Various Portofino's Questions

Just a few questions on Portofino's:

1. How are the appetizers, etc. served? Is it select from the menu like in the dining room, or they bring you a little of everything like at Sabatini's on Princess?

2. Can you get more than one entree? Really would like the filet and the tiger shrimp. I know we'll be full, but can we eat not as much of the appetizers and save room for the extra entree?

3. We'd like to bring our almost 13 year old son with us. I know he's supposed to be 13 but will be a couple months shy. I'm assuming that unlike shore excursions or Adventure Ocean, as long as he looks and acts maturely, they won't ID him! Has anyone brought a kid this age? Did they enjoy it? He really likes that kind of food and I think would be on his best behavior since he'd be away from his younger brothers and "grownup" with Mom & Dad.

4. What's the dress code? Is a nice blouse and pants okay for me? Do my husband and son need jackets & ties, or is just a dress shirt okay?

5. When you sign up on the first day, can they tell you what other days have which menus so we can pick the best day? Or do you just guess and hope it works out?

Thanks so much for any help!

Big Red Boat '88,
Fair Princess '90,
Norway '91,
Regal Princess '91,
Carnival Fantasy '93,
Regent Rainbow '95,
Big Red Boat '98,
Disney Wonder '00,
Grand Princess 11/16/03,
Voyager of the Seas 09/10/04

<MARQUEE> Voyager of the Seas - 9/10/2004 <MARQUEE>

the menu for portofino never changes. its the same any day you go. appetizers are ordered from the menu but they also bring you a bread basket and a small tray of toppings. one is tuna, one is sort of like bruschetta with tomaotes and seasonings and one is some type of black olive and anchovie mix. as for your son i think he should be ok. when i was there there was a couple who brought their 12 year old. i think they say 13 because it discourages people with babies toddlers etc. you can get as many entree's or desserts that you like.also if there is anything that you order that you don't like when you get it it is no trouble for them to take it away. my husband ordered seafood soup but when it came there was a big tentacle poking out of it. he couldn't eat it. have a great time you will enjoy it

Archived