Noordam Aft Corner Cabin

sfilbert

I have never been on HAL and have a choice of corner suites 4180, 4185, 5191 and 6177. I have read some negative reviews about 4180 and 4185 stating there is a window washing platform on the side. Not a big deal, since we wont be on the side too much. But is one cabin any better than the other?

Anyone have pictures of these cabins?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

The window washing mechanism on Deck 4 can also move to the aft portion of the railing ... this is where it's positioned during Panama Canal transits.

Others will be along to discuss the differences among those cabins. I understand that 5191's verandah is now just about fully covered by the deck above.

A benefit of 6177 is that it's only one deck below Neptune Lounge ... makes it a little quicker to get there and back.

Shot of Westerdam (sister to Noordam), post refit, with Deck 5 covered verandah and window washing machine on Deck 4:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2361558160090914808BZrLog

I understand that 5191's verandah is now just about fully covered by the deck above.

This is incorrect.

Noordam was originally built with the aft extensions - not retrofitted - therefore Deck 5 is out where it should be, and the verandahs are open and uncovered unlike her older post-retrofit sisters.

There is a link in my signature to some photos of 4185 on Westerdam. We LOVED that cabin. Noordam's should be more or less similar on the interior. I'm not sure about the veranda, because as Brian (bepsf) noted, Noordam's aft is not exactly like Westerdam's post-retrofit aft.

We did not find the window washing rig to be a major impediment to our enjoyment of this lovely cabin with its expansive veranda and wake view. The drawback for some might be that of all the suites with Neptune Lounge privileges, this one and its twin on the port side are the farthest away from the NL, thus making it more difficult to just "pop in" there for a snack or to make a request of the concierge.

This is incorrect.

Noordam was originally built with the aft extensions - not retrofitted - therefore Deck 5 is out where it should be, and the verandahs are open and uncovered unlike her older post-retrofit sisters.

Thanks, Brian, for the correction. That'll make the photo link I sent of Westerdam incorrect for Noordam then ... I appreciate the answer.

So, to get me straight, Noordam has the open verandahs and the other 3 Vistas have Deck 5 covered post-retrofit?

Hi Sfilbert - we were on Noordam last year corner aft - deck 7 port - cabins are a bit smaller than SA but deck makes up for it if you like the outdoors - it's windy on the side but it was great - deck 4 does have that equipment but it looked like it would not to interfer with aft experience.

Have a great time!

So, to get me straight, Noordam has the open verandahs and the other 3 Vistas have Deck 5 covered post-retrofit?
Almost. It will be true when the Oosterdam comes out of dry dock about 5 weeks from now. :)

We were in 5190 on the Noordam in February and it was marvelous. The deck is partially shaded, but not completely so. Since 5191 is the mirror of this, that is the one I would choose. I think this cabin is slightly larger than the other aft cabins. And it was great to have both the aft and side decks.

Roberta

Archived