren't entitled to go to the front of the line, but you will be welcomed to join the next tender going to shore without having to wait. This perk is for 'going ashore only', upon returning, you will have to wait with everyone else and it is on a first come first serve tender service. ;)

When checking in to the ship, just ask a staff member where priority boarding waits, they will direct you to the proper area.

Love the suite perks, and even though we are Elite and get most of them no matter which category we book, we still enjoy the in cabin dining that a full suite offers (not to mention all of that extra space and huge bathroom). The full breakfast delivered, especially on port mornings, and that last morning of disembarkation is wonderful. Enjoy!

We just today got switched to a mid ship PH on Caribe...408..from D-738 aft.. I think this will work out better for us so I took it. Try to avoid the buffet at peak times if possible. You could room service coffee and juice and a roll to tide you over at breakfast..or go to the dining room. It can be hard to find a table. I will post a report after next weeks trip on the Sapphire...our fifth MR cruise on Princess in the last five years! First Suite! LPT:D

How funny, you are actually staying in the same exact suite we are booked for in May! Please let me know how your cruise goes! I hope you have a blast!

Make sure to check the 'express service' box on the laundry and if you turn it in early enough, you can have it returned that evening, later, it will be back the following evening. If you don't, it can take a couple to three days for the laundry to be returned. (no extra charge for this for suite or Elite passengers).

There will be a suite amenities book located in your stateroom that reminds you of all the perks you should receive. Most perks are there waiting for you, but things like ordering appeitizers you will need to place a card outside on the door handle that morning if you wish them to be delivered (because you will choose which one you want them to bring and at what time).

If you aren't Elite passengers (with a black card), you should receive priority tender passes for tender ports. This means no cattle calls or waiting, you just go to the tender deck when you would like to leave the ship and get at the end of the line. Sorry, but you aren't entitled to go to the front of the line, but you will be welcomed to join the next tender going to shore without having to wait. This perk is for 'going ashore only', upon returning, you will have to wait with everyone else and it is on a first come first serve tender service. ;)

When checking in to the ship, just ask a staff member where priority boarding waits, they will direct you to the proper area.

Love the suite perks, and even though we are Elite and get most of them no matter which category we book, we still enjoy the in cabin dining that a full suite offers (not to mention all of that extra space and huge bathroom). The full breakfast delivered, especially on port mornings, and that last morning of disembarkation is wonderful. Enjoy!

Thank you for all the great info.! One more question....I heard they don't allow iron's in the rooms, will they bring one if you ask for it? Or do you have to go to the laundry rooms for that?

Thank you for all the great info.! One more question....I heard they don't allow iron's in the rooms, will they bring one if you ask for it? Or do you have to go to the laundry rooms for that?

Irons are not allowed in any of the staterooms. If you wish to press something yourself, you must go to the self service laundry. Or you can send it out to the ships laundry for press only (included in the complimentary perks for full suites).

If you aren't Elite passengers (with a black card), you should receive priority tender passes for tender ports. This means no cattle calls or waiting, you just go to the tender deck when you would like to leave the ship and get at the end of the line. Sorry, but you aren't entitled to go to the front of the line, but you will be welcomed to join the next tender going to shore without having to wait.

If we can't go to the head of the line, how will "they" know to put us on "the next tender without having to wait"?

Archived