Comparing Wine Policies

Bandgk

Just sailed Carnival Miracle 3/13-3/21. We flew into FLL the day before and stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania. We walked across the street to Publix and picked up 2 large bottles of Beringer White Zin, an 8 pack each of coke & diet coke, and some snacks to take onboard.

We met two ladies outside the hotel waiting for the shuttle to the pier. They had 2- 18 packs of Bud in a small cooler and a bottle of wine. They had no problems getting onboard with it.

Karen

It seems you are correct. When I sailed the Crown Princess last September there was definitely a written policy of 1 bottle per person for "special occasions". When I looked today at the Princess website I found no limitation on the number of bottles of champagne and wine that could be brought on board. Has Princess recently changed their policy to coincide with HAL?

We took as much as we wanted on both Princess and HAL. Both lines advertised corkage, but have been inconsistent in charging. We have guessed it depended on how much the server liked us...

:D:D:D

We just returned from a B2B on the Caribbean Princess, we took on 12 bottles in a wine suitcase and they didn't say a thing. We kept them in our cabin to drink. My son however just left Sunday on the Adventure of the Seas, they took the same wine suitcase, when it was delivered to their room it only had one bottle in it, the port authority kept the other eleven bottles. When he asked about it he was told that RCCL told them to do this. He asked if he could have it back and they could hold it until the end of the cruise. He was told no that it was gone, I see that as stealing. It is not that he was breaking any laws by having it, if they weren't going to let him keep it they should have held it until the end of the cruise and returned it to them. We were just on the Liberty in June and had no problem. I think we might stick with Princess in the future, it isn't like you don't spend plenty of money on there anyway. We have the Oasis booked for March 2010 (five cabins including Owner's Suite) maybe we will re-think this if that is how they are going to treat their passengers.

At the risk of duplicating info in the above posts...I've brought multiple cases of wine aboard HAL (sailaway party :o) with not a flicker of a problem. I've never been charged corkage when I let the sommelier taste the wine, and tip well. On one hand, I'm told enforcement of corkage has been stepped up recently. On the other hand, I've been told that before, and have yet to experience it.

I bring my own wine aboard because I don't care for HAL's choices for my two favourite wines: champagne and merlot.

Total Wine has excellent prices on Veuve Cliquot!

Archived