Possible CC Group Cruise in June 2010, Who's Interested?

dsb9938

What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.

Okay, it looks like we have enough people to narrow it down to late June or early July.

Unfortunately I cannot edit the poll, so I will ask here, which of the following do you prefer:

June 22

June 29

July 6

July 13

I can do any of these, with them being so far away.

I'll be happy once we pick a date, then I can start one of those OFFICIAL threads.

LOL

Thanks guys!

Anytime in June is good for us since it's after the kids get out of school. I don't particularly like July 6th because of having to fly the cost may be higher then (due to the holiday).

June 22nd is my vote! But any of the dates do work for us too!

The same dates from June are $30 more total for 2 people than July.

This is of course from my area, but I would assume the difference would be pretty much the same.

Can you work inside that kind of difference? (Just to keep all dates open)

Dennis

I am going to wait to hear back from Laura since she said she would contact Johna and set everything up and get back to me. They may let more than one group Cruise Critic cruise go, if so that would be GREAT. When we spoke we spoke about the first cruise out of Seattle which would be May 11, 2010; the maiden cruise. She seemed to like that idea and told me May and September had the best rates. I know a lot of people can't go until school is out, so they hopefully they will allow us both a May and a June/July. group cruise. I also want it to be a Cruise Critic Group Cruise.

Don't know how these things really work but since she said she would handle it I am going to wait and see before commiting to anything else. I am sure whatever date we end it with it will be a blast.

I know you really want to go in May, and that's fine. But it seems most of us can't or don't want to at this point (it's still cold there then!).

When I spoke to Johnha today she told me that even if it wasn't an official CC group she would give us the same rates and perks if we had enough people.

So if Laura only lets one of us do it, I can live with that. I'm going either way, just though it would be more fun if there were a large group all excited and planning things together.

Dennis

I know you really want to go in May, and that's fine. But it seems most of us can't or don't want to at this point (it's still cold there then!).

When I spoke to Johnha today she told me that even if it wasn't an official CC group she would give us the same rates and perks if we had enough people.

So if Laura only lets one of us do it, I can live with that. I'm going either way, just though it would be more fun if there were a large group all excited and planning things together.

Dennis

Dennis, if it is not a CC group cruise you can not adver. The host will remove your thread. Only Cruise critic group curises can adver. on the carnival board. ;)

I hope it works out for both of you. I went to Alaska in July and it was still cold, but I am from Florida, what to I know.It is cold to me at 60.

Dennis, if it is not a CC group cruise you can not adver. The host will remove your thread. Only Cruise critic group cruisers can adver. on the carnival board. ;)

I believe I followed the rules on the site as posting this to get a group going. I contacted Johnha and Laura about getting it made official.

I have not posted the "OFFICIAL" group thread as of yet though because I am waiting to hear from Laura.

Once I do, then there will be a permanent thread with all the details. Hopefully that will attract a good number of cruisers to the group as well!

Thanks for the advice though.

Dennis

I believe I followed the rules on the site as posting this to get a group going. I contacted Johnha and Laura about getting it made official.

I have not posted the "OFFICIAL" group thread as of yet though because I am waiting to hear from Laura.

Once I do, then there will be a permanent thread with all the details. Hopefully that will attract a good number of cruisers to the group as well!

Thanks for the advice though.

Dennis

You will do fine, as soon as your member page is up and running, you will

have a large intrest....I am the Leader of a cruise July 2010 on the Freedom and I had a group last summer of 45 cabins on the Liberty. If you have question or I can help, click on Pugs and send me an e-mail.

Called and got the itinerary from my PVP,

Alaska Itinerary:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

TUE SEATTLE, WA 4:00 PM

WED FUN DAY AT SEA

THU CRUISE TRACY ARM FJORD

FRI SKAGWAY, AK 7:00 AM 9:00 PM

SAT JUNEAU, AK 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

SUN KETCHIKAN, AK 7:00 AM 1:00 PM

MON VICTORIA, BC, CANADA 7:30 PM

TUE VICTORIA, BC, CANADA 12:00 AM

TUE SEATTLE, WA 7:00 AM

Dennis

Dennis, is this really a Tuesday to Tuesday itinerary? That makes it a bit challenging for those of us on the east coast....

Hi Dennis,

I had posted on another thread. I have already contacted Cruise critic and she is looking into group prices for me. But it was for the maiden trip, she said May had much better prices then summer. Don't know how everyone feels about that. I could not do June but possibly July. I have not been to Alaska before but I am really looking forward to it. If we do it as a Cruise Critic tour then we have to use their agent. I am waiting to see who that is and what deals they can give us.

I am Annette and am in VA, nice to meet you.

Hijacking your thread for a minute - just wanted to say hi Annette from another Roanoker!

Have a great time in Alaska - it is on my "one day" list of cruises but I'm already booked for 2010!

[quote name='anamanxs']When we spoke we spoke about the first cruise out of Seattle which would be May 11, 2010[/QUOTE]

I can't go anytime in May...school here isn't out til June 11th. So count me out if it's a May date.

[quote name='dsb9938']The same dates from June are $30 more total for 2 people than July.

[/QUOTE]

That's weird cause when I try and book june it's cheaper then going into July. Maybe once you get the info back we can all decide which is better?

Okay, so it looks at least at this point like July 6th is the date.

I will wait till this afternoon to post a thread with the exact date and ship name and all the details, just to see if there's feedback.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Dennis

I've never been to Alaska, but my only cruising experience has been in the summer. Being in my early 40's and not having children, they aren't something I crave seeing. That doesn't mean they bother me though, LOL.

That said, even on summer cruises, while there may be children, as long as you aren't on a Spring Break type cruise, they have never been a problem for me or my companions.

I find that most parents keep their children well behaved. Of course there are always exceptions and horror stories, but those are rare as far as I can tell.

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

I am fine with whatever happens, Great to meet you. Hi VAcruiser. Dennis, Noticed you said you asked for a military discount. Are you active duty? East coast or west coast? Might be nice to see where everyone is from once this gets going? No matter when we go.

Archived