EXPLORER OF THE SEAS APRIL 17th CHANGE OF SAILING TIMES

I have just recieved an email from Royal Caribbean, This is how it reads.

Further to your email enquiry, we would advise that the Explorer of the seas did experience damageto the ship`s propellors at the end of January/beginning of febuary. Whilst repairs were made to the ship, these will remain under careful review.

With regards to this particular 9 day sailing onboard Explorer of the seas departing 17 Apr 09, we would advise that there has unfortunately been a slight amendment to this sailing.

The ship`s arrival time into San Juan has changed from 3.00pm to 4.00pm.

The departure time from Charlotte Amalie,St Thomas has changed from 5.30pm to 5.00pm.

The call time into Labadee has shifted from 9.00am - 5.00pm to 8.00am - 4.00pm.

Letters advising of this information have been dispatched today.

I hope this information is of some help to people like me , who have arranged some private trips in some of the ports. At least we are not missing any ports ! Only 4 weeks to go now and i am getting so excited :)

We will be there right after you too! Also wondering when we will be notified. In fact, I'm not even sure what our itinerary is these days. The only notification I ever received was last fall when they said Puerto Rico was cancelled and now it seems its back with Tortola cancelled.

We are going on March 27 and i had called Royal and they said that the propeller was fixed but i am starting not to believe this. We got the itinerary changed to, hour less in St. Thomas and we are in San Juan from 10 PM, thats PM people!!!!!:mad: The next day we leave at 11 AM which leaves us to get up at the crack of dawn to go on excursions, or not at all!:eek: It sucks, but Royal can change it without notice, which stinks.:(

Kyle

We are on the April 26th cruise and sadly they have eliminated Tortolua. However the GOOD news is the cruise is still on! We will still have a great time. Good that none of the ports will be missed for you luckyd6. Have a great time.

I have just recieved an email from Royal Caribbean, This is how it reads.

Further to your email enquiry, we would advise that the Explorer of the seas did experience damageto the ship`s propellors at the end of January/beginning of febuary. Whilst repairs were made to the ship, these will remain under careful review.

With regards to this particular 9 day sailing onboard Explorer of the seas departing 17 Apr 09, we would advise that there has unfortunately been a slight amendment to this sailing.

The ship`s arrival time into San Juan has changed from 3.00pm to 4.00pm.

The departure time from Charlotte Amalie,St Thomas has changed from 5.30pm to 5.00pm.

The call time into Labadee has shifted from 9.00am - 5.00pm to 8.00am - 4.00pm.

Letters advising of this information have been dispatched today.

I hope this information is of some help to people like me , who have arranged some private trips in some of the ports. At least we are not missing any ports ! Only 4 weeks to go now and i am getting so excited :)

You are missing Samana...or did that already get dropped? We were on the ship Jan 23 9 nighter when this propellor was damaged.

You are missing Samana...or did that already get dropped? We were on the ship Jan 23 9 nighter when this propellor was damaged.

No. Samana is still listed without change.

We are on the 04/17 voyage and while a little disappointed that we arrive an hour later in San Juan and depart 1/2 earlier from St. Thomas we are still thrilled to be going!

We had seen posts by the 03/27 cruisers indicating the significant change to San Juan so had looked ourselves.

Archived