M Class: Royal vs Celebrity Suite

WineDown17

Was able to upgrade today for a song for a 12 night med sailing..

Never been in an RS.. would love to hear what folks impressions have been -

Also if anyone has pics...

WIll we be happier? I didnt miss the balcony in the CS.. but thinking it will be nice to have one.. nervous about being so far aft...

Welcome any and all feedback. Thanks!

Congratulations on your good fortune! We have sailed in both, and the only time I would prefer the Celebrity Suite would be on a crossing with bad weather as it is mid-ship. Royal Suites are wonderful, and we have not found the aft location a problem at all, and we did a TA in one. Smooth as silk. The large living room is usually furnished with two sofas and a chair with ottoman on M Class ships..and a computer station. The bedroom is not huge, but comfortable, and it has a convenient vanity area near the doorway to the expansive veranda. In the bath, you will find both a whirlpool tub and a separate shower. If you have any specific questions, I will be happy to answer them if I can. Again, congratulations and happy cruising....

we have sailed in both. they are similar except for the balcony and extra couch in the living area.

we like both of them and you will enjoy the balcony in the med

we slept on it a couple of nights and was great

the somewhat aft location was not a problem at all

hava great cruise

I've stayed in both and I really prefer the Royal suite for the bathroom alone. In the CS, the tub is wedged right against the toilet and sinks, and it can be tough getting into and out of that tub. The biggest plus of the CS is the closet, which is much bigger, and has a real dressing area, unlike the RS. For such a large suite, I feel the closets in the RS's are far too small, especially for longer cruises.

Here are some pictures of RS 6138 from the Millennium in November 2006. If you don't have a connecting door, you'll have two full couches instead of a couch and a love seat. As Darcie mentioned, the closet is pretty skimpy. There is also a small coat closet in the dining area.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563693641IgfQfp?vhost=good-times

Dave

Congrats on your upgrade. We stayed in the RS on the Millie in '07 and loved it. The balcony is a deal breaker for me so I am biased. This one is especially nice because you can take advantage of both sun and shade.

I found the hanging space in the closet to be small but there is plenty of other storage. We liked the bedroom completely separated from the living area and the dressing table made it nice for us to both get ready for dinner at the same time. There is an outlet to accomodate hair dryer and curling iron.

Our steward and butler were the best we have had on any cruise. Have a wonderful cruise!

Don't forget the hot tub on the deck - that is a great place to laze and read and watch the ocean go by.....and the sunsets......and the ocean.....oh! I am obsessing again....Have a great cruise....

Thanks everyone, I am sure we wont be disappointed.. the room seems very comparable to the CS.. but the deck and hot tub will be great. especially after long days of sightseeing!

7 weeks from tonight we will be on our way!! :)

ps: dAVE- tHANKS FOR THE PICS!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks everyone, I am sure we wont be disappointed.. the room seems very comparable to the CS.. but the deck and hot tub will be great. especially after long days of sightseeing!

7 weeks from tonight we will be on our way!! :)

ps: dAVE- tHANKS FOR THE PICS!

Hello are you on the Summit sailing April 18th? We are booked in a CS suite and have noticed that the royal suites are still available. Maybe we will get an upgrade once onboard. Happy sailing.

Claudetteicon11.gif

Archived