Carnival Splendor just arrived Long Beach

Sirwinston

Thanks Tom for the great pics! Did you notice if the overhangs, i.e., weather protection work has been completed? Any evidence of construction still going on?

Will be on the 4/19 sailing and are very excited, more for the ship than the ports. This will be our 5th time to the Mex Riv.

Terminal improvement pics:

these are the new shade areas added to Long Beach. Looks like they have at least a couple more weeks to go.

Tom

Tom, you must work down there or something, yes? My aunt used to work in the GTE office in Long Beach (now Verizon, I assume, if the office is still there), and I believe they were near the Queen Mary. You don't happen to work at Verizon, do you?

Wow....thanks for posting the pics!!! They're fantastic and make my heart race. My daughter left UK last Nov to start her contract working on the Splendor and I miss her loads....When I see the pics I skip a beat, soft I know!!!

We cruise on 12th April so 23 days and counting....I can't wait to see my daughter and sail the Mexican Riviera...

By the way I think I saw all your pics of Long Beach on the walk from youre house....They're fab, Ive done lots of planning from those pics lol

Wow....thanks for posting the pics!!! They're fantastic and make my heart race. My daughter left UK last Nov to start her contract working on the Splendor and I miss her loads....When I see the pics I skip a beat, soft I know!!!

We cruise on 12th April so 23 days and counting....I can't wait to see my daughter and sail the Mexican Riviera...

By the way I think I saw all your pics of Long Beach on the walk from youre house....They're fab, Ive done lots of planning from those pics lol

Who is your daughter and what is her position with carnival ( maybe we can all fill out guest comment cards so she gets a raise):D:D:D

Haha.....a raise would be good!! But she is employed by Steiner and works in the Spa.....it was a kind thought though, is that how things work if you are employed directly through Carnival?? The more good comments etc....... Im not an experienced cruiser, this is only our 2nd cruise, last yr on the Victory but loved every minute of it..

She'll actually be in SF on Saturday, we're planning a trip up there to see her and the Spirit in dry dock.

Me too! I sail on her March 31st and am catching the 9:40am train up there tomorrow morning to go see her.

Me too! I sail on her March 31st and am catching the 9:40am train up there tomorrow morning to go see her.

Here are some photos of the Splendor this morning in S.F. Pier 35 in SF is a hard place to get a good view of ships so this is all I could manage. Having only sailed on CCL's smaller ships this one is noticeably bigger. WOW! I can't wait to board in 10 days.

P1060148.jpg.422a892bdb922e6c26a71d19a22596fe.jpg

P1060152.jpg.235f818e8d9c84021579a938e49ddd7b.jpg

P1060151.jpg.6afb5f4b09f505f44e96442a89a38c9d.jpg

Theseyb, thanks for the pics. Most people detest embarking from Pier 35, but I love it. We have done it twice. It kind of has that "old time feel", like when folks brought on steamer trunks and the like. The views of the city and Alcatraz are amazing. Nothing is better than sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge. But I digress. Does the Splendor really look as big as it seems? Does it look like a new car (after going "round the Horn") and all?

Have a fantastic cruise! Hope you will do a trip report. We leave 4/19 and are getting excited. Pink doesn't scare us.

Sharon

Archived