Who Are The Eastern Canada Cruise Line Experts?

Is there one cruise line which is recognized as being the "best" choice in terms of cruise line and itinerary for cruising Canada (and New England)? I would like to sail out of NY.

Thanks,

There's a 10-night RT out of NY to Quebec City. Stops at Boston, Halifax, Quebec City, PEI, and Sydney. One of their newer ships: the Jewel. I'm booked for Sep. 30 sailing. Check it out on the Roll Call...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=835135

DT

Is there one cruise line which is recognized as being the "best" choice in terms of cruise line and itinerary for cruising Canada (and New England)? I would like to sail out of NY.

Thanks,

As for frequency to Saint John and Halifax, Carnival has the most trips on this intinerary out of NYC, followed by Royal Caribbean.

Very few of the cruise lines actually manage to make it to Montreal, since most of them can't get under the bridge at Trois Rivieres. (And we aren't paying to change the bridge, no way, no how!)

Holland America - Maasdam (the only ship that comes from Spring to Fall)

Helios - Clelia II

World Cruise Agency - Princess Danae

ACCL - Grand Mariner & Grand Caribe

Aida - AIDAaura

Peter Delliman - Deutschland

Crystal - Crystal Symphony

Silversea - Silver Cloud

Fred Olsen - Balmoral

The Maasdam and the AIDAAura are the largest of the ships that read Montreal both holding 1266 passengers.

Carnival does a number of 5 days out of New York. If you were interested in heading up the St. Lawrence as well as Canada New England I would check out the St Lawrence website as they list all the packages for 2009. Norwegian does a few itineraries out of New York as well.

IMHO, the longer itineraries are MUCH better to get the feeling of what Canada has to offer. Halifax, Quebec City, Saguenay River (with or without stop in La Baie) shouldn't be missed. I've never been to Newfoundland and this port seems great for wildlife.

Thanks,

It depends on what itinerary you want. If all you want is a loop cruise calling at Saint John and Halifax, then Carnival I believe does have the most choice. If you want to do the St. Lawrence (gulf and river), then HAL offers the most choice, as they are the only ones who sail regular itineraries to Montreal all summer (albeit from Boston). They also have 10-day itineraries in the fall from NY, as do Princess, NCL and others.

Archived