So, do you like the Pride?

missabbi

DH and I are looking at a cruise out of Baltimore on the Pride. I haven't heard much about this ship...can anyone help me out? Is it nice? What cabin category do you recommend for this ship. We usually get a balcony.

We LOVED the Pride! She was our first cruise, and is what got us hooked on cruising. Beautiful ship. Although it's been a few years, the decor on Pride was my favorite so far...very elegant.

Spirit class (which Pride is) are my favorite ships. I love the layout, which is very easy to navigate. I love the flat pool areas (instead of the stadium-style tiered seating on Conquest ships). I love the smaller, less crowded feel of the Spirit class.

You can't go wrong with Pride!

As far as cabins.......they are virtually the same on all Carnival ships. So, if you've been in a balcony or oceanview cabin on one Carnival ship.......they are the same on all. Only difference is obviously, the balcony cabin has a balcony ~ other than that, it's identical to an oceanview.

DH and I are looking at a cruise out of Baltimore on the Pride. I haven't heard much about this ship...can anyone help me out? Is it nice? What cabin category do you recommend for this ship. We usually get a balcony.

My ABSOLUTE favorite Carnival ship of my ABSOLUTE favorite Carnival CLASS of ships. How's that ? :D

Have cruised her in a balcony with my son and SOLO in a 1A. Great time always. Beautiful artwork abounds all over her. Aft Lido deck open to the sea instead of buried behind steel and glass on the Conquest class. Terrific crew, absolutely immaculate ship . . . you'll love her. See my webshot pics below.

Will miss her here in LA :(, but . . .

The SPLENDOR is homeporting here ! ! :D

I just got off the Pride last week, and although the pictures i'd seen weren't very flattering - she was BEAUTIFUL!

I have no other Carnival experience to compare too, but I certainly enjoyed myself! :)

-Pet

I loved the Pride! Some people don't care for the decor much, but it didn't bother me at all. DW and I sailed her for my 50th birthday with a group of 33, and everyone had a blast. We had an aft wrap balcony and if one is available spend the money, you won't be dissapointed. Happy cruising!!!

I do not think we hear a lot about the Pride, because she sailed ot of California....

now that she is making her way to Miami for a few weeks, and then to Baltimore, I bet we hear a lot more!

BTW>> I will be on her from Miami in three weeks... and I will send a full review full of pictures!

Catrin

I was on the Spirit then the Pride. Loved them both. Booked the Pride cuz I loved the Spirit so much that I wanted more. Love the ship layout. No dead ends like other ships. You know, where you can only go so far, then take an elevator up or down a floor or two to continue etc. Not like that. You can walk the entire length of the ship on most decks.

Food "FABULOUS"

Service "Perfection"

Condition "Great"

I don't really have anything negative to say about her.

we loved the Pride, but I must say we loved every fun ship we have been on from the Celebration to the Liberty:D . Every cruise you take know matter what ship it is, the cruise is what you make it. We will be on the Conquest in just 3 weeks and I'll say it now, it was a great cruise to :D

I need to know what is that great looking drink Brett is holding? The long glass. Looks yummy. I want one.

My ABSOLUTE favorite Carnival ship of my ABSOLUTE favorite Carnival CLASS of ships. How's that ? :D

Have cruised her in a balcony with my son and SOLO in a 1A. Great time always. Beautiful artwork abounds all over her. Aft Lido deck open to the sea instead of buried behind steel and glass on the Conquest class. Terrific crew, absolutely immaculate ship . . . you'll love her. See my webshot pics below.

Will miss her here in LA :(, but . . .

The SPLENDOR is homeporting here ! ! :D

I am so excited that carnival is cruising out of Baltimore...My husband and I went on a Carnival cruise this past october for our honeymoon! We cruised on the Miracle our of Ft. Lauderdale...it was my first cruise but his 4th I believe...he is the one who got me hooked and when we found out that they were cruising out of Baltimore we were extatic...we live half an hour away!!! No air fare for us this year!!!

We are already booked on the Pride for August 29th this year and can't wait!!

We sailed the Pride out of Long Beach and loved every minute. We are sailing on her in April of this year and can't wait. We also love the Sprit class ships. The layouts are wonderful. You will not abe disappointed.

I need to know what is that great looking drink Brett is holding? The long glass. Looks yummy. I want one.

Sorry, Collcoll, I have no idea ! ! Its whatever the Drink of the Day was . . . we were having so much fun . . . he just went up and ordered drinks for us. I'm sure someone can recognize it though. :) (notice his drink is LARGER than his Dad's . . . little rascal):rolleyes:

I hope you enjoyed the pics . . . I just reviewed them and I see there is some duplication and will have to redo some of the captions. I usually cruise SOLO, so it was a real treat to be able to take my son with me. We had a ball. :D

Thank you all for your replies. I am mostly interested in the Pride since we can drive to the port in Baltimore and save airfare. We are taking the family (6 adults) on the Victory in June and with the cost of the cruise and airfare for everyone, we're looking to save a few bucks on the September cruise. :D Sounds like the Pride will be great for us!

i'm thinking about sailing the pride out of baltimore...in july 2010.....birthday

i'm thinking about sailing the pride out of baltimore...in july 2010.....birthday

I'm thinking about sailing the Pride out of Long Beach tomorrow.:p:p:p

Sorry, we are excited.:)

Mike

Gee, thought I loved the Pride. The memory was kind of fading, so we sailed her again. Yep, just as good as the first time. Make sure to check out all the beautiful glass displays, they are all over the ship. Go down the slide and scare the heck out of yourself (I am 50 something and lived to tell).

She is a very nice ship. You are lucky to have her (sniff). Take care of our girl.

I'm looking forward to the Pride reviews once she starts sailing from Baltimore! Hope all of you going in May will bring back some great info and post for us - can hardly wait until we sail on her in June!!!

We loved the Pride. We had a 8G mid-ship and it was heaven.

The art on the ship is a little gaudy, but who goes on a cruise to look at wallpaper anyway? I always laugh at reviews that go on and on about the decor.

We loved the Pride. We had a 8G mid-ship and it was heaven.

The art on the ship is a little gaudy, but who goes on a cruise to look at wallpaper anyway? I always laugh at reviews that go on and on about the decor.

Can you tell me about your 8G cabin? We are booked in Nov. in an 8G # 6267. Says it's an extended balcony. How "extended" is it?

Oliver

Going on the Pride 5/30/09 this will be our first Carnival Cruise we have only sailed on Celebrity so we are looking foward to this cruise to compare the lines will let you know what we think.

Archived