All things Splendor!

enjoyinglife

I am planning on booking the Splendor within a couple of days. For the Miracle, there was a thread called "all things Miracle" where one could go to post questions, leave comments, etc. It was very popular.

I am curious about the ship. Who has gone already? Did you like it? What is the good and bad on it?

Does anyone have questions? I probably have 10 plus what is above!

I am planning on booking the Splendor within a couple of days. For the Miracle, there was a thread called "all things Miracle" where one could go to post questions, leave comments, etc. It was very popular.

I am curious about the ship. Who has gone already? Did you like it? What is the good and bad on it?

Does anyone have questions? I probably have 10 plus what is above!

I saw this posted on a previous thread

Hope this helps you out some.

I will be sailing on her in 2 more months

for my first Mexican Riviera cruise

Here is the Link:

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalSplendor-Profile.html

My aunt is cruising on the john mayer cruise next week on the spendor. I told her to take lots of photos so I can post. Then we will be on her may 3rd for our cruise.

Hey, my 16 year old son wanted to go on that cruise! It surprised me that was the one he wanted!

Carolinamamasita,

thanks! I saw that yesterday and only had time to view the first page, and the pic's looked great! Now I have the link to view the whole pages when I have the time!

asburyfamily, I will be anxioulsy waiting for some feedback of the ship and ports. We have never been on that ship or to those ports!

Cruiser1977,

I am also anxious. From what I read, the mexican riveria starts soon, but exactly when I dont know. I do think I read that it made it to long beach today or yesterday???

Hello! I am booking on the March 31st sailing of the Carnival Splendor. Can anyone offer help in selecting a cabin (3 of us)? Have looked at the deck plans but need advice for quiet cabin. Ocean view or balcony? Is it worth the money? We are in dire need of sun (Seattle folks!) so hope to have some good weather!!

Hello! I am booking on the March 31st sailing of the Carnival Splendor. Can anyone offer help in selecting a cabin (3 of us)? Have looked at the deck plans but need advice for quiet cabin. Ocean view or balcony? Is it worth the money? We are in dire need of sun (Seattle folks!) so hope to have some good weather!!

We booked a cabin on the Empress deck, which is between two other floors with cabins, so no club noise or noise from any other maintenance that goes on at night. Then we also booked in the middle of the ship so that we would not hear water crashing against the hull or bob up and down if the sea got a little rough. We also wanted a balcony...for the view and the fresh air when we wanted it without having to be around other passengers all the time to enjoy it. One nice thing about the interior cabins is that they are dark - if you like sleeping in in the morning on sea days.

That cruise was expensive I think for 975.00 a person I can go on a 7 day and see him in concert instead. This is my first time on a new ship. It seems like everytime we go out of a new port the same ships follow! BUt we really don't care a cruise is a cruise to us!

Raingal,

I have never been on the splendor, but mjl1960 gave you some great information. We love our balconies, but my second favorite is the interior due to me liking a dark cabin.

As for as choosing a balcony cabin, I would try to stick like raingal said; if you dont know much about choosing a cabin, mid ship between passenger decks. That is where we were on my Miracle cruise one month ago.

On the ships like the conquest, I have been all the way forward, actually the first cabin on panorama and again on empress. What was neat about those two cabins was that I read on these boards that with the right tool, we could open our balcony partion and go to the front of the ship without having to pass through our door. This was especially nice going into a port to see from a ways out and them going on your own priviate balcony. We opened and closed the balcony when we wanted. I think my husband used something maybe called a leatherman?

We can go all the way forward or rear without worring about sea sickness because so far, it has never happened to us.

By the way, to us, the extra money is worth it for the balcony cabin. I was opposed to it at first (didnt know if it woud be worth it, but other freidns traveling with us was getting one and DH won the arguement. It is the best arguement he has ever won and that I am grateful for!!!!!!!!! LOL!

I will only book a balcony cabin on Empress deck. Between 2 cabin only decks. Laundry on that floor (Every other deck has laundry). I always check deck plans first, before I make a reservation.

Can't wait to sail Splendor on 4/19. Will post a short review on return. We have a Cat 11 on Empress deck if anyone needs to know anything specific, let me know before we leave.

She's finally here! Theres some great pics on the thread by Sir Winston of her arrival yesterday and departure as well. We are looking to cruise her in July or August 2010.

I am going to try and do a CC group Cruise once we get the dates on Carnivals website any interest??? Look for a thread on that to begin any time.

She is sure a beauty!!

well, I fianlly did it! We are booked for 2/14/10! I found this blog on the carnival website about the splendor and thought that after I check out the links that has been provided already, I would check it out, and where better to deposit the link at then here?

Hope others get to enjoy it also!

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/06/02/an-interview-with-the-man-who-designed-the-interior-of-my-new-homemr-joe-farcus/

For those of you getting off of the Splendor, please tell us if there was a choice of traditional and anytime (or whatever it is) dinning, or what is the deal!

also, if someone goes on the Splendor then post a review, please add a link to this thread!

Thanks, also, any advice on hotels, transportation to the pier, etc.?

We are booked for April 19th in a Spa balcony on the Panorama deck...Personally, I love the balcony cabins best. In terms of tours we booked the Tequilla Factory Tour at PV, but just intend to explore on our own at Cabo and Matzalan.

I will post some pictures and review when we return..

We are booked for April 19th in a Spa balcony on the Panorama deck...Personally, I love the balcony cabins best. In terms of tours we booked the Tequilla Factory Tour at PV, but just intend to explore on our own at Cabo and Matzalan.

I will post some pictures and review when we return..

Hey, thanks, we will be waiting. Enjoy yourself! I love balcony cabins, but wasn't sure about the balcony spa cabins on the Splendor...like is there a steam room? Does it have an extra charge if you are in a regular cabin?

Hi, does anyone know if the balcony rooms have fridges in them?? 13 day to go!!!

This was on a review of the Splendor...so it should have one:

every stateroom has a telephone, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, mini-bar, bathrobes and a flat-screen television.

Archived