what kind of adaptor for Uk to RCCL sockets?

I've read lots of information about sockets, extension cables, blowing fuses and setting off fire alarms on the 1st time cruisers forum but I'm looking for some RCCL specific information.

I have an intercontinental travel adaptor, it has two straight little pins that you can have straight up and down or twist them so they are at an angle. Is this all I need to charge my mobile phone and use my GHD hairstraightners (they are not the fancy new dual voltage ones)?

I've read lots of information about sockets, extension cables, blowing fuses and setting off fire alarms on the 1st time cruisers forum but I'm looking for some RCCL specific information.

I have an intercontinental travel adaptor, it has two straight little pins that you can have straight up and down or twist them so they are at an angle. Is this all I need to charge my mobile phone and use my GHD hairstraightners (they are not the fancy new dual voltage ones)?

RCI provides two different kinds of sockets in their cabins:

• 110V american style sockets
  • 220V European style sockets

Double_16A_American_Socket.jpgSchuko-Socket.jpg

If it's intercontinental it will have pins for a US-style socket. This will fit the RCCL US socket, but the voltage (110v) will not be correct for your hair straighteners.

You need a European travel adaptor (pictured), to plug into the RCCL European socket. This will give the correct voltage (220v) for your hair straighteners.

HJ070.jpg

As an extra tip, if you take a UK multi-way extension lead you can plug this into the European adapter and then have multiple sockets for straighteners, phone, etc.

Archived