nativeway?

outforfun

Done it and LOVED it. Probably our favorite excursion so far. You made a good choice. They take very good care of you. Interacting with the rays is incredible and Rum Point is just so gorgeous - the water so clear you can barely even SEE it! It's a GREAT day all the way around.

I DID cheap out at the last minute and did not purchase the DVD of our day. They have a videographer with you in the water with the rays, snorkeling and all over Rum Point. The DVD was $60 I think and I passed on it. I regretted that decision almost immediately! So if I ever get a do-over (and maybe I will some day!) I will definitely buy the DVD.

Oh, and another little piece of advice - the beer & drinks at RP are pretty expensive I thought; but worth it after your adventurous day! Have small bills because they will give your change back in their currency, which you'll have no use for!

They have a little gift shop there, so if you want little tourist-y things like refrigerator magnets or t-shirts, I'd go ahead and get them there - you have VERY little time left by the time you return to the pier after the tour. Definitely no time for leisurely shopping. We had about 30 minutes or more BEFORE the excursion left after we had all met up at the designated spot, so if it's the same for you, there's a little time THERE to dash across the street and pick up a thing or two.

Have fun!!

I see the RRR tour runs from 9:00-2:15. The last tender back leaves at 3:00. Is that not cutting it a bit close?

Also, other vendors offer a snorkeling stop and stingrays for $40. Is the lunch and beach stop with Native Way worth an extra $20+ each? What all did it include?

It IS cutting it close, that's why I say not to count on souvenir shopping after the excursion. They get you back in plenty of time to make your tender, though - their livlihood depends on it!

I would say the extra $20 IS worth it to spend that time at RP and have lunch. RP is one of the most gorgeous beaches you'll ever see - there are hammocks strung up under the trees and lounge chairs. The lunch was really quite good, too. You'll order it while you're still on the boat, so it's ready as soon as you arrive at RP. Having done it once, I'd do it again!

I'm thinking I had whatever was the "catch of the day". It came with fries and hushpuppies and I think cole slaw and iced tea. By the time you get there, you're SO darn hungry! You know how it is when you're in the sun and swimming! Others have posted menus, so you can maybe search and find one - I think the restaurant is called The Wreck Bar & Grill.

(So now I'm hungry for fish and hushpuppies and it's only 8:15 a.m.!)

The water isn't cold in the least! I don't recall water toys for use at Rum Point, though. I could be wrong, though, since I wasn't really looking. I think, though, that if they had them, it would probably say something on NativeWay's write-up about the excursion.

We just did this tour last week March 12th. It was ALOT of fun. What time are you arriving? We we there from 7:00 a.m. and last tender left at 3:00 or 3:30 and we had plenty of time. If you email them I'm pretty sure they will set you up a different time. Our tour was from 8:30-1:15 and we got done early because everyone got there on time. I think they seperate the tours by ship, so if you tell them what ship you are on, they probably have a different time.

I think it is definitely worth the extra money, there were only 12 people on our tour and every other boat we saw was packed full. We had about and hour/hour and a half at Rum Point, and before that is snorkeling. I think Chris was our Captain, and he is very aware of the time. Rum Point is pretty small, when we got there it was empty and then a double decker tour bus pulled up so by the time we were done eating there were no chairs. They do have water toys right there, and beach chairs are free. They has jet skis, those bike tricycle things, a sailboat, kayaks, and some other stuff. I think the jet ski rental was like 65 cayman dollars. It was pretty expensive, but the beach is beautiful.

We did not have any videotaping us. Just a guy taking pictures with the stingrays. They were $40 for like 6-7, he is supposed to mail them to us.

It was a great day and Chris is very nice, he literally carried me off the boat because I was scared to get in the water :o.

The E-Mail I received from Native Way says our tour departs at 11:15 AM Central time and completes at 4:30 P.M..... Our ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 10:00 A.M. , does that mean we have an hour to get to the tour? I just want to be sure we have every thing right... Don't want to stay in the Caymans forever.... Help let me know....:):):D

Yeah but you tender in the Cayman Islands so that kinda takes awhile, you'll have plenty of time though, they should be just waiting outside for you with a sign, they were for us. If everyone gets there early they will start early too. I wouldn't worry about it, they know what ship you are on, they won't leave you or make you miss the boat.

