NOLA Port/Luggage question

rgh184

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Carnival Fantasy on Saturday. In my research, I've found that one can embark as early as 12:30 at the port. We are arriving around this time in NO and were hoping that we would be able to drop off our luggage at the ship and then go out for a late lunch in NO without having to drag our bags around. Is such a thing possible? Or once you commit to checking in, do you have to follow through completely. I am worried about the security folks taking issue with us putting our bags on the ship, but not ourselves. This is more or less our first cruise and we dont know exactly what to expect.

Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks

In NOLA, there is a street car that stops by the terminal you will be able to take the French Quarter & stops at the foot of Canal Street (Main St.). The parking is great, it is a deck you drive into and unload you luggage inside. There are elevators from the deck to the check-in area.... All in all a great place to cruise from, especially if it is rainy ~~!!~~

Archived