Camp Carnival

Skyweil01

I'm sure this has been asked many times but a few questions:

We are going on the Carnival Paradise in May.

We have a 2 and 4 year old.

How safe is camp carnival? Also, has anyone ever used Carnival's optional babysitting at night....How good is it?

Any tips for cruiseing with kiddos?

THANKS!!!

We've used it and we've been very happy with it. If you are unsure, go look at their video moniters which are usually located by the door. Go during a time that is not pick up or drop off. If they ask you what you're doing, just tell them you wanted to check it out. I have found that they are very helpful in this respect.

I have absolutely no issues with the security at Camp Carnival. They are actually more secure than most. I'll put a couple of the reasons

--a high door that locks from the inside, kids can't climb over

--some CCL ships have security cameras where you can stand outside the door at the front desk and see what's happening inside.

--no one is allowed in Camp Carnival. Just the kids. So no one else can wander through the camp

--kids are only released to person ON YOUR RELEASE LIST. So even if Grandma comes in and says "Ohhh there's Suzy and Jimmy, my grandkids, you can release them to me"...unless Grandma is on the list, Grandma doesn't get the kids. ;)

--pager service on the ship. If there is a problem, they page you.

The Camp Carnival pages are at the link in my signature. Just click on it, then Camp Carnival. The service is free until 10pm. After 10pm, it becomes a paid service $6 per hour

We are recently back from the Carnival Glory. We were cruising with 4 kids from ages 3-8. They all absolutely loved Camp Carnival. Every night after dinner that's where they wanted to be. One night they attended the Pajama Jam from 10pm-12am. It was extra but once again they absolutely loved it. They came back with their faces painted almost every night and an amazing amount of artwork (more than I've ever seen them do in summer camp). They even participated in the Camp Carnival Talent Show. This was their first cruise and I wasn't sure how they'd do but I can tell you that we had no problems with the staff or security. We will be cruising NCL next year and I'm kind of worried because they loved Funship Freddy so much! Thumbs up to Camp Carnival!!!:D

I'm sure this has been asked many times but a few questions:

We are going on the Carnival Paradise in May.

We have a 2 and 4 year old.

How safe is camp carnival? Also, has anyone ever used Carnival's optional babysitting at night....How good is it?

Any tips for cruiseing with kiddos?

THANKS!!!

Just got back 4 days ago and our kids are 4 and 8 and they loved Camp Carnival. The poster above talked about the security and I totally agree. The younger kids are in the enclosed playroom and you have to have your sign&sail card to check them out. Also, they will give you a cell phone to contact you just in case. Although, we never got a call on it for our 4 year old. My daughter did the face paintings as well and got lots of attention from fellow cruisers and crew members for it. She loved it.

Would you recommend Camp Carnival for a just-turned-two year old? Thinking about going a week after my son turns 2. He's in daycare, so used to being in a daycare type setting. My husband is worried about the security, and that there are certain hours they aren't open? Also, he's concerned that the age is 2 - 5, and our son would be at the very young end.

Do the younger kids get naps? What do they do about eating?

We're thinking of going just the three of us - is it going to be a problem to go without any additional babysitters?

Thanks for any/all advice!

Would you recommend Camp Carnival for a just-turned-two year old? Thinking about going a week after my son turns 2. He's in daycare, so used to being in a daycare type setting. My husband is worried about the security, and that there are certain hours they aren't open? Also, he's concerned that the age is 2 - 5, and our son would be at the very young end.

Do the younger kids get naps? What do they do about eating?

We're thinking of going just the three of us - is it going to be a problem to go without any additional babysitters?

Thanks for any/all advice!

My daughter had just turned 2 on one of our Carnival cruises. She had no problems.

Read my info above about the security. There is no way your son could walk out or be taken out without you.

Naps - they don't set up a nap time, no. They do have blankets and pillows for the later hours.

Why would your husband be worried about certain hours they aren't open? The hours that they do close are on sea days (from lunch time till the afternoon). You would be on the ship. So you would have to pick him up and take him to lunch.

If it's a port day, then they are open. And they do serve lunch on port days.

At night, they do have a Camp Carnival dinner at the Lido deck so he can eat with the Camp if you choose.

Why would you need an additional babysitter? I've gone with just my girls. No other help. So it can be done. ;)

I was wondering if the Conquest has a pool for the little ones next to the camp. I have seen photos of a camp carnival pool but Im not sure if they have one on the Conquest.... anyone know?

What do you mean "Camp Carnival pool"?

Camp Carnival does not take the littles ones to the pool. They have a pool party that starts with the older kids (ages 9 and older).

And remember, if the "little one" is still in a diaper...then there are no pool options for them on Carnival. Diapers are not allowed.

On some of the ships they have a small area that is on the deck outside of the camp that has a little wading pool with a playset in the background. It looks like it is blocked off as if it is an extension of the camp. If I can find one of the photos I will post it so you can see what I am talking about.

I was wondering if the conquest had the same set up.

My little one is 4 and will be in the pool a lot with us too.

We will be sailing in November with our 5 children. The only problem is that our children span a great age group 19-4. We will be using Camp Carnival for our youngest 2 during port days. I have not heard much about families who have left their kids onboard during port days but we may have to so that we can support the older kids. We will however go back to the ship so that we can take the younger ones off and do something with them. I am hopin that this will be a wise option. I would love to hear from other families who have used CC while in port.

Our son went to Camp Carnival at 2 years and 2 days. It worked out great. He doesn't go to day care, but he got right in with the swing of things. On formal night he went in his tux and a little five year old girl fell for him and acted as his big sister the rest of the time. We felt it was very safe.

Archived