Breezes excursion in Nassau, Bahamas

I would like to know if anyone spent apx 80.00 dollars to go to the Breezes All Inclusive Resort excursion through Royal Caribbean in Nassau, Bahamas! My Husband and I were planning on going to Breezes on Friday, December 17th, 2004 on the Jewel of the Seas! I saw some negative information about Breezes Resort on the Bahamas Cruise Critic Port information board! I would like to have some more information or reviews about Breezes before we spend apx 200.00 dollars! We are interested in the pools, beach and the free drinks which are included all day! Thanks for any information! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

We have been to Nassau two times before, but never to Breezes. My suggestion would be for that amount of money, I would stay onboard the Jewel. Everyone else will be in post so you can enjoy the pool and buy your drinks there as you will still pay less than $200.00. The only thing we seen worth doing in this port was diving (which was wonderful, sharks and lot's of them.), and maybe Senor Frogs... JMHO

We're considering Breezes too, for next weekend. I've read some good and some bad reviews, so we're still undecided. I would recommend going on your own. It's only $60 that way. Here's an email that I got from Breezes:

Hello Beth,

The day passes are $60 per person from 10am-6pm and $70 per person from

6pm-2am and no advance notice is necessary unless there will be a very large

group. As far as getting here from the pier, you can take a cab which will

be approximately $20 or the public bus which will be $1 per person. As it

will be a Sunday, the buses run but not as frequently so you can check to be

sure. The bus number will be #10 (not #10A) and you can catch it in front of

the straw market.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Jaton Johnson

PR Coordinator

I think we'll end up just going to Cable Beach. It should be a lot cheaper that way.

We went to Breezes in August when sailing on Sovereign of the Seas. That was only a 3 night cruise and we had already been to Nassau before. By the time we got off the ship (it was late docking in Nassau for some reason) and got to the resort it was nearly 1:00 pm.

It's a nice enough place, but not what I would call luxurious. We swam in the ocean some and sat by one of the three pools they have there. In one of the pools they have lounge chairs in the pool, which is nice, because you can sit in the chair in the water. Trust me, in August, it is HOT down there. One of the other pools has a swim up bar where you can order drinks, or you can walk directly up to the bar. There usually wasn't much of a line and they made everything we asked for. We didn't eat inside, but ate at the grill by the pools. They served hamburgers, hot dogs, crab salad sandwiches (better without the buns), jerk chicken, and such.

The tour left at four, but we were ready to go before then and caught a cab back into town that dropped us off at the pier. Did we have a nice time? Yes. Would we do it again? No, it really wasn't worth it to us. But for others it might be just fine.

I hope this helps.

I agree with Susan. Would not do Breezes again. Was just there Nov. 13 and I thought the beach was filled with seaweed as well as the ocean. Lots of broken shells upon entering the water. Just didn't like it. I could never stay there for a week as an all inclusive but that is just my opinion...

I stayed at that resort for 4 days in April 2003 with three other friends. We had a great time there, although we were able to make most use of everything as we didn't have to leave at a preset time. I'm not really a beach person in that I'd rather be in a pool than the ocean/seawater, but I didn't mind the water at all. No seaweed or anything the days we were there (my most hated thing in the world). Could've just been a storm churning up the seaweed there. The $80 does seem to cost exactly what it would if you did it on your own, but is it worth that much for 5/6 hours? I'd probably say no. I think it cost us $600/person for the four days including airfare and like I said we were there the whole day so we got three meals, lots of drinks, use of the daytime and nighttime activities, two hotel rooms, etc.

My Husband and I might just go to Blackbeard's Cay once again and go to Senor Frogs after we are done swimming for the day! I'm not sure we will want to spend that much money just to try the swim up bar and to swim in the ocean at the Breezes Resort! The taxi alone is 20 dollars and that's just one way! We could by quite a few drinks for what we would spend on going to Breezes as well as the cost of the taxi to and from the Breezes Resort! My Husband and I love the beach! At St. Thomas we spent the entire day at Magen's Bay and we just loved it! The taxi to and from was under 20 dollars including a very nice tip for both ways! I wish Nassau had a beach excursion that we could do on our own at our leisure! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

Just one more opinion on Breezes. Don't do it. My family was there last Friday. The water was cold, the resort isn't too good. My son wanted to use a windsurfer with my husband, but they were'nt allowed to because they hadn't used one before and the lessons offered there were in the morning when we weren't there. The food on the beach isn't too good, and we had missed lunch inside when we arrived. Thumbs down.:(

Archived