The E-Mail I received from Native Way says our tour departs at 11:15 AM Central time and completes at 4:30 P.M..... Our ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 10:00 A.M. , does that mean we have an hour to get to the tour? I just want to be sure we have every thing right... Don't want to stay in the Caymans forever.... Help let me know....:):):D

If you e-mail nativeway they'll e-mail you the menu for lunch. I've got it stored on another computer and will post it in a few hours. The menu is pretty extensive for them describing it as a "generous picnic lunch". There's probably a dozen plus items and you pick one.

Rum Point Wreck Bar & Grill

Spicy Red Conch Chowder

Seasonal Fruit Cup topped with yogurt

Conch Fritters with Scotch Bonnet tartar sauce

Tortilla Chips with sour cream & salsa

Caesar Salad with chicken breast or fish

Rum Point Salad ham, turkey, swiss, crispy bacon & ranch dressing

Spicy Mahi-Mahi Caesar Wrap

Rum Point Chicken Wings sweet chili garlic or buffalo style

Chicken Club Sandwich

Blackened Mahi-Mahi Sandwich with mango mayonnaise

Cheeseburger or Jerk CheeseBurger w/lettuce, tomato, onion

Veggie Burger with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato & onion

Jumbo Hotdog add jalapenos cheddar & onion

Jerk Pork Sandwich with Rum Point jerk mayo

Original Fish & Chips with Rum Point tartar sauce

Crispy Chicken Tenders with BBQ or honey mustard sauce

Grilled Chicken Sandwich provolone cheese, pesto, tomato, lettuce, & onion on Boboli bread with a side of lemon aioli

Today’s Catch with rice & beans and corn on the cob

Traditional Style Jerk Pork w/ rice & beans & corn on cob

All Served With Your Choice of Fries or House Salad

We had 10 in our group and between all of us had the chicken club, grilled chicken, blackened mahi sandwich, fish & chips and jerk pork. Everyone enjoyed everything. It was all so very fresh and delish! You'll place your orders while still on the boat and when you arrive at Rum Point, it will be waiting for you at a reserved picnic table or two. There are delicious cocktails for purchase, too.

I don't recommend the cheeseburger, haha and I kicked myself for ordering a cheeseburger in a different country...I should have gotten something else...anything else really! Its not that it was bad, just wish I would have gotten something else that I couldn't get anyday from home :D

We took this tour two weeks ago and had a great time until the boat that was suppose to take us back to the ship from rum point was an hour and 10 minutes late:mad:. Last tender to the ship was 3:00. We got back to the ship at 3:10 (late) and just made the last tender:confused:. Nobody seemed to worried about it except us and another family. Not sure if I'd do it again.

Just got confirmation of our tour through Nativeway :D We are doing the Stingray City, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel. We wanted to do a waverunner excursion to Stingray City but it is just too much for our budget on this trip. Next time though!

I hope we have a great time on this tour...there will be 4 of us.

Done it and LOVED it. Probably our favorite excursion so far. You made a good choice. They take very good care of you. Interacting with the rays is incredible and Rum Point is just so gorgeous - the water so clear you can barely even SEE it! It's a GREAT day all the way around.

I DID cheap out at the last minute and did not purchase the DVD of our day. They have a videographer with you in the water with the rays, snorkeling and all over Rum Point. The DVD was $60 I think and I passed on it. I regretted that decision almost immediately! So if I ever get a do-over (and maybe I will some day!) I will definitely buy the DVD.

Oh, and another little piece of advice - the beer & drinks at RP are pretty expensive I thought; but worth it after your adventurous day! Have small bills because they will give your change back in their currency, which you'll have no use for!

They have a little gift shop there, so if you want little tourist-y things like refrigerator magnets or t-shirts, I'd go ahead and get them there - you have VERY little time left by the time you return to the pier after the tour. Definitely no time for leisurely shopping. We had about 30 minutes or more BEFORE the excursion left after we had all met up at the designated spot, so if it's the same for you, there's a little time THERE to dash across the street and pick up a thing or two.

Have fun!!

This sounds like heaven, is it a cruise ship exursion, or private? If private do you have contact information?

Archived