Wine Packages

stanmoto98

Hello Everyone,

We're booked on the Jewel for the 4/17 transatlantic. This will be my first NCL cruise, my wife's second.

We've sail RCCL in the past and always purchased a wine package. It allowed us to choose X number of bottles of wine or champagne from a prescribed list whenever/however we chose during the cruise.

Does NCL offer anything like this?

No Stan.. Unfortunately not. NCL does offer a "buy so many bottles a cruise and get one free" deal.

But.. did you know that you can bring on all the wine you want for $15 corkage fee each?

The romance package is a very good deal at $79

Sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries at embarkation

Dinner for two with bottle of wine at Le Bistro

1- 8x10 photo.

BTW, We loved the wine package on RCCL

Hello Everyone,

We're booked on the Jewel for the 4/17 transatlantic. This will be my first NCL cruise, my wife's second.

We've sail RCCL in the past and always purchased a wine package. It allowed us to choose X number of bottles of wine or champagne from a prescribed list whenever/however we chose during the cruise.

Does NCL offer anything like this?

In my experience, sometimes NCL has a package, sometimes they don't. I don't know how they decide when or where to offer it! In Nov 08, the package was some (10?)% off the total price if you bought a certain amount (6?) of bottles up front. At other times, it's a buy a certain number, get one free package.

But earlier this month (on a different NCL ship), there was no package at all.

If there is a package on your cruise, it will be advertised the first day or two. Just ask around.

On our Legend of the Sea TA two years ago we bought the 10 bottle wine package. It worked out to be 15% off each bottle by the time it was all said and done... the price included the gratuity too.

How are the wine prices on board the Jewel or NCL in general.

$15 corkage fee per bottle is steep and doesn't make it cost effective depending on the bottle of wine.

The romance package is a very good deal at $79

Sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries at embarkation

Dinner for two with bottle of wine at Le Bistro

1- 8x10 photo.

BTW, We loved the wine package on RCCL

Does anyone know if the sparkling wine at embarkation is a full bottle or just a glass? I see that they note "bottle of wine" at Le Bistro. Might be a good deal for $79.

I'm also interested in their bottled wine costs too. I would imagine that most ships are about the same, but you never know.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the sparkling wine at embarkation is a full bottle or just a glass? I see that they note "bottle of wine" at Le Bistro. Might be a good deal for $79.

I'm also interested in their bottled wine costs too. I would imagine that most ships are about the same, but you never know.

Thanks!

You get a glass of champagne when you board. If you purchase the romance package ahead of time $79 - you'll have a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries in your cabin. We took the bottle to dinner - no problem. Then you can pick when you want to go to LeBistro and get a free bottle of wine (hint - they bring you an anniversary cake - tell them you want to take it back to your cabin and order the chocolate fondue - yummy!) Plus you get invited to the honeymoon/anniversary cake and champagne party - this is where they take your free photo - drink all the champagne you want here! And one night they deliver canapes to your room. All fr $79 - well worth it!

You get a glass of champagne when you board. If you purchase the romance package ahead of time $79 - you'll have a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries in your cabin. We took the bottle to dinner - no problem. Then you can pick when you want to go to LeBistro and get a free bottle of wine (hint - they bring you an anniversary cake - tell them you want to take it back to your cabin and order the chocolate fondue - yummy!) Plus you get invited to the honeymoon/anniversary cake and champagne party - this is where they take your free photo - drink all the champagne you want here! And one night they deliver canapes to your room. All fr $79 - well worth it!

msboo18 - thank you for all the info. It's been 10 years since we've sailed on NCL, but when looking at this package it seemed like a good deal. I read where you get a glass of champagne when you board (nice touch, like Celebrity does), but figured that the Romance Package might not include two full bottles of wine/sparkling wine. With the party thrown in, they may lose some money - I really enjoy champagne! :)

Good to hear from someone in WPB - Florida is my home state and I do miss it.

Again, thank you.

Msboo18... thanks for much for the info on the Romance Package. That sounds like a real plan!

This is actually our honeymoon. Didi was going through chemotherapy when we got married last summer and it wouldn't have been much of a honeymoon in between treatments. So we are so jazzed about this cruise. It will be our first time to really get away and relax since she got her clean bill of health in December.

Hi all of those that just sailed on Jade

We are going on the May 2,2009 sailing from Barcelona to Rotterdam

and of course we are all very excited....

I have a question

On our board there has been a lot of talk about bring water, soda and booze on board. We know the policy..

What we would like to know do they enforce it....

Two years ago I/we were on CCL Freedom Rome round trip and had problem always had a bottle in the room and never a word said as we entered the ship... How is NCL on Jade in Europe????

Thanks

Generally they are pretty strict about it and your bags are screened at every port.

However, we bought a couple of bottles of Rioja in Barcelona and they never stopped us when the bags were screened outside the terminal. Interestingly there is a booze shop inside the terminal and you are not checked again before you board ....

Generally they are pretty strict about it and your bags are screened at every port.

However, we bought a couple of bottles of Rioja in Barcelona and they never stopped us when the bags were screened outside the terminal. Interestingly there is a booze shop inside the terminal and you are not checked again before you board ....

Thanks for your answer

So once we are in the NCL Terminal we can buy a couple of bottles at the duty free shop and just take them to our Cabin no worries ???

If so that's nice to know because the idea of going to the naughty room terrifies me... Do you know what they do to those who enter the naughty room oh besides the full body cavity search. and after they rip the lining out of your luggage. and I also heard they take the gold fillings out of your teeth if you have any and Gawd help you if you don't!!!!... Some cruisers say people the enter the naughty room are never seen again until the cruise is over?? and then they just sit in wheel chairs and drool.. LOL:D:rolleyes:

In other words if your wrong this might be the last time anyone hears from me....

Msboo18... thanks for much for the info on the Romance Package. That sounds like a real plan!

This is actually our honeymoon. Didi was going through chemotherapy when we got married last summer and it wouldn't have been much of a honeymoon in between treatments. So we are so jazzed about this cruise. It will be our first time to really get away and relax since she got her clean bill of health in December.

Just wanted to say it is wonderful that your wife was given a clean bill of health! I hope you both have a fabulous, and well deserved, relaxing honeymoon! Happy sailing :-)

Archived